Chapter 1

My moon My cage

 

 

The smell of ink and dust filled the air as usual. The sound of a typing machine accompanied by the occasional slurping of lips against a mug of piping hot coffee. This were sound in Jonghyun’s everyday life. The monotony of everything, it crawled under the young man’s skin.

“I can’t take this anymore” Jonghyun huffed and got up.

“Where are you going Jong?” Onew, Jonghyun’s team mate and best friend asked from his desk when he saw the man stand up.

“To get us a better job than this, I’m tired of the back pages, and the worthless news, I want something different.” Jonghyun told the other man before exiting through the double doors that led through more offices and cubicles. He stopped before a large wooden door with the name Kim Joonmyun engraved on the door.

“Ok here goes nothing” Jonghyun said under his breath before knocking twice on the door. He waited for a few seconds until the smooth voice of his boss told him to come in. Jonghyun grinned a little while he pushed the door open and stepped into the spacious office.

“No…. no no I understand sir…. Right away sir… I get it…. Ok I’ll call you later.” Joonmyun said with a huff before looking up, a tired sigh leaving him as he brought his hand up to massage his temple.

“Good morning sir, pardon my sudden visit to your office but I wanted to ask if…” Jonghyun started getting cut off by Joonmyun.

“Jonghyun, we already went through this…. Fifty-three times…. I really don’t want to go through this again” Joonmyun huffed before walking behind his desk and sitting on the large chair.

“Come on, we can put a stop to this now, just give me what I ask for, give me a good story to follow” Jonghyun pleaded looking at Joonmyun.

Joonmyun huffed and threw his hands up in the air in defeat.

“You want something different? Fine! Fine, what else can I do, take one of those files over there and do some tourist new or something, or anything at this rate, I don’t care”  Joonmyun huffed pointing at a stack of papers on the corner of the desk. Jonghyun grinned and took the files.

“Thank you so much sir! You’ll see! I won’t disappoint you” Jonghyun chimed bowing a full ninety degrees to Joonmyun.

“Whatever Jonghyun, just please, don’t hurt yourself” Joonmyun said heaving a sigh as he got up and answered an incoming call, marking the end of their conversation. Jonghyun cheered quietly before stepping out of the office. The young man hummed happily and threw himself on his chair, spinning a few times before stopping himself. He placed the stack of papers on his desk and started checking through them.

“So? Did you finally acquire something good for me to photograph or film?” Onew asked resting his arms on top of Jonghyun’s cubicle while stirring his coffee a little. To this Jonghyun hummed while scoping through the files.

“Well, it’s not exactly the news of the year, but I am sure that any of these are better than the articles about plants that we always have to cover,” Jonghyun said picking a few files.

“Well that’s true, what do we have?” Onew asked moving up to the empty chair next to Jonghyun.

“We got to do a touristic report, so which do you prefer? Hawaii, Bahamas, Africa or Japan?”Jonghyun asked looking at Onew. The older man already liked this new job and started thinking of which one to pick, when someone called them over from across the hallway. Jonghyun looked up towards the person that called them, spotting their fellow journalist Heechul.

“What?” Jonghyun asked glancing at him before looking back down at the files in hand.

“I heard you guy were looking for something different, something exciting. I could provide you guys what you want” Heechul told the pair grinning and walking closer.

“No thanks, we already got something” Onew waved him off taking the paper of Hawaii on his hands and giving it a closer look. Jonghyun on the other hand seemed interested, his curiosity sparked. Heechul noticed that and proceeded.

“It’s a simple job, really simple, but it spooks me so I don’t take it, a man asked me if I could go to Daegu, pin down a man and do a small research on him, and his family, and then be back, nothing major, he said that everything was paid but, I’m not really interested in those kind of jobs.” Heechul said looking at them. Onew was about to dismiss the idea when he saw Jonghyun’s contemplative face.

“Don’t tell me you’re actually considering it? Jonghyun, we have a shot of vacations here man, would you really let that go for this?” Onew questioned his friend looking at his friends face and meeting his gaze.

-

“You son of a gun, you really threw away our golden opportunity man!” Onew huffed stuffing his small backpack between his legs and getting comfortable on his plane seat.

“Come on Jinki, where’s your sense of adventure?” Jonghyun said grinning and taking a seat next to his friend.

“Don’t you ‘Come on Jinki’ me! I have a great sense of adventure, especially when we could have spent it getting a nice sun tan, drinking coconut water enjoying the sand and water from Hawaii, not getting frozen to death in Daegu investigating a man, for the love of god Jonghyun, we are journalists not profile builders! We are not trackers, nor hunters, we are ing journalists, and lousy ones at that since we only get to do are articles about plants” Onew huffed and kept nagging nonstop.

“This will turn out to be an adventure, you will see” Jonghyun said smiling before plugging his earphones on and starting to listen to music during the travel.

-

Once they arrived to their destination and settled in the hotel they would stay for the night, Jonghyun decided to take one last look at the details of their job.

“I’ll take a bath first” Onew informed with a tired sigh while he made his way to the bathroom with a bathrobe and a clean change of underwear. Jonghyun hummed opening the file, not able to hide his excited grin.

“Let’s see what do we have here, our contractor is a mysterious man… The man we need to track is the head of the Kim family, someone by the name Kim… Kibum” Jonghyun said muttering the last part when he came upon the picture of the man he was supposed to look for. Those feline eyes, sharp jawline… that mysterious essence that eradiated from the man. Jonghyun couldn’t believe it, such powerful essence came from a single picture, how would it be when he came up to see the real man, how would it feel. Jonghyun was excited, he was dying to get to work.

He never had come up to a work like this one, and in all honesty, he was yearning for the morning to come to be able to have a look around town and see if they could find their mysterious man.

 

---
Hey ho!!!

I hope you all like this story, I’ll be working hard on it, I’ll give it my best.

Also I still don’t decide if the side shipping should be Ontae or 2min so I guess I’ll let you guys decide that. Leave a comment with which shipping do you prefer.

So if you liked the beginning subscribe, comment and upvote, if you have any special thoughts feel free to PM me or comment it.

I’ll work hard and bring a new (and if I can longer) chapter as soon as I can!

Peace out<3