Chapter 2

The and I

Chapter two


Walking through my apartment doors gave me an uneasy feeling. Regardless I continued, wasting no time in unpacking my things and exploring the place. 

In that time span I heard learnt that there were only five apartments on my floor which was rare seeing as the the other floors had dozens. There were two bedrooms in my apartment, a living room five times the size of the bedrooms put together and a spacious kitchen. Did my parents think I was gonna raise a family here? I was brought back to reality when I heard distinct noises. I walked over to my speaker and shut off the music to hear the distinct noises better. 

I was surprised at how loud the noises actually were when my music was turned off. My face went pale as soon as my head filled possibilities to what the noises may be.

Did I my neighbors engage in y time activities often?
Do I have neighbors with kids? 
Are my neighbors even human?

The thought of living a quiet life in Seoul jumped out the window as the horrible noise continued. 

Three hours had passed and when signs of the noises stopping weren't occurring like I'd expected, I sighed in annoyance. I briefly checked the time to see that it was almost one in the morning and I still hadn't been able to get an ounce of sleep. 

I got out of bed and slipped on my slippers, making sure to walk past a mirror to ensure I looked presentable to go out. Well at least to find out the source of the sounds. 

The closer I got to my front door the louder the sounds got. It sounded like singing, well horrible singing at that. But it could be anything. 

I whipped open my front door, making the search so much easier. The source of obviously evident and I was right when I said that it sounded like singing. 

I walked further down the hallway and stopped at the source of all my problems. 

Room 308 

I don't know how it was possible but the singing got relatively louder and clearer. I pulled out my phone and entered the recording app, and stood quietly next to the door allowing the app to do its work. As soon as I recorded a decent amount of the off-key singing and screaming, I pounded on the door with no intention on stopping until the door opened. And to my surprise the singing didn't stop even when the culprit had opened the door. 

A tall male figure stood at the door frame holding a spoon next to his mouth as he whispers the last of his verse before taking note of what was happening. A moment of silence passed which I was thankful for, only God knew how foreign the silence was to my ears after hearing him sing his off for hours. 

"Uh.. Hello?" He trails, sticking his head out a bit and checking his surroundings. I took a step back, this guy seemed really clueless and it was already pissing me off. 

"I just moved in and there's been a lot of noise coming from your apartment so, do you think you could please keep it down?" I maintained eye contact hoping he'd be considerate of the others living in the building. He nodded while I spoke, popping the spoon in his mouth. I didn't fail to catch onto the faint smirk that tugged at his lips. 

"Thank you.." I trail, hoping he'd finish off my sentence. "Kris. Kris Wu." He smirked in response. "CL." I reply. A awkward wave of silence passed through us, I silently bid goodbye before turning on my heels. I felt his presence lingering at his doorframe as I neared my own door. I avoided turning around and calling him out for his creep like behavior. 

Turning the knob I walked into my apartment, turning to close my door, I wasn't even surprised to see him standing there at his door, smirking. He immediately got off his doorframe, grabbing his spoon from his mouth and holding it like a mic. My eyes widened in horror knowing what was to happen next. 

"A diva is a female version of a hustler!~" He sang loudly from the other side of the hallway before slamming his door shut.