True FINALE~

Next Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I smiled. The smile of relief and happiness. My marriage didn't go well. Yes, I can say that my husband loves me but he is a jealous person. And when he is jealous he tend to hurt me or my daughter Mina.

I filed our divorce paper and now that everything is done I moved to an apartment. The apartment that Somi and I lived before. It's been 11 years and everything came back as I remembers my memories with her. With Somi.

I felt a tug on my sleeves and I saw my daughter looking at me. "Yes darling? I asked smiling at her. "Are we going to live here?" She asked. Her brows meeting at thr center and I nod at her. She's now 10 and she's the only thing that I am thankful with my marriage. Her face broke into smile at the thought of her away from her abusive father. "Are you hungry?" Nodding her head shr pouted her lips. It also reminded me of Somi. On how she pouted her lips whenever she's hungry. I know it's wrong to think of Somi to my daughter.

I asked her to wear her jacket as we will eat. Skipping to her room I chuckled on how fast she moves when it comes to food. Helping Mina to wear her apron to avoid it to get dirty she played with tongs excited to grill the pork.

"Mom did you ever loved daddy?" She asked me looking through my eyes. Maybe this is ehat you feel when you are looking straight into the eyed of the person you love. The same feeling I used to feel when I am looking at Somi's dark brown eyes. "Don't worry mom, I won't judge you. To be honest." She lowers her head putting the tong aside.

"I am actually happy that you broke uo with dad. He is aleays hurting us." Caressing her head she looked again to me. Her eyes filled with curiosity.

"I was forced to marry him." I answered and I know she's sad on what I said. "Your grandparents thought that he is the best for me so they want me to marry him."

"Do you love someone else?" Should I tell her? I din't want my daughter to hate me for loving a girl. "Mom. Please tell me. I won't judge you." I smiled at her holding her hand. "I do love someone else. But I love you more than her." Her eyes widen. "She's a girl." I hummed as a yes. "Oh the food is here." She exclaimed as her attention diverted at the meat and she starts on grilling it.

"Mom now that you and dad are separeted now. Do you have plans on looking for her?" She asked me taking a bit of her meat. "Are you not disgusted on me?" She shook her head holding my hand. "Mom it doesn't matter to me if you love a boy or a girl. What matters most is you are happy." Tears building on my eyes I hugged her. "I love you darling." "I love you too mom."

 

"Mom can I play? Please." She asked and I nod. I remember when we pass by a playground she always wants to play but her father didn't allow her. He is very strict and I hate him for that. I watched in contentment as I saw her play with the kids smiling brightly. The smile of happiness and not a forced one. I sat on thr bench keeping an eye on her. There it is again.

The thought of Somi enters my mind and I miss her so badly. I am thinking if she's now married and if she have a child now. My thoughts broke when Mina fell on her knees. I quickly approached her and saw someone helping my daughter.

"Mina are you okay?" I asked worriedly abd saw a scratch on her right knee. "Aigoo~" I exclaimed. The person chuckled and when I looked up my eyes widen.

"You're here." I whispered making her smile. That smile, her smile that I missed the most. "Is that how you will greet me Sejeong-ah?" I want to cry, as she calls my name. The feeling is still the same.

"Mom who is she?" My looked down at Mina and smile. "She's an olf friend." Somi crouch down to have the same level as Mina smiling warmly.

"Hi I am Jeon Somi." She said reaching her hand for a handshake. For some reason I remember our first encounter. "Hi I am Kang Mina." My daughter shook hands with Somi and they both smiled wifely. My heart beat faster at the sight.

"It's been long Sejeong-ah. Is it fine to invite you two for an ice cream?" Ice cream, her favorite. Mina squeezed my hand and I nod my head. We walked to the ice cream parlor and she sat across us.

"How are you?" She asked me. I glanced at Mina checking if she have ice cream on her lips. "I am fine. What about you?" "I am fine also." Her eyes looking straight to mine. It's been 11 years but my feelings for her never changed. I still love her and I am scared because of this.

"How are you and your husband?" Her question came out like a whisper. "We are divorce now." I answer and she looked at me. She's surprised. "My marriage didn't go well. He's hurting me and Mina." Her eyes are worried as she looked at me and to my daughter Mina who is enjoying her sundae.

"I thought he is a nice guy." Her brows clashed, her fist turn into ball. "It's in the past now. Mina and I are moving forward now." I gavr her a reassuring smile which she replied back. Her hand reached for Mina and she wiped off the ice cream on her lips.

 

I keep on tossing at my bed as I can't forget Somi. I can't believe that we will see each other again. I feel my heart will burst anytime soon. Somi is back, she's back.

"Mom?" Mina peeked at the door and I motion her to approach me. "Can't sleep?" She nodded. I pulled her beside me wrappi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter