Chapter 3

Reunion

Taechan POV

One of my main supports after my divorce is my best friend, Heo Sojin. We knew each other since elementary school and since then, we were going to same school, same class. Sometimes, i joked on how sick i am of her since we meet almost every day for 15 years, but really, she’s one of my main support system in life. I called Sojin as Jin, just like when she called me Tae from Taechan. I think i’m the only one who calls her like that. Sojin hasn’t married yet and sometimes, i told her to marry one of those two guys who are in our group, which is Pyo Jihoon or Jung Hyuntae. Sojin works as a nurse for Yang Geun Hospital. Yes, i know, that’s a big hospital. The hospital wasn’t that far from the cafe, which is good, because almost every day, she hangs out in the cafe. Besides my mother, i always tell her everything (she does, too), this time including Mino’s one-sided decision to move back to the apartment. “Yah, i knew it! You two need to go back together! You know how Jihoon, Hyuntae, and my feelings are. We support you guys!” At that time, everyone seems regretting my (it’s ours actually, not just mine) decision to divorce. Several plans that Jihoon, Hyuntae, and Sojin tried to bring us back together, but failed. At one point, they just stopped. But now, it seems that they’re ready to make other plans. “Nonsense, Jin. I won’t get back with Mino. Soon, i will tell Seunghoon and Seungyoon about the truth.”
Well, my divorce upsets everyone, including my friends. Since then, we never hang out together like we used to be, because of me and Mino. I feel guilty sometimes, but, my marriage ended up badly and in those immature times, i couldn’t bring myself to face Mino. The feelings, either i hate him or i miss him, i don’t really know and don’t really wanna know. “Taechan, you gotta date somebody. As a long time friend of you, i want you to be happy and not feeling lonely.” I chuckled at her. “Yah, Jin, you need to date too. I’m okay, i have my twins, my mom. I have you as a friend, i’m not lonely.”
That’s actually a big lie. After divorce, i found myself, miss to be embraced. I was lonely, especially at night. It changed dramatically, from when you used to sleep together with somebody, with embraces and hugs, and pecks, and then, in sudden, you sleep alone at night. It’s not like i miss Mino or am i? I want to date somebody, but it’s hard, consider that i am very picky since a big failure. “Should i set you up with somebody?” Sojin’s words attracted my ear, and i turned my eyes at her. “If this is your other plan with Jihoon and Hyuntae to bring me back with Mino, i swear i won’t let you hang out in here for 2 weeks.” I glared at her. Really, i’m tired of my friends’ plans. “No, no, okay? I actually found someone, well, he’s not that handsome, but he’s charming! A nice guy, smiles a lot, and-“. Soon, Sojin’s eyes went to her phone. “Ah! I asked him to join us today, but he said he can’t make it because of a patient. I guess i should go back to the hospital now. Bye, Tae!”
I don’t know but i need to hear more from Sojin about this guy.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I threw myself to the sofa after a tiring day at the cafe. Mom went to Mrs. Kim’s house since noon and i need to work harder with just 2 part-time workers. Mino was already at home, with the twins. Apparently, he took both of them to Jihoon’s studio today. I told him to look out for them, but i could trust him somehow. “A tiring day?” He came to the sofa. I only glared at him. I really didn’t want to be bothered by questions. “Do you need me to massage you?” Massage? That only brings back memories. Yes, back then during our new months of marriage, we used to massage each other every time one of us gets tired after a tiring day. Massage is our way to help each other in such a small action. Massage moments are also times when i vent out my anger or my upset towards the day, or sometimes Mino did it. Now, i usually use pain relief patch and go straight to sleep. “No, that’s okay.”
But, soon, i felt his hands on my shoulder and massaged them. Gosh, it feels really good. “Have you produced any songs lately?” The question popped out from my mouth and somehow i keep thinking if my question didn’t bother him or somewhat. “I’m producing something, still on process. Tae, when is the father’s day event?” Wait, have i told him or not? “On March 19th, why?” In sudden, he stopped massaging. Something’s wrong. Something’s definitely wrong.
I turned around at him. His face, i could see that he’s panic. He couldn’t lie to me, he knew that. “I-I can’t make it on that day.”WHAT?!

********************************************************************

 

Mino POV
“Mino! How’s life?” Hyuntae immediately hugged me when i got into the studio. “Hi, Uncle Jihoon! Hi, Uncle Hyuntae!” My twins greeted my best friends, also my co-workers in producing music. When i got to meet my twins outside the apartment, i usually took them to the studio, so they met Hyuntae and Jihoon quite often. It seems weird and guilty that i have to keep the divorce as secret, pretending that we’re still in good terms but meet each other outside the twins. Once, Hoon asked me why Taechan never joined them when they meet me. “Well, Mom and I meet each other when you guys are not around, so we can enjoy some time together. I’m promise someday we can meet together as an entire family. But, your mom is busy, and so do i.” At that time, they were very young, and they just nodded when i explained to them. They also asked the reason why i don’t live with them. “Well, i’m busy with my works, and i can’t go home.” I feel bad for lying to my twins, but we’re not ready to tell the truth.
While the twins were playing on the recording room, the three of us sat on the control room, with a new topic of discussion. “I heard that Mnet is going to hold a new season of Show Me the Money. We should join!” Hyuntae suggested the idea. Well, auditions aren’t bad, either. Show Me The Money is a show, produced by Mnet, to search for Korea’s talented rappers. It is like a cheat key for rappers. Soon as you get out from there, your popularity just rise up to the top, and work in hiphop scene is easier than before. “But, i got something on that day, i can’t make it. You two should join!” Jihoon stared at me. He’s probably not sure if Taechan will let me join those kinds of shows. Show Me The Money is also known for the evil-editing, which means things could be seen differently as in television. “Jihoon, i’ll be okay. Taechan will let me join the show, don’t worry!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“WHAT?!”
Gosh, i feel so stupid. I should have asked her first. “Tae, i need to go to audition for Show Me The Money. You know, it will boost my career. Hyuntae already signed us up.” Her expression changed. She’s angry. I’m in big trouble. I’m dead. “But, you know, the reason why i asked you here is because of the father’s day event! It’s what the kids want!” They have a father. I’m their father. I am Seunghoon and Seungyoon’s father. But, Show Me the Money is also important for my career. “I don’t really wanna know, Song Minho. You gotta make it on the father’s day event, or else, you’re out, from this apartment.” , what should i do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys!! Sorry for the long break:(( i was busy with school because i am in the 3rd grade which is the final grade in high school~ excited, but tiring as hell too~~ well i finally got a short holiday ㅋㅋㅋㅋ ANYWAY, ENJOY!!