Forever Young

Forever Young

As you lift your feet to take the next step, there was a slight pause, as if your body is protesting against your action. Nonetheless, you forced yourself forward.

There was still a slight drizzle, the tiny dew of rain is trapped in your hair. Some managed to fuse together and form larger droplets. Those larger droplets would cause the hair to droop, then it'll flow off the tip and flow down the curve of your cheeks.

The yellow light from the streetlamps were distorted by the rain. The wet surfaces of the ground reflected the blurry light from the streetlamps. There were small shallow puddles, accumulating the transparent tears from the sky.

You made it to the middle of the bridge. Everything seemed so serene and calm, unlike what is happening internally. Your mind is in a turmoil. Your body is trembling from the cold and from the fear.

There was a stinging sensation in your nose and your chin began to quiver. The muscles above your eyebrows were twitching.

You feel your eyes starting to turn foggy, not from the rain, but from your tears. You involuntarily sniffled as you looked down into the dark abyss below you.

You placed a foot on the elevated step and pushed yourself up. You are right at the edge of the bridge and you lifted your right leg, ready to take the final step forward.

"Y/N!"

You felt yourself falling forward and you closed your eyes, preparing to feel the violent gush of the wind as your body plunge hundreds of feet down.

However, you felt a sharp searing pain in your arm from a sudden yank. You gasped in pain and was slammed against the side of the bridge.

An arm was grabbing onto your wet slippery arm. You were dangling in midair, only held on by the hooded figure right above you. You faced the hooded figure and tried to make out who that was. He was desperately holding onto your arm but you could feel yourself slipping down.

"Y/N! Give me you another hand!"

You were stunned. You recognized the deep voice. It belonged to Namjoon.

"Namjoon, just let me go...You should not be here..."

You said weakly as you looked down. As the fat droplets of transparent liquid fall on your face, you could feel your salty tears mix with them. Your arm was burning from just being held on and you want to just fall.

"Babe...don't...don't do this to me..."

His voice was croaking and you knew that his tears were falling from his eyes and onto you.

"You got to keep fighting...we'll face the future together...just don't give up..."

Your heart was on the verge of shattering from how broken he sounded.

"Babe, let me help...please...you're not alone...I'll never let you be alone from now on..."

There were million of thoughts running in your mind but one thing is for certain.

You love Kim Namjoon.

You forced your other limp arm up towards Namjoon. He burst into relieved laughter as he grabbed hold of your other arms and pulled you upwards.

When you finally got to the surface of the bridge, the first thing that happened was a blur of lights and you're in Namjoon's warm embrace.

As both of your wet bodies pressed against one another, you curled your aching arm around his back and started sobbing. He was gently patting your back as you back were violently heaving up and down. Your every breath was in wretchedly and your buried yourself further into this chest.

You were clinging onto Namjoon as if he was the only thing keeping you alive, which he is. He was also crying. He was whispering comforting words but his voice was shaking and his occasional sniffles gave him away.

This made you cry even harder because you did this. At this point, your hands are leaving imprints on his back. He used one of his hand to brush your wet hair backwards and was leaving kisses on your head.

He cupped your head with his hand and held you tightly. Your wet hair was sticking to your skin so he used his fingers and brushed him away.

After a while of both of you crying, you are finally calm enough to talk. The weather was worsening so Namjoon bend down and hooked his arm under your knees. He scooped you up and carried you up. You have your arms hooked around his neck and was curled up, shivering.

"Namjoon...I'm...I'm so sorry..."

"Don't talk now..."

You kept quiet and the both of you walked in silence. You could only hear the sound of the rain hitting against the surface of the bridge and both of your breaths.

Namjoon stopped and gently placed your legs on the ground. He yanked the car door opened and scooped you off your feet.

He placed your trembling soaked body on the dry leather seat and grabbed his jacket from the backseats. He covered your body with his jacket and you were immediately engulfed in heat.

He got into the driver's seat and started the engine. You turned to face him and you could see his hair clump into massive strands.

There were still rain dropping from the tip of his hair and onto his completely drenched hoodie. His eyebrows were tensed into a frown and he was pinching his lips, something he'll only do if he's worrying.

You knew that he was blaming himself for this internally.

"Babe, it's not your fault. Stop..."

"NO!"

You jumped from his outburst. He ran his hand through his hair and murmured, "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...I should have known..."

You could see the tears collect at the rim of his eyes. He tried blinking them away but all that did was cause it to flow down his damp face. You reached out and took his empty hand. You covered his massive hand with both of yours and rubbed them against his.

A comfortable silence settles between you two.

The rain got heavier and the droplets smashed against the roof, making it sound like the beats on a drum. You leaned against the door and your eyes trained on the wiper. It was waving at a constant rhythm. 

You felt your eyelid getting heavy and as you embraced the darkness from tiredness, you realized that you've found your light that would bring you out of the darkness. You tightened your grip on Namjoon's hands as you lose unconsciousness. 

 

 

A/N: Chapter 2 will be coming soon! Look forward to it :)