yunho oneshot

Cake (Yunho oneshot)

 

I shake my head. I barely know him and yet… my parents just ditched me, leaving me with this boy. And my brother, oh, my brother. He went out with friends while I have to stay home with him.

“Um, Yunho, right?” I ask, trying to make conversation.

“Yeah.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t really remember you that well,” I tell him apologetically.

“It’s fine. I wouldn’t expect you to. It’s been about ten years. You were only 5 last time I saw you.”

“Oh. Well, I kind of remember you… a bit. I do remember your face a little.”

“That’s all? Just my face?” Yunho laughs. His laugh triggers a memory.

“Yuuuunhooo!!!!”

“What is it?”

“It hurts,” I answered, crying a little.

“What does?”

“My knee. Look.” I showed him my knee where small scratches were present.

“It’s not that bad,” he laughed.

“That laugh,” I add. “I remember your laugh.”

Yunho chuckles. “My laugh? I guess you’re getting better. I don’t think I’ve changed that much.”

“I was only five,” I remind him.

“Yeah, I guess so,” he sighs. “I was thirteen. But I think I turned fourteen while I was here.”

“Hey,Youna, guess what today is.”

“What?”

“My birthday!”

“Really? How old are you?!”

“I’m fifteen!”

“Wow! I’m only six!” I answered excitedly. “You’re so grown-up!”

“You’re five,” he told me.

“Oh.”

I don’t say anything. Isn’t today… February 6... His birthday? “Um, Yunho, do you think you could go run some errands for me?”

“Uh, sure.”

“And you can just hang out and walk around the town if you want. There’s a lot I need to do and truthfully, you’re kind of distracting. So just come back in like, two hours, ok?”

“Uh, sure…” Yunho looks at me skeptically. Like he thinks I just want him gone. Which is half-true. I shove him out the door with a shopping list and pull out all the ingredients for one of the few things I can make by memory: a strawberry shortcake. It takes me an hour and half including baking time. I hear him knock on the door as I place the cake on the table.

“Crap,” I mutter, thinking about my messy hair and flour-covered face. But I can’t keep him waiting. I run to the door and fling it open.

“Hey, Yunho,” I say.

“I thought that you would’ve at least taken a shower since I was gone for two hours,” he chuckles, wiping the flour off my face. I blush and my heart flutters. ‘no, no, no,’ I think. ‘He’s 24! You’re only 16! That a huge !’ I yell at myself.

“Actually, it was only and hour and half,” I inform him.

He ignores me. “Hm, what smells so good?” he asks.

“I dunno,” I answer stupidly. I follow him to the kitchen. He sees the cake on the table and his eyes widen. “Happy birthday,” I say weakly.

“How’d you know?”

“I just remembered,” I admit.

“Wow. Thanks so much,” he says gratefully. I’m so happy with Yunho’s expression. I blush and smile. “Can I eat it now?” he asks.

“Of course.”

He sits down at the table and I grab a plate for him. “Get a plate for yourself, too,” he says, noting only one in my hands. “For me. I want to eat with you.”

“O-ok,” I stutter. I grab another plate and two forks. I sit across the table from him and start to cut the cake. I can feel his eyes on me as the blade slices through the moist cake.

“That looks really good,” he says. I blush harder and concentrate on the cake. I place a large slice on his plate and a smaller slice on mine. I wasn’t really hungry with all the butterflies in my stomach. He takes a bite and his face lights up. “This is really good,” Yunho beams. “Wow. It’s amazing.”

“Thanks…” I take a bite myself and silently agree with him. It’s probably the best I’ve done so far.

“Wow, Youna. I’m really happy. Thank you so much.”

“It’s nothing,” I reply, daring to look up at him. Our eyes meet and he leans towards me. I stay frozen, unsure. His soft lips brush against mine. He leans closer and so do I. The kiss deepens but before he can take it any further, I pull back.

“You’re eight years older,” I remind him.

“Like I care,” he scoffs.

“You have to leave soon.”

“Yeah.” His face falls. “But I’ll come back. I promise, ok?”

“Ok. I’ll wait.”

“I’ll come back as much as I can and once you’re in college I’ll go wherever you go.”

“But you might still be…”

“It’s fine. I can quit.”

“But Yunho… this just started. You don’t know how you’ll feel in three years,” I protest. “And you’re the leader. They need you.”

“Come on, JJ can handle it. I’m sure. Unless you don’t feel the same way about me?”

“I do! I do!” I exclaim. “Of course I do!”

“Good. Then you’ll wait for me?”

“Forever. I swear.”

“Saranghae.”

My cheeks burn as I turn towards him. I don’t know what to say. I understood, but my Korean won’t let me respond. So I settle for “Ai eru…”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was kinda fast. "Idk who you are" [2 hours later] "I love you" haha so corny. But... love at first sight, right? RIGHT?!!!! XD