Phase Three

From Now On: Moving Forward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk's POV

Sunlight filters in through the blinds and I peel my eyes open slowly as my phone buzzed on the counter next to my head. I'm hoping if I lay still long enough, eventually, the person will give up but the longer I press my face into the pillow, the louder the alarm seems to be getting. 

I sigh loudly and finally reach over to the nightstand, shuffling things around and almost knocking over a water bottle until I grab my cell phone and strain my eyes against the bright light on my screen. I can't make out the caller ID well enough so I just slide it open to answer. 

"Hello?" I mumble tiredly.

"Minhyuk? Are you just waking up?"

I lay my head back against the pillow and rub my eyes slowly. "Yeah, it's only like..." I turn towards the digital alarm clock and groan. "Mom, it's seven-forty. This couldn't have waited until later?"

"You know I'm always up at this time doing stuff," she laughed. She sounded so alert that it made my head hurt and I moved my phone away from my ear to turn the volume down some.

"But I was just calling to let you know that dad misses you and he wants you and your sister to come down this weekend,"

I yawned into my hand and pulled the blanket up higher over my shoulder while turning the other way. "Mom you seriously could have sent that in a text message. Like that could have been a simple text,"

"I'm sorry honey," she said and I could hear the smile in her voice. "But come down on Friday and bring Young along too. I haven't seen her in a long time and you never let me know how she's doing,"

"Mom, Young is busy she's a doctor remember and I tell you how she's doing all the time. I feed her three meals a day and make sure she goes to sleep at a reasonable time. You should be this worried about me honestly,"

"I worry about you in other ways. But don't forget to tell Young and I'll make all of your favorites, okay?"

"Alright mom," I yawned.

There was some shuffling over the line before I heard a door open and shut just as quietly until my mom came back on the line. "Your sister is bringing her boyfriend as well. I'll let you get back to sleep, though, okay?"

"Mm,"

She chuckles over the line and mutters something that I can't catch underneath her breath before the line goes dead. I put the phone back on the nightstand and yawn into my hand quietly. I turn back around in bed and scoot closer towards the body on the other side, pulling her in by her hips while placing my hands over her stomach.

My chin finds a spot just below where her neck and shoulder meet and I breathe softly against her skin, inhaling the faint smell of her body soap and the warmth of her skin that makes my eyes heavy. She doesn't move at all even though I hug her closer to me and I have to bite back a smile at the motionless body in my arms.

"Young," I whisper.

The only thing that answers me back is the sound of the fan spinning above.

"Young," I say again.

My hand slides down her stomach until I mess with the hem of the loose cotton shirt, pushing it aside so my palm can rest the bottom of her belly button. Her skin is smooth and comforting, which makes my fingers lightly glide across her skin.

"Babe,"

I kiss her underneath her ear gently and Young finally stirs awake some, frowning deep in her sleep and waving her hand to push me away. "Quit it," she mumbles tiredly.

"I have something important to tell you,"

When I kiss her again, she shrugs me off and I chuckle while pulling her further into my chest.

"Later," she grumbles. "Tell me later,"

 

 

 

Young lifts the glass of milk up to her lips and takes a huge gulp before swallowing and looking back up at me. "This weekend?"

"Yeah, is that alright with you? I can always call my mom and we can reschedule if you're bu-"

"No, no, no" she shakes her head. "I was just not expecting that. I don't think I have much to do anyways. This weekend is fine for me,"

"Alright," I nod. I grab our plates and head over to the sink, dropping them in the water and filling the sink with soap so I can let them soak.  

Young gets up from her seat and makes her way around the counter to come hug me from behind and I look over my shoulder right as we make eye contact.

"Are you alright?"

"Did you sleep well?" she says, ignoring my question.

"I slept fine," I snorted. "What about you?"

"Same," she shrugged.

I wiped my hands on the dish towel and twisted around so I could grab her around her waist and pull her up to my own body. She frowned at me when I squeezed her around the waist and before she could say anything, I grabbed her face and peppered kisses along her skin until she was laughing at me to stop.

"I have to go to work!"

"I don't," I smiled against her cheeks. "Stay,"

I could feel her shaking her head and I pulled back slightly just so I could kiss .

"Call me later?"

She laughed and pushed me away before nodding her head. "Yeah. Can I just take a shower first before I head out?"

I tongued the inside of my cheek and looked down at her for a long second until she raised a single eyebrow at me.

"What?"

"Can I--" I tapped my fingers along her side. "Join you?"

Young choked on her saliva and shoved me back against the sink before turning around and stalking out of the kitchen so fast that I thought I wouldn't have been able to catch her.

"Yeobo!"

"I'm going home!"

 

 

Young's POV

I thumbed through the contacts on my phone after I pulled the mask down from my mouth. I had three missed calls from an unknown number and one text message from Dong-Yul. After leaving the room, I disposed of the mask in the bin and walked down the long corridor until I was taking the steps up to the landing where you could go outside to the garden terrace. 

A few other people were outside, leaning against the structures while they talked and ate lunch at the tables. Two other doctors were smoking along the edge but quickly tried to get rid of their cigarettes when they saw me. I rolled my eyes and ignored them as I walked over to a separate section where there were wooden benches placed along the wall and took a seat. 

To: YOUNG

Help me with my chemistry homework tonight? and mom called by the way. She wanted to talk to you but I told her you were at work.

To: Dong-Yul

Okay and yeah I'll help you. I'm getting off soon so I'll be home in a little bit.

I went back to my call log and scrolled through the three missed notifications but I didn't recognize the number. Just as I was about to call the person back, my name was sounded over the intercom to head to the conference room so I put my phone back in my pocket and rushed inside. 

 

Yonghwa's POV

After dropping Hae off at her brother's place and making sure she was okay, I was heading back to my own apartment when my phone starting ringing in the cup holder. I pulled it out and slide my thumb across the bottom to answer it just as I switched over to the next lane.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Yonghwa you answered," I heard her chuckle softly. "I thought you would um...be busy. But I was just wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me? I'm still stuck at FNC and I ordered food already,"

"You're at FNC? This late?"

I came to a red light and lowered the volume on the radio as I sighed. "Yeah, Seungho wanted to sit down and discuss a few things with my schedule and then I had to sit down and go over parts of the song with the producers, You don't have to if you don't want to...I was just wondering but you're probably tired and I-"

"Nah," I shook my head. "It's alright. I'm not that far from there so I'll swing by,"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter