The normal day

Not just neighbors

 

Sa In yawned while walking to her next class. She was working late at a McDonald because someone had gotten sick and of course she offered herself as a substitute. Her eyes watered and she panicked afraid her mascara was running so she ran to the bathroom. Sa In quickly took some paper and dryed her eyes. She couldn't afford to lose any of the expensive stuff she had on her face. "One of these mascara bottles cost you 30,000 won so don't you dare cry any of it off!" she tought to herself as she took in her appearance from the mirror. She saw a made beautiful by the makeup face and a made curvelicious by the clothes girl. Sa In was a strong-willed woman and fought for something she wanted with everything she had. But sometime she's a bit too much for people and that's why she wasn't really liked. She also didn't have any good friends, acquintances yes, but no good friends. But she likes to think that it's because she doesn't really try to have any friend and mostly focuses on her studies.

Sa In snapped from her emo thought's as the bell rang. "! The next class is on the other side of the campus!" She tought as she got out of the bathroom and started running in her high heels and pencil skirt which wasn't really comfortable but what could she do? She knocked on the classroom door and straightened out her dress and hair. The teacher opened the door with a poker face. "You're late Ms.Kong" The teacher said with a flat voice still having the poker face. "Ah! Yes i am. I'm sorry i really had to go to the bathroom." Sa In said smiling knowing the teacher wouldn't be able to punish her. "Come in." The teacher said.

 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

 

Sa In was skipping happily from school to the bus stop to get to her part time job. She was happy because she didn't have school tomorrow, only work. She worked at the McDonald's on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and today was Friday. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays she worked at a cafe near her home. She got to the bus stop and started to play a game on her phone to kill time.

Sa In was making a high score when the bus came. "Ugh! Why did you have to come now?" she muttered since there wasn't anyone but her at the bus stop. She was the type to talk when she was alone but not when there were other people around. She tried to find her bus card from her bag with her other hand while playing the game with her other. She finally found it and showed it to the card reader. She heard a peep and started to walk to the back of the bus to her usual seat while still concetrating on the phone.

She walked to the back and sitted on her seat. "Umm... sorry but this place is taken." came a quiet voice from under her. Sa In quickly got up and stared wide eyed at the man she just had sitted on for a second until she remembered the game she had going on. "I'm sorry." She said while looking at her phone.  "No it's okay. " Sa In didn't answer and went to a seat on the front part of the bus still concetrating on the game. The man was just left hangin and he awkwardly took out his phone. She finally died in the game so she put on her headphones. She made a mental note not to play games while getting on the bus because it doesn't seem to bring good things.

The bus arrived at the stop near the McDonald's Sa In had work today at so she pressed the bell and got off the bus. She went inside and greeted the workers at the desk. She went inside the locker room that didn't have anyone at the moment. "I really do not like this uniform." Sa In grumbled to herself as she put the damned thing on. It was a yellow t-shirt that had red stripes goin down the sides and had a bright red text at the front saying "McDonald's. With that t-shirt were black pants that were suprisingly comfortable.

"You can go now." She said to Han Young that has the shift at the encounter before her. "Thanks." She said looking pretty exhausted. "Do you sleep well? You seem pretty tired." Sa In said after her. "You always say that even though you know that i can't really do anything about it." She whined at her. She was studying to be a combuter programmer and was pretty much in a similiar situation Sa In was in. Just working and spending the money on school. "I know your boyfriend is lovely but try to sleep even a little." Sa In said because the only difference between the two is that she has a boyfriend and Sa In doesn't and that only made a huge difference in their enegry levels. She blushed deep red and yelled "S-stupid!" before slamming the door of the locker room shut. Sa In chuckled a little and took the first customers order.

 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

 

Sa In smiled as the person on the next shift came to let her off work. She went to the locker room to change. when she was just taking off her shirt a man opened the door to the locker room. "Hi! Sorry you're changing." He said as he made sure no one saw from the opening of the door and came inside closing the door. "No it's okay." Normally Sa In would be smacking the man who came inside the mens locker room but Ren was an exception. All of the workers knew that Ren was for sure interested in men and pretty like a girl. And since he felt pretty uncomfortable changing in the mens locker room the women desided to let him change in the womens locker room.

Ren was really feminine and the women workers including Sa In would sometimes forget he was a man and even whine about their period cramps to him in and he would always try to help as if he was a real woman. "I'm getting off work. Bye bye." Sa In said after changing. "Bye bye." He answered. Sa In said bye bye to the workers at the desk and got out off the McDonald to the cold. It was the end of autumn and winter was coming making the weather colder. She went to the bus stop near the McDonald's and was able to only sit on the bench when the bus came. She stood up from the bench and got inside the bus and peeped her card shivering a little since she wasn't excepting it to be that cold and only put on her light autumn jacket. She went to her seat at the back of the bus that wasn't taken this time and put on her headphones listening to music.

 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

 

Sa In opened the door to her apartment at 8 and was greeted with her cute Welsh Corgi named Duke  that was wagging its tail and making these adorable whiney noises. "Hello darling! How have you been?" She started talking to him in a baby voice which made the dog even happier. "Are you hungry? C'mere i'll give you some food." Sa In gave him some food and looked as it ate happily wagging its tail.  He was one of the thing that took some of her money. Of course she bought the cheapest food for him but it still was money.

 She had taken Duke when she was still in high school and didn't have that bad money problems. But when things got hard after high school she couldn't give him away because he was just too precious to her. "You wanna go for a walk?" Sa In asked him when he finished eating and when he recognized the word walk he ran to the door looking extremely happy. She smiled and took his leash from the hanger and attached it to his collar. "OK! Let's go!" Sa In said while opening the door.

Walking Duke was always Sa Nis way of relaxing. It helped her sleep when she went on a long walk with him. And she also walked long walks with him during the evening because she was sorry that she couldn't take him on long walks during the morning or when she came from school on lunch break to let him pee. She always just kind of zoned out while walking and she sometimes would just all of a sudden realize that they had walked for a really long time and they would need to hurry home.

And that was what happened this time. Sa Ni snapped from her zombie-like state and looked at the clock. it was almost 10 o'clock and she had no idea where she was. but since this has happened before she knew what to do. She called the taxi driver she always called and told her the first street name she saw.

Sa In waited for the taxi about 15 minutes and when it came Sa Ni got on with Duke."Hi Jin Young-" Sa Ni started but was interrupted. "Were you walking around again?" Asked the middle-aged woman driving the taxi and when she got a nod she continued: "You shouldn't wander around so much. It could be dangerous. even if you have Duke he isn't big and scary." Sa In had already heard this talk about five times so she just kind of listened with her other ear. "I guess i don't have the time to study this evening." She tought to herself. "Are you even listening to me?" Asked Jin Young. "Sorry?" Sa Ni asked with a baffled expression. Jin Young sighed. "I SAID that you should get a boyfriend to walk with you!" Jin Young repeated. Sa Ni chuckled. "You know i don't have the time for it. All my time goes at school and my part-time jobs." "Well you could at least get friend a neighbour or something. It's always more safe with more people." "Okay okay. I'll try." Sa In said even though she didn't really see the need.

They arrived at her small apartment building. "I always get amazed about how you can live in a single room in such an old building." Jin Young thought. "I've gotten kind of used to it so..." Sa In anwered. "How much is it?" She continued. "I'll give this one for free." Jin Young said. "Really? Thank you!" Sa In answered delighted. "Just for you darling." Jin Young said and gave a flying kiss through the mirror. Sa In made a gringing face playfully and got off the taxi with Duke. "Thank you again and bye bye!" She said. "Bye bye!" Jin Young said with a gentle smile on her face. She was kind of a subtitute for her parents that live in the countryside. They warned her that high school was going to be easy but it'll get harder after that and they can't support her financially since they have barely enough money to feed themselves but she still insisted on coming to Seoul and now she suffers from that decision. But she wasn't going to stop midway. No she was going to graduate and make a living for herself and even give money to her parents.

 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

 

Sa Ni opened her apartments door the second time today and walked inside shutting the door behind her. She took off Dukes collar because its more comfortable to sleep without it. She went to her fridge and opened it. "What should i eat?" She said while taking water from the fridge. It didn't really contain anything else than that and some kimchi she makes herself because it's cheaper than buying it. "I guess i could eat some kimchi with rice." She said. Sa In put some rice and water in a pot and the put it on the stove. Yes she didn't have a rice cooker since it's so expensive. She didn't want to start studying since it takes only about 10 minutes for the rice to cook so she decided to go take a shower since she didn't take one yesterday, again to save money.

Sa In got out of her shower and went to check on the rice. It wasn't exactly cooked yet so she went to put on her pyjamas and put on moisturiser and all that stuff you need to look pretty. The next time she went to check the rice, it was ready so she put it in a bowl and took some kimchi from the fridge on top and went to eat on her tiny taple. While she was eating she was checking her phone, which was actually a smartphone. Even if it wasn't one of those 300,000 won ones put one about 100,000 won it still was a big blow on her wallet. But she thought she wouldn't need a TV if she got a smartphone that you could use to read news and check the weather. She finished eating and washed the dishes since she will need to use the same ones tomorrow morning. She looked at Duke that was already sleeping on her bed and smiled. She tried to crawl next to him without waking him up but he still did and made the cutest noise as if asking "What is it?" "Go to sleep honey i'll go too." Sa In said sleepy. "oh yeah. That new neighbour is supposed to move in tomorrow. I should go and say hi to him." Was the last thing she thought about.

 

A/N: When i talk about Jin Young i mean Hong Jin Young the trot singer. Because her personality really fits i decided to use her. Also Ren is Ren from Nu'est which i'm pretty sure a lot of you know. I decided to use him as the gay person because he acts really feminine and is really pretty so he fits the role well. xD