The Time is Over.

The Time is Over.

 


“I think me and Key should go now.”

Jonghyun blurted out as he stepped out from their room bringing their bags. Minho spilled the juice he was drinking while Krystal simply nods.

“Why leave so early?” the tall man asked. Jonghyun was about to answer when he notice that Key went out of the room. The femme man stood up beside the older man and bowed.

“Thanks. Have a nice day.”

Key quickly pulled Jonghyun’s arms away from them and whispered “We have to go.”

 

(Taemin)

 

Afternoon should be cozy and warm but it was cold instead. The fog is too thick against the window and I can write his whole name on it. Rain is rushing from the dark sky and it felt like heaven is not please with am I feeling right now.

 

"Taemin" I heard my hyung called. I looked at to him and I saw his eyes. pitifully looking at me. He knows the reason of my sadness. Of course he is. He's my brother after all, the only family that left in me.

 

"Minho.. He was still yearning for you."

It's been 2 years, why should I believe with it? I want to laugh out loud as I heard hyung's words but it stabs my heart a trillion times. I know I can't and I would never be.

 

"Tae-"

"Stop joking hyung." I shrieked out, trying to prevent my tears from falling. "He move on easily. Look, he's getting married. He's doing fine." I paused a bit, mustering up my courage to say nicer words for him, for them. "And I'm happy for him."

 

Tears slipped out from eyes as soon as let out my words. I'm a liar. A good liar. Why did I lie that I didn't want him anymore? But it was right thing, isn't? I choose the better option for him. The best one to be exact.

 

"You don't have to lie in yourself, Tae."

I am not lying, hyung. Everything is true. He wouldn't be happy if I'm with him. I'm sick, foremost I'm a guy. He deserves Krystal even more. They're perfect. They are match in heaven.

 

"Stop it hyung! I don't want to hear any lies."

 

 

(Key)

 

Peeking outside was actually the least I can do for now. I can’t stop these tears of agony the moment I found out that Taemin is dying. My baby is dying. I even argued to the doctor if he can do something to cure him. Jino, my baby’s doctor explained everything. I cried even more when I found out that Jino was his doctor. So everything is not by coincidence? Krystal knows everything?

“H-how?” I asked while looking to Jjong pitifully.

“He wants to die here that’s why he came back. Glioblastoma multiforme is a deadliest form of brain tumor. Even thought we done multimodality therapy, the chances of living is minimal. Only 12-17 months. We’re very thankful that he reached 24 months but this is it. His medications are just a little help for him to stay until wedding but to my surprise the wedding was about him and Minho.” Jino stated, making me whimper even more. What if the plan just got blown? What if Taemin won’t make it? So this is the ‘Everything will go in the flow’ of Krystal?”

 

“AAAAAAAAAAH~”

 

 

(3rd)

“Jino! Jino! Taemin!” the horror plastered in the face of Onew as he comes out from the room desperately. Key quickly pushed Jonghyun away to get more access inside the room. His heart broke as he saw Taemin screaming while holding out his head. He was about to get near with Taemin when the nurses stopped him. “You need to get out sir.”

“No, Taemin –“

“Key, let’s go.” The dino guy pulled him away from the room. The femme man tried to let go but the grip of Jonghyun is too hard. “Taeminnie..” he called out.

Taemin heard him and tried to reach for his hand. Key felt his heart ripped into pieces when he saw the tears from his baby’s eyes.

 

 

The moment he opened his eyes, the sting in his head didn’t leave. As usual he tried to pull himself into sit. He looked at everywhere, searching for the figure of his hyungs. He let out a long breath when he realized that he was actually alone. ’Wonder how long I have slept? It’s so dark.’ He curiously thought.

He carefully placed his feet in the cold floor as he wants to stand up but eventually he falls. He tried finding something that can help me to stand. He grabbed a metal not knowing it was a ceramic bowl making it fell on the ground and broke. Tears streamed down to his face as he saw clearly nothing everywhere. “I can’t see anything.”

 

 

The horrible scene welcomed the four men as they entered the room and saw Taemin recklessly crying. Jino quickly ran to the young man and pulled him up. Since Taemin can’t support himself, he wrapped his arms to his doctor so it would be easy for the man to place him carefully at the bed.

“Am I going to be blind forever, hyung?” Taemin woefully asked as he kept tracing the face of Jino. The doctor shook his head and held the younger man’s hand.

“We can perform an eye surgery for you Taemin. But it’s for temporary for your eyesight. The optic nerve is malfunctioning and one surgery is enough because the nerves will get brittle. If you lost sight again, there’s nothing much we can do.”

 

 

(Minho)

 

"I've had enough.”

What I have done, Taemin?

 

“I don’t want to be with you anymore.”

I thought our love will exist forever? You’ve promised that our love will be unbreakable.

 

“I don’t love you anymore. I want to end everything now.”

How can you be so cruel? You’re not the same Taemin that I knew before. Why?

 

“I’m going to leave the country tomorrow.”

Stop kidding Taemin. You are hurting me now. Why are you doing this?

 

“I guess that’s all. Goodbye forever.”

You’re not leaving me right? No. Don’t go. Tell me that this is just lie. Don’t go away. I can’t go on with this. I can’t.

 

“TAEMIN!”

 

Eyes were filled with tears. I am helplessly crying again. Although two years have been passed, I can’t help but to ask myself ‘Why Taemin left me?’

 

He’s back. After of these long two years, he’s back. I was with him, with Onew-hyung, with Krystal, with Key, with Jonghyun-hyung, with this Jino guy. He seems so happy, happier when he saw me with her and happiest when he was with this Jino. Did he really didn’t love me anymore? Is he really that cruel? Does he love Jino? Is he happy with him?

 

*~Oppa wakeeeey!~*

 

The pain stabs me even more. Is it really convenient for me to lie about what I feel? Why I can’t love Krystal? All of my life, all I want to be with is him; Taemin.

 

(Krystal)

“Taemin!”

I heard him screamed. I peeked to his room and saw him crying. It’s been my daily problem, him dreaming about Taemin-oppa and the day he left him. I mustered up all of my courage to tell. He needs to know everything. I’m going to tell him.

I walked carefully till he saw me and I sat on the edge of his bed.

“Minho, we have to talk.”

 

 

(3rd)

Going back to the Seoul must be a painful torture for Taemin. He’s going back home; blind. He can still see their apparitions but everything is so blurred. Tears slowly crept down to his face and every drops, pained the heart of Key and Onew who’s watching him the whole time. The femme man cried as he thought why the hell he didn’t notice that his baby is sick.

 

As they arrived at the Seoul Medical Hospital, Jino asked for a convenient room for the condition of Taemin and let him rest. Jonghyun sat at the sofa along with Key. He decided to call Krystal but surprised when his phone rings.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

“You guys at Seoul now?”

“Yes Krys. Why?”

“I just ask…?”

“You sound creepy? What the is going on?”

“Err. Minho kinda knows…?”

“And yea..? Wait what? HOLY FRIGGIN’ JUNG SOO JUNG! WHYYY?”

 

 

(Jonghyun)

“Minho ing knows it. He ing knows it! What are we going to do?”

I told them but they show no emotion. As if it was no big deal to them. I stand near to Taemin and tried to steal their attention. I wave crazily and spoke. “Guys, Froggy knows everything. Don’t you-“

“We know. You told us a while ago.”

I heard Onew-hyung sighed, never leaving his gaze to the stupor figure of Taemin. “He’s losing his sight. I’m not going to be surprised if he lose his memory too.”

 

 

(3rd)

 

As if the world was spinning so fast for Minho. He can’t keep his sanity anymore. Krystal is worried for him driving like a drunk on the way at the Seoul Medical Hospital.

 

Flashback:

(Minho)

“He’s dying.”

I unconsciously laughed at Krystal words. Is she serious? That’s a joke right?

“C’mon Krys, a while ago you told me that me and Taemin are going to get married and now you are telling me he’s dying? Lame jokes are just lame sis.”

But tears fall from my eyes. How come Taemin is going to die? He’s fine. I know he’s fine. I don’t know what to think anymore. Am I really going to lose him for real?

“Jino…” she looked at me and continued. “is my real lover and also Taemin’s doctor, Minho. He’s been sick like forever. The tumor in his brain affects his whole body now. To tell you the truth, he just lose his sight this morning.”

 

End f/b

 

Everyone is eager for him to wake up. Smile plastered on Key’s face. He wants to tell him that marrying Minho was now possible for Taemin.

“Taemin…”

They all turned around to see the owner of deep craking voice. It was Minho.

 

(Minho)

I saw him lying at that bounty bed. My knees started to trembled every time I took a step closer to him. How stupid I was not noticing that he was terribly sick. It hurts me so much to see him like this.

He was breathing heavily. I traced every corner of his pale face and slowly pulled down my face, leaving a bitter kiss on his forehead. With that moment, I can’t stop my tears from running out to my eyes. I carefully wrapped my arms around his torso, reminiscing everything I had with him.

“You are not going to leave me right?”

Don’t do this, Taemin. You know that I can’t. I can’t afford to lose you anymore. I’m not ready and I don’t want to be ready.

 

 

(3rd)

Hours have passed but there’s no sign of Taemin’s progress. The sanity of Minho can’t be controlled. Every struck of the clock made, he’ll go to Jino and complain what the hell is wrong with him and why Taemin won’t wake up.

A swift movement was felt by Minho as he woke from his deep slumber sleep. He widened his eyes when he was witnessing the every inch move of the young man’s finger. Proud enough, he gratingly woke up everyone.

“Guys, he’s awake. He’s awake!”

Jino, whose patiently waiting outside, gushed inside the room. The happiness on everyone face is to precious except for the doctor. The moment he saw the confuse look from the sick one, he knows that they’re going to face the unexpected thing.

Taemin looked confusedly everywhere but he can’t see anything clearly. He tried to move his right hand and felt someone holding it.

“May I know who you are?” he asked while pointing the man in front of him; Minho.

The tall man froze in his spot, can’t believe the fact that the young man was asking who he was.

“Taeminnieee...” Key whimpered as he wrapped his arms around the confuse man. Taemin didn’t move and asked instead. “Are you Onew-hyung or Jino-hyung’s friend?”

The femme man loosens the hug as he heard those painful words from his precious baby. He quickly ran to Jonghyun and cry. Krystal throw a confuse look at Jino. “What’s going on?”

“Onew-hyung! Jino-hyung! Where are you?” Taemin cried. “Who are they? Are they all your friends?”

 

 

 

“What the is this Focal neurological symptom? Until when it will occur?” Minho asked as he slammed the desk of Jino making the doctor stop analyzing the CT-scan of Taemin’s brain.

“It was cognitive, Minho. It’s either memory loss or lack of recognition. We don’t know until when it will last long. All we have to do is prepare for the worst”

“I need to go back in the work starting tomorrow but how can I take care of Taemin with this situation?” Onew worriedly asked as he analyzed the CT-scan. He was thankful enough that he was transferred back to Korea but he wouldn’t take care of Taemin that much.

“Don’t worry hyung. I will.” Minho whispered. The older man sighed as he nods about the younger one volunteering to take care his dongsaeng. “He can’t see and remember anything, Minho. I hope you won’t lose your patience.”

 

 

 

“Hello! My name is Jonghyun. I’m older than you so call me hyung.” The dino man introduced himself as the blind one tried to reach his face. Jonghyun willingly let Taemin touched his face. The man carefully traced every features of the older one and eventually smiled. “Dinosaur.”

The older man yanked away the younger one’s hand and pointed his index finger with fury eyes. “Brat. You’re attitude didn’t even change!”

He was about to continue when Key shoot him a death glare. The man zipped his mouth and pushed himself away.

“Hello Taemin my baby. I am Key. Your oh so loving umma. Well not your biological mother since I’m a guy.” Taemin was fascinated with every features of the man whenever he trace his face.

“You look so beautiful um…”

“Umma.” Key slyly told and smiled. Taemin drew a smile when he felt that the femme man pull out a smile but unknown to him tears are starting to build up in his eyes. Key slowly stood up from his seat and looked at to Krystal with teary eyes. She patted his back as she went beside Taemin.

“Hey Taemin. It’s me Krystal, you’re best friend.”

“Omo. Jino-hyung. Isn’t she the one you are always talking about before? I never thought that she would become my best friend. This is awesome.”  Happily exclaimed by Taemin, making Krystal cry even more.

Taemin frowned when he felt tears streaming down to the petite girl’s face while he was caressing it. “Why you were crying?” he worriedly asked. Krystal shook her head and tried to smile. “Aniyo, I’m fine.”

She drifter her gaze to the man beside Onew, telling that it was his turn. Minho embraced Krystal before he slowly takes a step closer to Taemin.  His eyes tremble every time his eyes trying to reach the precious eyes of Taemin. When he was about to touch him, the older man was surprised when Taemin catch his hand and fill up the spaces between his fingers.

“I woke up with this hand against mine. It seems very perfect aren’t they?” Taemin asked, anticipating for the answer. Minho furiously nods, trying to control his tears from falling.

“I’m Minho.”

“and you are my…?”

 

(Minho)

“and you are my…?”

I’m the one who loves you the most. I’m the one who’s willing to die for you. How can you not remember that? Am I not that precious in your heart? In your mind? I hesitantly tried to stare in your brown eyes but it shows no emotions. What do I expect? You are blind after all. Your hands crept in my face and something was missing: Love.

How am I going to cope up with this? Do your lips is still the sanctuary of my lips?

 

 

(3rd)

Minho pulled Taemin into embrace out of the blue. He tried to gather all of his strength to answer the fragile one’s question. The younger one was surprised but he didn’t push him away. Instead, his hand slowly crept at the older one’s back tightens the hug. “H-hyung?”

“I’m a special person. Special person in your life.”

 

 

Smelling the scent of the trees soothes the feeling of Taemin and slightly for Minho. The older man was strolling at the garden, pushing the wheelchair where the younger one was smilingly sitting. Three days have been passed and still there’s no progress in his condition except for the operation of his eyes tomorrow.

“Waaaah! It’s pretty called here outside don’t you think?” the older man asked as he trying to warm himself from too much coldness. Taemin chuckled about his hyung’s stupid question. “You are so stupid hyung. It’s December so it’s cold.”

Minho was taken aback with those words. He clearly forgot that it was already December. He made a quick glance to his phone and his face fell.

“at 14, it was Onew-hyung’s birthday. 10 days more.” The younger man joyfully told but didn’t amuse Minho. He didn’t dare to talk and just listen about Taemin’s words on how he celebrates his brother’s birthday.

‘In the next 5 days, it would be my day. Twenty-one more days Taemin. It’s ours.’

 

 

“I’m afraid.”

Taemin nervously murmured. Today, he was going under his eye operation and he thought, he will able to see everyone, mostly Minho. The older man let out a silent chuckle and ruffles the hair of the younger one.

“You don’t have to. You have us in your heart.” Mino murmured as his hands reached out for Taemin and gently caressed the younger man’s pale cheeks, trying to take away the fear in his eyes. “You have me.”

 

The happiest moment reached Taemin’s heart but not for Minho. In any moment now, they can remove the bandaged in his eyes, according to Jino. But the pain is getting more prominent for Minho. He wants to be happy for the younger man able to get his sight back but he was still clueless for who the hell is Minho in his life.

Jino went inside the room as he placed his stuff in the table and smiled. “Taemin, we’re going to remove the bandaged now.”

 

“Open your eyes slowly.” The doctor happily stated as he finished. The younger man enthusiastically tried to open his eyes. Smile in his face grew bigger when he saw the two apparitions in front of him. Onew felt gay the moment he realized that his younger brother is recognizing them. Taemin drifted his gaze to the man beside his hyung. “Minho-hyung?”

 

(Taemin)

I was dumbstruck when I saw the man next to my brother; he must be the one who is special for me. “Minho-hyung?”

Without any hesitant, I jumped on him like I’ve seen after a long years. I don’t why but it feels like I needed to. Hyung’s hands slowly crept and that urge me to embrace him even more. His dull lips (I guess?) touch my exposed shoulder area and I didn’t mind that coz I actually love the feeling.

“You can see me. Thank God.” I heard him mumbled, then droplets of water continuously touching my skin. Is he crying? Why?

“Ssssh..” I hissed. “Don’t cry. Taemin will be sad.”

 

 

(3rd)

“Hyung?”

“What?”

“Since I get back my sight, you merely talk to me. What’s wrong?” the younger one asked while walking at the garden, trying to catch up his Minho-hyung. The older one didn’t even looked back and kept walking.

‘It’s my day.’ Minho thought.

 

(Minho)

“Hyung!”

He held my grip and forcefully turned me around to face him. I shouldn’t look at you, Taemin. I don’t know if I can still hold my tears. I don’t know if I can still hide the pain that I’m feeling. I tried to yank away your arms and walk away but you hugged me at my back as if I was your human sized bear.

“What’s wrong, hyung?”

“I’m 25 years old and you are 23. Do you find it weird why am I your friend when there’s a big between us?”

“W-what?” He asked, tightening the hug at my waist

“I used to save your everyday at school.” I paused a bit. “You are so fragile back then.”

“Hyung…”

“I remember those moments where you are really happy. Love found the happiness in your heart but the happiness didn’t find the heart of your love since that person was hurting right now.”

 

(3rd)

Taemin let go of Minho and the man looked at him deeply. “Who’s that person?”

“Do you know someone who has a birthday today?”

“Hyung, stop changing the sub-“

“Do you?” Minho cut him off as he mocked the younger man with his question. Taemin feared the strong aura that Minho was emitting. Tears covered his eyes as he find the sadness in his hyung’s eyes.

“Do you know, that person is suffering in the pain right now since you can’t remember a single thing?” Minho tried to hold back his tears as much as possible. “I pity that person Taemin, but that person didn’t dare to tell that to you. He’s afraid, afraid that you might leave that person again if you found out.”

He paused. He looked at the younger one who cannot understand why the hell he was crying.

“Last night, that person told me that it that person’s birthday today. If you won’t still remember that person today, that person will completely give you up. I guess that person already –“

“No!” Taemin shrieked out, cutting off the wrecked Minho. “If that person really loves me, that person won’t let go of me. I’ll try my best –“

“You don’t understand, Taemin. That person is in agony for two years. You left that person two years ago not telling why and then you came back like nothing happened. Days later found out that you are sick as hell. What’s the effin wrong with you?” Minho yelled out while tears are gushing out from his doe eyes. Taemin stare blankly at him, trying to remember everything. Out of the sudden, a twitch of pain made Taemin groan.

“ummf.” He held his head as many types of scenery are being shown. The older man quickly held him up before the younger man’s legs collapsed. “Taemin-ah!”

“Hyung! Sangeil Chukka Hamnida!”

“I don’t love you anymore.”

 

Tears won’t stop from coming out as many memories filled Taemin’s brain once again.

“Taemin!”

“What?”

“I love you!”

 

“Hyung!”

“What?”

“Take care. Minho promised to marry me!”

 

“Do you know what the brightest star is?”

“Uhh. Cassiopeia isn’t?”

“Wrong!”

“Then what?”

“That star named Taemin.”

“That’s a lame joke Choi Minho.”

“I love you Lee Taemin.”

 

“Choi Minho…” he mumbled as he tried to reach Minho’s face. The older man gasped and looked deeply into the hazel eyes of Taemin. “Happy Birthday…” and with those words, he passed out.

 

 

Tambourines can be heard anywhere making the carolers songs more beautiful, with the birds’ chirping it makes the day even brighter. Taemin smiled when he saw children playing in the snow and making snow mans.

“Taemin-oppa?” he heard a cute voice of a girl. He turned around and a petite girl wearing a simple sky blue dress, holding a flower is approaching him. The woman smile widely as she clasps her hand making Taemin pout.

“I know you look good with this suit.” She proudly told. The man blushed and Krystal giggled in the cuteness.

“Good luck Taemin-oppa!”

 

 

The piano started to play and everyone looked at the entrance of the wedding hall. There was the best man; Onew who smile like an idiot trying not to do a gag in front of everyone. Next to him was the groom; Minho. The smile grew and grew as he takes a step closer to the priest. Jung Yoogeun, the ring bearer, was the kid that the lovers’ adopted since he was left by his parents in the hospital due to poverty.

 

“Do you, Lee Taemin, take Choi Minho as your partner in life, for sickness and health, till death do the two of you apart?” Taemin looked deeply at Minho and heavenly smiled. “Yes, I do.”

“Do you, Choi Minho, take Lee Taemin as your partner in life, for sickness and health, till death do the two of you apart?”

“I do.”

“I now pronounce you partners in life. You can kiss each other now.”

 

Flashback:

“I’m sorry.”

Jino bowed 90 degrees to everyone as he tried to hold back his tears. Key along with Krystal whimpered as they realized what the doctor means. The shocking news overwhelmed the soul of Minho. He was left nothing to do but knelt in front of Jino. “P-please.”

Onew at the corner, weep as he looked at his younger brother lying at the bed. ’I am going to lose him.’ He thought.

“Jino. P-please. I – I can’t..” Minho can’t hold back his tears while he was idiotly begging for the doctor but Jino just shook his head. The sounds of their crying echoed in the hallway but it wouldn’t reach the person that they were crying for.”

 

End f/b

 

Everyone drew an everlasting smile, including Taemin but the rest didn’t. The younger man is resting his head in the right shoulder of Minho, facing everyone who’s admiring them and dancing in the floor. Pain was shown in Minho’s lips. He kept biting it when he felt the shakiness of Taemin’s body.

“Hyung?” The younger one murmured.

The older man gazed at the fragile one in his shoulder and caressed his hair. “Hmm?”

“Thank you.”

“For w-what?” he stuttered. Minho felt a knife stabs his heart.

“For everything. For waiting, for caring, for Yoogeun, for this marriage, for me. Thank you.”

Minho felt tears dropped at his shoulder. He also shed a tear when he saw their son, Yoogeun, approaching.

“Appa! Umma! I want to sleep.” The kid whined. Taemin tried to lift his head but when he notice that Yoogeun went to Minho, he chose not to.

Taemin cried even more when he realized their figure at the window far away from them. He knew he can’t stay anymore. He tried to fight back his dizziness since he wants to stay awake for their wedding.

“Minho, let me sleep for 5 minutes.”

Minho’s eyes rushed out a river tears. ‘I can’t do this.’ he thought.

“Taemin-ah?”

“Hmm?” the younger one asked, not opening his eyes since his eyelids are too heavy.

“I love you.”

Taemin smiled and heave a sigh. He really love the feeling and felt he can stay longer.

“I love you too.”

 

 

“Now it’s turn for the newly weds to say a loving words to us.” The emcee proudly announced as he turned around. “How about let’s start with Choi Taemin –“ the emcee stopped talking as he realized the situation.

Yoogeun is already in the hold of Onew, who’s silently weeping along with Key, Jonghyun, Krystal and Jino. Minho tears keep falling as he tries to wake up Taemin since the 5 minutes is all over.

 

Tears of pain covered the reception instead of precious laughs and smiles. Under the mistletoe, Taemin left leaving Minho hopelessly hoping for him to wake up.