Chapter 0.7 - Mafia Teacher PT 2

CSI: of lab rats & field mice;apply open

now playing
aoa 10 seconds

✩ Notes: Hi guys, here is a new chapter. I hope you guys like this one!

Chapter 0.7 PT 2

mafia teacher


   

Jihyo looked at Seongwoo's station as he was coming in at noon today. She forgot how much he could get done and his skills in the AV lab. She was going over the audio in Jookyu's recorder as she waved to Haein coming for the day. "Hi." Jihyo said as the other girl waved back as she went into the breakroom. Jihyo turned back to her audio as she rubbing her forehead. She had isolated some sounds from the audio but there was this one metal sound that she couldn't figure out. "Haein, come here." Jihyo waved over the tox specialist as she walked in the av lab. 

"Yes?' Haein asked as she was putting on her lab coat. 

"Listen to this and tell me what you think." JIhyo played the audio file as she looked at her. 

Haein listened to it as she tilted her head to the side. "I am too sure. Maybe something falling on the ground?" She asked as she looked at her. "I think you show this to Sooyoung and YIxing then they could look aroudn the morgue." She said as Jihyo nodded. 

"Thanks." She said as Haein nodded. 

"No problem." Haein said as she walked off into the tox lab. She was going to work on stomach contents of the teaher to try to figure out what they ate and maybe get a sense of what their day was like for Kymin and the others. 

Mark entered the lab as he looked at Haein as she was working. "Uhm hi." He said as he looked at her. 

"I am not done analyzing the contents." She said as she looked at him. 

"I am not here for that. I just came to say hello." Mark said 

"Oh then hello." Haein said as he nodded. 

"Uhm Hyunwoo and the other detectives are going to get everyone lunch today. Do you have a preference?" He asked as she shook her head. "Okay then see you later." He said as he walked out just passing Bora 

"Don't feel bad, that is how she is with everyone." Bora said as she looked at him. 

"I know." He said as he walked out just going back to the police station. 

Jihyo walked to the morgue as she saw Yixing sitting at his desk. "Hey YIxing. Can I play something for you and can you see if it is something in the morgue?" She asked 

"Yeah, sure." Yixing said as he listened to the recording as he got up. "Sooyoung is finsishing up the teacher and is giving the autopsy to Kymin and Minhyun so we have to wait till they come out." He said as he thought about what that sound could be. "I'll call you if I find anything." He said as Jihyo nodded. 

•••

Sooyoung looked at Kymin and  MInhyun as they walked into the the autopsy room. "Hi guys, so frist off I sent stomach contents, prints, and DNA already to confirm id since a family member can not come until tomorrow to present a positive id." She started as she moved to the top of the body. "So I sent what this green substance on the victim to trace and this head wound right here is blunt force trauma most likely with a lamp. The killer blow of course were these three gun shot wounds that look like stab wounds as someone cut the bullets out. If you found any then they were probably misses." Sooyoung said as she looked at them. 

"Did you find anything on the body that might identify his killer?" Minhyun asked 

"No, but bruises might form a couple days after death so I'll try to keep the body till then but once a relative claims the body then I have to release it." Sooyoung said 

"Well say that Jookyu needs to examine as well as she was the one that made perminlary examn." Kymin said 

"That could work. She isn't cleared until the day after tomorrow. She has to sign off on the paper work as well." Sooyoung said 

"Thanks Sooyoung." Minhyun said as she nodded. Minhyun walked next to Kymin as they headed to the lab. Minhyun walked up stairs as he noticed Haein looked around. "You got something?" He asked as she nodded. He walked over to her as he took the report. 

"I found some a drug that would knock someone out or make them really drowsy." Haein said as she nodded to them as Kymin had walked up. 

"Thanks." Minhyun said as Haein nodded. He walked past Bora. "You got anything?" He asked 

"Nope, it is still running." Bora said as Kihyun waved a file around. 

"What do you got?" Minhyun asked as he looked at Kihyun. 

"The DNA matches the samples that Jookyu collected from our missing john doe. There was also a female contributer on one of the swabs that Jookyu collected from the john doe too." Kihyun said as he looked at them as he handed Kymin the file. "I already told Mark so they are trying to reinterview the people to see if they saw a female around the room." Kihyun said 

"Kymin, you have a new case. Minhyun can handle this one on his own. I need you with me. There was an incident at a daycare." Soojin said 

"Okay, let me restock my kit." Kymin said as she walked off. She restocked her kit as she meet up with Soojin at her car. She got in as she looked at Soojin. "Was it a child?" She asked 

"No, one of the teachers thankfully." Soojin said as she backed out of the parking lot as she pushed on the brakes as she looked at someone staggering towards her car. "You stay here." Soojin said as she took out her gun. She got out of her car as she looked at the teen in the school uniform. It was a school near by that they drive by all the time. "Stop and put your hands up." Soojin said as she saw Kymin on her phone as Sirena was getting out as Soojin nodded at her Soojin watched as Sirena walked around him just using a zip tie to tie his wrists together as she set him down on the curb as she called an ambulance. 

"I can stay with him. You go on ahead." Kymin walked up with her kit. 

"Alright. Be careful. Once he goes to the hospital then head to the school." Soojin said as she drove off. 

Kymin sighed as she started to process the teen just looking at Sirena. "I am going to take these into the lab. I'll be right back." She said as he walked into the lab just giving the items to the correct people. "Put a rush on them, we need to find out who hurt this kid." Kymin said as she walked back outside. 

"If you need to trace his steps then I'll ride with him." Sirena said as she looked at Kymin. 

"Thanks." Kymin said as she had her camera around her neck and slug her kit across herself like a messenger bag s she started following the blood drops just taking pictures of them, measuring them, and taking samples of them. She made it all the way to the school back gate as she took pictures of it just finding a few bloody prints. She took pictures and dusted for more just getting a few tape lifts as she looked around. The gate was locked as she need a id card to get in. She walked around to the front of her schol as she entered the office. She walked up to the desk as she held up her id. "This student came staggering in front of the crime lab building and I traced his steps back to the back gate. I need to go back and process it." Kymin said as she looked at the sectertary. 

"Of course, follow me." The lady said as she mototioned Kymin to follow her. 

"Also I really need to know the idenity of the student." Kymin said as the lady nodded. 

"I will look through our files." The lady said as Kymin stepped into the area of the back gate as she started to process it. She sighed as she knew this wasn't the main crime scene as she sighed. 

"Hey need some help?" Yoobin looked at her as Kymin smied. 

"Yoobin! Done teaching?" Kymin asked as the other girl shrugged. Kymin let her in a she filled her in. 

"Alright lets head into the school then." Yoobin said as she looked at Kymin. "Do you think we need to spray luminol?" She asked 

"We would have to move everyone to the gym. Everyone is a suspect." Kymin said 

"That can be done." Sirena said. "Your victim had a freak out and had to be sedated." She said as she walked into the school. "I'll get the principal to put everyone in the gym." Sirena said 

"We will go back to the lab and drop this stuff off then be back." Kymin said as she walked off with Yoobin. They returned about twenty minutes later as Kymin closed the door as most of the lights had been turned off and blinds have been drawn. "Lets do this." Kymin said as she started spraying as she could see the bright smears of blood. "Someone tried to clean up but didn't do a very good job." Kymin said as she sprayed as Yoobin was taking pictures. 

•••

Soojin pulled into the daycare's parking lot as she could see Hyunwoo taking to a group of parents as Sooyoung was pushing out a gurney with Yixing helping her. She got out of her car just carring her kit as she walked to Sooyoung as she looked at her. "Do you want to tell me about our victim here or at the morgue?" She asked 

"The simple run down is female, late twenties early thirties, and I will have to do the autopsy to tell you how she died. Though she did have a cut on her left temple that was clean up." She said as Sooyoung nodded. 

Soojin kept walking as she following the tape to a classroom. She walked in as she saw the bright colors as she noticed Mark speaking to a group of teachers down the hall. She set her kit down as she looked around. She started to take pictures as she snapped a picture of the whole crime scene as she started at the teachers desk just getting pictures of how everything was set up in the room and then sighed as she looked at Mark who walked in the room. 

"Our victim is Aiko Harumi. She is here on a teaching visa. She teaches Japanese in local daycares and preschool programs." Mark said as he looked at her "The teachers that I have spoke with said none of them saw her since they took the kids out for morning play time then one of them came looking for her and found her. I also got contact information so I have to find someone who speaks Japanese at the station, so if you excuse me." Mark said to her 

"Yeah, of course. Did they tell you who has access to her room?" Soojin aksed 

"Anyone in the building. They keep the classroom doors unlocked during the day. I'll get a check in sheet and run down names." Mark said as he left. 

Soojin returned to the room as she was trying to find what made Harumi's head injury. She got out her flashlight as she flashed it over a dark cabinet as she got out some swabs and tested to see if there was blood. She took a couple pictures of the cabinet as she started to dust it for fingersprints. She turned around to the desk as she started to look through the papers on her desk. She bagged up her laptop and other electronic devices as Jihyo or Seongwoo can get some information out of them. Soojin stopped at a stack of papers with a windsheld wiper motion like she was waving at someone at there was a large wooden cabinet. Soojin walked over to the cabinet as she opened the doors as there was a young girl hugging a stuffed bear in the closet. "It is okay. Don't be scared, I am the police. I am your friend. See, here you look." Soojin handed the girl her id badge as she picked her up just putting her id back on. She back up to the front as she caught Mark before he left. "I found her in the wooden closet. She needs to be checked out at the hospital and processed. I don't think she speaks Korean either. I had to speak to her in English to get her to come to me." Soojin said 

"Alright, i hold off on calling child services but we are booked Soojin. You'll have to call someone from the lab." Mark said 

"I guess call JIhyo and tell her to meet you at the hospital." Soojin said 

"Okay." Mark said as he started to take the girl. "It is okay, sweetheart. I am an police officer too. We are going to take a ride in my car." Mark said as he carried her out. 

"Mark, turn around and say cheese." Soojin took a picture of them as he turned back around and left with her. Soojin sighed as she walked up to the group of teachers. "Does this child go to school here?" Soojin asked 

"That is Harumi's neice. Her sister got her the job here." One teacher nodded 

"I am going to need that contact information." Soojin said as the teacher nodded. Soojin took the information as she walked back to the room. 

•••

Jihyo walked through the childerns ward as Mark was standing outside of a curtain just holding a little hand. She waved as she walked up. "Why am I here?" She asked as a nurse came around the curtain. 

"She is fine. Just a couple scrapes. I got her some clothes form the lost and found." The nurse said as she pulled the curtain back. 

"Jihyo, I really need you to watch her. She's really sweet and her name is Hwakyung. Soojn said to call you." Mark said as he looked at his phone. "I will try and contact her parents but I have to go to teh station and notify next of kin which is her parents." Mark said 

"Why can't you take her with you?" Jihyo asked 

"Because JIhyo, the hospital won't let her leave unless child services is called and I told Soojin that I wouldn't unless I really had to. Please just stay wit her. Maybe you can get to talk and tell us if she saw what happened to her aunt Harumi." Mark said as he turned to Hwakyung. "Okay, sweetheart. I have to go call your parents but my really good friend, Jihyo-unnie is going to stay with you." Mark said as he looked at Jihyo. "She speaks Korean and English so you should be okay." He said as he waved to her as left Jihyo with her. 

Jihyo watched as Mark left but an officer stayed behind just standing off to the side not to scare Hwakyung as Jihyo sat down on the edge of the bed. "Hi. I am Jihyo. It is nice to meet you." Jihyo said as she shook her hand. "I know this must be scary but you're going to be okay. You were so brave and I know you aunt is so happy that you're okay, but i bet she would even more happy and so proud if you could help me understand what happened?" Jihyo asked Jihyo reclipped Hwakyung's bangs out of her eyes. "It is okay. You can tell me when you're ready. I be right here with you." Jihyo sat next to as she patted her back alittle. 

「MINTLEAF DESIGNS」