Chapter 2

My moon My cage

Jonghyun squinted and groaned a little at the sound of his alarm going off and the sun that filtered through the gaps of the curtains hitting his eyes. The young man sighed and sat up shutting down the alarm and ruffling his hair. His mind was clouded by sleep, but he didn’t take long in remembering where he was and what was he supposed to be doing. An excited grin made it’s way to the man’s face as he hurriedly got up and rushed to the bathroom to take a shower.

“Man this is great, I wonder what will happen today!” Jonghyun muttered setting the water to the right temperature and stripping down. The reason for Jonghyun’s excitement was that after being trapped doing articles about how fast do tulips grow, the best season to plant cherry blossoms or how high does a pine tree grows, he finally got a job of doing a research and article about something more exciting than plants.

He wondered what places they would get to see, the people they would meet. He started wondering about the strange man they had to follow. He remembered his face, and the feeling he got when he saw that profile. Last night he tried a small research on who this Kim Kibum was, and after an hour of scavenging through the endless rows of that name he came up empty handed. Who was that man? No wonder they were sent on doing this job. But how would it be when they found him?

Jonghyun wasn’t aware that he was starting to daydream about how their day would go until Onew knocked on the bathroom door. Blinking startled, the young man finished his shower and walked out of the bathroom half dressed.

“Hurry man! We have a big day ahead of us!!” Jonghyun told his companion while pushing him inside the bathroom.

“Yeah whatever” Onew yawned waving a hand at his friend while closing the bathroom door behind him.

Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head. He walked to his suitcase and pulled out his favorite shirt and finished dressing up, starting to check the maps of the area te get an idea of his job.

“I still don’t get what convinced you to take Heechul’s dirty work Jong” Onew grumbled walking to his bag once he was out of the bathroom with his towel draped over his head.

“Because it sounded interesting and I was desperately looking for something interesting to do” Jonghyun shrugged making sure he had packed everything and didn’t forget something. Onew huffed taking his bags and checking the roll of his camera and checking his recorder camera.

“You’re a hopeless companion you know that” Onew told Jonghyun nodding and stuffing the cameras back in their bags and taking his things.

“Shut you trap man, you love me, if you didn’t you wouldn’t be my companion by now” Jonghyun said chuckling, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and walking out of the room. The man chuckled when his older friend walked out grumbling a thanks when he held the door for him.

The pair headed down to the lobby and out of that hotel once they did the check out.

“So… now what?” Onew asked holding his gym bag to his right, his camera bags to his left and his backpack on his back. Jonghyun blinked before laughing sheepishly.

“About that… I was counting on you knowing our way around…” Jonghyun grinned, shrinking back and rubbing his arm when Onew punched his arm.

“You little rascal!!! You brought us to a place where we know nothing about and you just grin about it!” Onew huffed hitting Jonghyun again, this time in the back of his head.

With that they walked off. They tried to get someone to take them around two over and over again, but no one was willing to do the job. Apparently every time they asked to be taken to a place called Neukdae village or Kim mansion, no one wanted to take them there. The most frequent reactions they got were these clueless faces that had no idea of what they were talking about.

“Can you believe this? We have been two hours wondering around and no one in Daegu knows about this stinking town you’re looking for!”  Onew huffed pulling out his cap from the backpack and putting it on with a sigh.

“I know, isn’t this exciting! I mean! We are looking for a mysterious person that lives in a mysterious town that no one seems to know!” Jonghyun said excitedly as he took a few notes on his notebook. With a grin the shorter man walked down the road and stopped another person for directions, only getting the same result as before.

“Give up Jonghyun, this is pointless, come on, let’s go back home ok, and then we can apologize to Joonmyun hyung and it will be as if nothing ever happened, maybe he will even allow us to go that other trip!” Onew tried to reason, trying to also keep his hopes up in their fruitless journey.

“Hey! I heard you were heading for Neukdae village?” a deep voice suddenly asked from behind them. The pair turned around, Onew with a frown and Jonghyun with a curious look.

“Yeah… how did you know?” Onew asked warily, scanning the man before them from head to toes. He was tall, dark black hair topping his head. He had a wide friendly smiles and large wide eyes that Onew was sure would have creeped him out if they weren’t so god damned friendly.

“I just heard you two mentioning it to that old guy and it caught my attention, the name’s Minho” The tall man or Minho said, extending his hand towards them for a hand shake. Onew looked at Minho’s hand with squinted eyes.

“Come on Onew, don’t be like that. It is a pleasure to meet you Minho, my name is Jonghyun and this is Jinki, but you can call him Onew, and so? Can you take us to Neukdae village?” Jonghyun asked taking Minho’s hand and giving it a shake. Onew rolled his eyes and nodded, shaking Minho’s hand as well.

“With my eyes closed” Minho said with a positive grin.

“What’s the catch?” Jinki asked leaning back against a wall and resting his hand on top of one of his camera bags. Minho chuckled and nodded.

“I can be your guide for anything you need, but gas and meals are on you” Minho said with his arms crossed and a cheeky grin. Onew looked almost offended and gaped a few times, taking a deep breath ready to argue on it.

“We’ll take it” Jonghyun said with a grin, shaking Minho’s hand once again to seal the deal.

“Perfect! Follow me, my car is this way!” Minho said waving at them heading towards his car.

“Jonghyun! Are you insane?!” Onew exclaimed flailing his arms in the air.

“Come on Onew, this will be fun!” Jonghyun said nudging Onew before taking his things and rushing to catch up with Minho. Onew sighed and threw his hands up in surrender and followed the pain.

He knew this would be a long journey since the start.

----

Hey! I hope you’re liking it so far!

And Minho made his appearance! Also, I don’t know if a village like that really exists, I am pretty sure I made it up XD

Anyways, thank you for the lovely comments! Please keep commenting!

Upvote and subscribe as well if you like this story!

I’ll keep working hard!

Until the next chapter

Peace out! <3