높은 나와 함께 날아간다

on the night's air

fly high with me】 PT. 1

 

Shin Dongwoo, a guy who didn't really look good in the morning. He slowly wakes up, with eyes quite swollen as the rest to his face. He groaned, sat upright and ran his hand through his hair upwards. He had a bizarre feeling, as first thing in the morning. Something that doesn't happens everyday, like someone was watching him

 

He also remembered what happened yesterday night, but only the glowing light that he saw. His widens his eyes, and it quite stinged. "Agh." He forgot to take off those eye boogers, (Well, that's how Cha Sunwoo calls it.) He wiped it from his eyes and then he heard a small chuckle. Dongwoo's eyes widens again and looks at the direction where he heard it. It was a quite a pale, skinny, red-haired lad— in his own clothes, holding a tray with breakfast in it.

 

"Who the hell are you?" Dongwoo said with a riddled expression splattered on his face.

 

The lanky stranger puts the tray down on the table and tries to act casual but he seemed quite tense. "I thought you knew me last night," He shook his head lightly sidewards, then slightly smiles at him. "Let's just call myself as Snow." He grins warmly, blinking afterwards.

"Pardon me for using your clothes, I didn't really have anything to use."

 

"What the... what?" Dongwoo shuts his eyes and opens them again. "Don't joke around, okay? Tell me who you are or I'll be calling the cops." He stood up and reached for the phone, then the so-called-Snow interrupted.

 

"Hey, hey. Chill yourself, I'm Jung Jinyoung." Then he gave a small nod. 

 

At first, Dongwoo thought then that Jung Jinyoung was some creepy obsessed stalker. Because, how did he knew about Snow? How did he get into his room? He's using my clothes! These were just the things that ran in his mind. "I know you're quite confused, but take this greeting of mine." He shows the sunny side up that he just made, he pouts slightly while looking at the food. "Hurry up and eat it before it gets cold."

 

"Why should I even eat that? You might added some poison there or something." He stares at him with a questionable and still with his unbelievable look. 

 

Jinyoung then, sighed. "Don't want it? Fine." He takes the tray and goes out of the room, "Breakfast in bed for nothing." He silently mutters, and starts to eat the food on the counter, looking down. Though, Dongwoo had questions, he took his glasses, wearing these on and then went over to sit across with the silent individual on the counter table. Jinyoung gave him a bored stare. "What?"

 

"How did you get into my room? Where's Snow? What do you know about Snow? Did you took it? Did Sunwoo or Junghwan gave the keys? Ugh—" His rampant talking was cut off by Jinyoung.

 

"One, I flew into here. Two, in any way that is not here. Three, all I know is Snow is one super attractive and charming bird." Then he chuckled, "Four, I didn't. Five, no they didn't. Any more questions?" He raised his eyebrow while interwining his fingers together like a boss in a job interview.

 

"Flew? What does that even— Anyways, who are you?" Dongwoo said with a serious tone. 

 

"It would be hard to explain as a whole if you ask who I am. But maybe for you, I'm just a memory. Okay?" Then he drank the glass of water that he also prepared.

 

"Memory? Do I even know you?" Dongwoo squints his eyes and gives a face of disbelief, still confused.

 

Jinyoung closes his eyes and rubs his forehead in quite annoyance. "That's the reason why I said that I was a memory of yours." You idiot.

 

"Pfft, yeah. But forgotten memories are supposed to be just like... should be left behind? And never show or anything because, it was a memory?" Jinyoung could sense the insult to this statement— or rather the stinging pain from the statement, and really... it was one. But, just for him.

 

"Well, Shinwoo..." He gave a small smile from speaking out Dongwoo's nickname and looked up to him. "Though, maybe you know that memories last forever. But it wasn't our decision to forget them, because we will never... ever forget these things. It's obviously part of life. But how could you forget a memory? That's where the physical mind comes in." The pale lad spoke, swinging the fork lightly in between his index and middle finger, keeping it firmly held by a thumb.

 

Dongwoo did not react or anything, he only looked at Jinyoung.

 

"Since, I've mentioned earlier... that I was a memory. Am I forgotten?" He moves the tray to the side, puts both hands on the counter and pushes his hands for him to reach close to Dongwoo's ear, and whispered... "Am I forgotten by you?" Then he goes back to his seat.

Even though in Dongwoo's current state, the answer is already in front of the red-haired lad. He still has that tiny ounce of faith or hope inside of him that says, Dongwoo hasn't forgotten.

 

It felt quite creepy for the taller man. Though still, Dongwoo couldn't make the sense of how Jinyoung be a memory to him. He was sitting there with a face wherein he isn't aware physically, but busy thinking inside: Was he his friend? How creepy of him to come back. Half-brother? Obviously, I look better then. Some random guy on the street? ing stalker, yes.

 

Dongwoo sighed, since he's quite dumb to let him keep an so-called-intruder right now in his home rather than calling the police. He wanted answers from him right now, the ones earlier was not enough. But, Dongwoo thinks he knows what he's doing; He knows that he can keep Jinyoung for now here. He's just really full of questions inside— that he might just want to pop his head out so he'd be clear and done with everything.

 

He then took a long deep breath and let his forehead thump on the counter table lightly, showing how he looked helpless in this action. Jinyoung stared down on him, "You know, if you'd trust me. You wouldn't be tired," Then took a small piece of food into his mouth. "Like, how I can eat this food I made for you... without getting poisoned, am I right?" Jinyoung said, chewing as he spoke.

 

Dongwoo raised his head, seeing how Jinyoung gulped the food from his mouth— where he was still looking down and making eye contact. Dongwoo felt like he's gone deeper in just looking at Jinyoung's mysterious eyes, he felt quite cold looking at them though. So then, he immediately blinked and looked away.

 

"So, what now? Will you trust me?" Then he showed a smile that made the sunshine glow together with him.

 

Dongwoo had a choice, he just thought he didn't.

 

×××

 

Jinyoung flops down onto the couch, "So... let us start by hearing me out, maybe only this time for me. And, you can get all the time you want later." Dongwoo didn't understand what Jinyoung meant but all he understands is he needs to listen to him.

 

"Okay." Dongwoo silently said.

 

Without further ado, Jinyoung started, "You actually really know me back then, do you know how I know that your nickname is 'Shinwoo'? I've bet you thought about that, I've been calling you your nickname since the beginning I went here."

 

Dongwoo only took notice of that now, "Oh yeah, how did you even know that?"

 

"Because I knew you already from the past, when we were still kids." Jinyoung then gave a small sad smile, he rubbed his right temple with his thumb, that was the only idea that he knew for him to be remembered by Dongwoo.

Jinyoung then again looked at the glasses that Dongwoo wore, and now... he has a reason for him to be remembered for sure. "Also, do you know why you always wear those glasses?"

 

Dongwoo held the side of the glasses and took it off and closed his eyes, "Well..."

 

His eyes shot wide from a memory.

 

We were at his house, we ran to the attic and searched for stuff we can use, "Hyung, how about these glasses? This would look great on you."

 

"W-what?" he slowly took the glasses out of it and wore them on me, these were kind of big but it's okay. As long it comes from Jinyoung.

 

"You look great hyung," he smiles, I just nod and blush faintly. I don't really get complimented on things, but Jinyoung was always there to say I look great or compliment me with small things with what I do.

 

"T-thanks," Was the only word I could always just say.

 

"Can you so me a favor?" I nodded to his question. "Can you wear those glasses everyday?"

 

"Y-yeah. sure thing." as I said these words, he always shows me that happy smile of him.

 

And as promise, I always wore those glasses. Everyday.

 

"A-are you really..."

 

So then, that familiar smile of Jung Jinyoung for the past decade.

Dongwoo could only stare at his face and look how perfect and how he missed seeing him, "W-whoa, J-jinyoung..."

 

"Okay Shinwoo, I missed you too a lot," he chuckled. "But still, you gotta believe and hear me out, okay?"

 

Dongwoo nodded as he regrets being rude for earlier.

 

"I'm Snow, okay? I'm not a freak or something..." Jinyoung starts to explain.

Of course you're not a freak, you're far from that.

 

"...I vanished just one day because I was took into custody by some witch or something. I accidentally hurt one of her birds, apparently then... she turned me into one. It was, a Hummingbird. I didn't knew why she'd turn me into a Hummingbird... but still, maybe it was my punishment."

 

"I-I see.." I think, I can believe him...?

 

"Now, you know that Snow is a Hummingbird right? And as I said earlier, I'm Snow. But, actually... it's just me, Jinyoung." Hearing his name made him feel warm and happy. "I can prove it to you too," Jinyoung ran to the bathroom and gave it a small opening. Later, Dongwoo peeked behind from saw a familiar ray of light coming out of the bathroom as then it vanished.

 

Then there comes a small Hummingbird, which Dongwoo always missed to see, hopping out of the bathroom. Dongwoo was just in a bizarre sight and state. The bird raised one of its wing, and waved it lightly at Dongwoo. Then it hopped back inside, with the familiar ray of light again. After a minute, Jinyoung came out of the bathroom. "Well that was me, I hope you're proved enough with it." He said as he took a breath.

 

"Y-yeah, I am."

 

"I'm glad I could control that power of shapeshifting while I was just still new with it. I was afraid I might not go back to my normal body," He explained.

Dongwoo just stood and hugged Jinyoung, "I just miss you." Well, he didn't expect to do or say that.

 

Jinyoung slightly opens his mouth in surprise, but only a second to have his expression soften and hug the older one back.

 

"I miss you too, hyung. So much."

 

They then didn't took notice of the three individuals then who were already in their room, looking at their actions. "Well, look at hyung here..." Sunwoo says with a funny look at his face.

 

Dongwoo immediately pulled out from the hug and awkwardly looked at his friends, "How did you guys even-"

 

Junghwan fished out a key in this pocket, Dongwoo sighed, "Oh give me that." But Junghwan put it back inside, out of reach. Dongwoo just sighed to the younger's action.

 

"Mind introducing him to us, hyung?" Sunwoo said immediately.

 

Dongwoo looked at Jinyoung, as they then now exchanged their own glances. Dongwoo warmly chuckled, "Well, if I introduce him to you guys... you might not even believe me."