Fin

Our Version of Romeo & Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our Version of Romeo & Juliet

Genre: Fluff, fluff and more fluff

Word counts: 3,216
Summary: So, maybe your story wasn't like Romeo and Juliet at all.

 

______________________

“Hey beautiful,” You jumped up at the sudden voice from behind you, spinning on your heel. You sighed in relief, realizing that it was only your best friend, Yoongi.

He walked beside you, placing a glass of champagne on the marble railing, just beside your glass of strawberry juice. You spin back to your heel, leaning your body on the balcony railing, sighing as you look down at the field, filled with different people from your country.

You, the princess of Veloria, is currently having an outdoor ball, which your parents had set up, probably like an early party for your night’s first meeting with your fiancée, Taehyung. Well obviously it was that ‘arrange marriage’ , and right now, you’re hiding from the crowd. Totally not prepared to meet whoever that Taehyung is.

“Hiding, I see,” Yoongi muttered, making you sigh even louder. “I still don’t get why we have to be married. Like, couldn’t they just be nice enough and work with us?” you groaned, sipping on your strawberry juice. You hear Yoongi chuckling beside you, turning his back on the railing and leaning his body on it as he took his sip of champagne before resting it down again, arms folded on his chest, “Taehyung likes you though.”

You snapped your head at him in interest, “You’ve met him?” he gave a slight nod, playing with the button of his sleeves. He looked formal today, you’ve noticed, even if it was strictly required for the ball to wear a suit or tux, since he was your best friend and one of the prince of Veloria, he was allowed to wear whatever he wants, he never liked wearing formally anyways, yet he tried.

“What does he look like?” you asked in curiosity. He shrugged, turning his head towards you, “He looked alright,” he smirked, “but still nothing compared to me,” you gave him a knowing look. He just wiggled his eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes but laughed anyways, “Whatever, Yoon.”

“They actually sent me out to look for you,” he spoke up casually, “Didn’t took long though, you never have anywhere else to go other than this balcony.”

He ran a hand on his grey locks, making his hair bounce on his forehead. You just looked at him, your eyes travelling on from his hair, his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his jaws, until your eyes landed on his lips.

That small, plump and chapped pinked lips of his. Whenever you get the chance to look at him, you always just end up on his lips and you mentally slapped yourself at your unconcious actions. You got rid of your thoughts once you notice his lips started moving.

You blinked a couple of times, looking at his eyes who were looking at you with furrowed eyebrows. “What are you staring at?” you heard him once you looked away.

“Nothing, I was just zoning out again.” You said, before grabbing your glass of juice and walking back to the storage room. It was a simple room, where all of the instruments were kept. You felt Yoongi following behind you but walked passed you after a second, making his way towards the grand white piano on the centre of the room. He placed his glass there before pulling his sleeves up his elbow.

He motioned for you to come closer and point at his sleeves. You placed your glass down beside his and helped him roll his sleeves up.

“Hey, Yoon?” you called out. He hummed in response, focusing his eyes on the sleeve you were fixing. You sighed, “Do you think I’d make a good wife?”

You saw him blinking in surprise as he lift his head up to look at you. He seemed to think for a while, words playing on his tongue. You kept looking at him, actually expecting what he has to say.

“I think you’d .” Your face dropped and you slapped his arm when he started laughing his off. You groaned, sitting down on the piano seat. He sat down beside you, and you could feel him staring. He started nudging your elbow with his, once he noticed that you weren’t paying him any attention.

He chuckled, “Alright, honestly? I think you’ll be a great wife.”

You looked at him, your face brightening as a smile threatened to appear on your face, but you held it back for a while, “Jokes aside?” you questioned. He smiled genuinely before looking away. You didn’t know why, but his opinions always seem to affect you in so many different ways.

Since he was your best friend, you usually open up to him and ask him for advice and a second opinion. His answers seem to play a huge part of your decisions. Which confuses you sometimes, but you didn’t question it. You were too much into the in denial stage.

You might be in denial, but you weren’t dumb. You knew you had these sort of weird feelings for him, you knew it was more than just friendly feelings, but you couldn’t have gone over the line. He’s the only true friend you’ve got. Besides, he never seem to show any interests in you. He even said he wasn’t thinking of falling into a relationship, and even commented about how he wasn’t that much into the idea of love and s. So, telling him your feelings was a huge waste of time.

Also, you were going to get married soon. Maybe finding love isn’t something you royalties are suppose to do, or you simply have no time to search for that ‘special someone’. Whoever is given to you, you’d have no choice but to love him.

Your parents aren’t any different though, they were arranged marriage too. They weren’t given time to choose, but they fell into love anyways.

You weren’t going to be selfish, if your parents set you up for this Taehyung guy, you weren’t going to disrespect their choice. You’re going to marry him.

“You’re zoning out again. Such a bad habit.” You close your eyes, letting out a laugh before patting his shoulder, “Well sorry, some of us have a lot to think about,” He raised an eyebrow, “Oh? And what were you thinking about?”

Shrugging, you looked down on your lap, fidgeting with the end of your dark blue dress. “Love,” you mumbled and soon came a snort coming from him. “Love? Seriously?” you frowned and look up at him, you saw his eyes forming a crescent as he laughed, his red gums showing along with his perfect set of white teeth. He looked ing gorgeous, and you couldn’t help but rethink all of this.

So maybe you did actually fallen into... love, with him. But was this wrong.

“Yeah, like, I always wonder what if feels like to fall in love. Maybe after marrying Taehyung, we’d eventually fall in love too?” You voiced out, completely ignoring the fact that you were about to say his name instead of Taehyung’s. He seemed taken aback with the sudden answer.

He started rubbing the back of his nape, biting his lip in the process. He was thinking of something serious. You know him too well, every small gesture he makes, you practically knew what it all meant. Now, what was he thinking about now?

“What?” You spoke up. He locked eyes with you before looking away, eyeing everything except you.

“Do you think, if you were given one chance to actually find someone to love, would you take it?” You widened your eyes, clearly not expecting him to be thinking like that, “Huh? What’s with the sudden thought? You’re not much of a fan of it, remember?”

You know he was nervous when he started scratching his nose with his thumb.

“You’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter