Attempt: !

Brilliant Recrudescence

In his elegant mansion atop his carved out disco ball throne, was Chanyeol on his balcony. He looks at the clock and ponders about who will come by to see him today. Everyone loves his place; they always bring lavish presents. He stockpiles them on his ancient dining table.

When his dining table is drowning in the numerous wrapped boxes, he would toss them outside into a large heap on the always glistening front lawn, and then drench the offerings with gasoline. He would torch the clumps of gifts by throwing lighted matches down and watch the flames crackle with maniacal eyes.

Chanyeol gestures for the only other person there to come over. “Butler Yixing! Come forth!”

Yixing comes rushing in. “Yes, brightly colored master!”

Chanyeol wrinkles his nose, so that it resembles a dried orange peel. “What have I said about commenting on my appearance?!”

“Nothing, sire.”

“Well henceforth, I decree that no one comments on my appearance!”

“Yes sire, no one.”

Chanyeol sneers. “Was that a quip about my lack of companionship?”

Yixing brings his hand up to cover his smirking mouth. “No, definitely not, sire.”

“Good.”

Chanyeol had friends.

Yixing was right to comment on Chanyeol’s appearance, for if a person were to stare at him for a few seconds the luminescent clothes would be burned into their eyes. He was currently attired with a rainbow cowboy hat, a sparkly hot pink suit, and a pair of neon yellow jeans with purple polka dots sprinkled on them. It was as if Chanyeol threw his fashion sense into a bright shredder that was barfed on by a unicorn.

Chanyeol pulls Yixing close, so that his lips are only a few centimeters away from the other’s face.

Then Chanyeol shouts at the top of his lungs, “Butler Yixing! Get me my daily glass of water!”

Yixing takes a moment to rub his ears that were viciously attacked.

“Yes, sir.” Yixing sassily replies and ecstatically struts off to the kitchen.

Chanyeol spots something strange in the distance and uses a spyglass to peer at the person standing at his translucent doorway.

Yixing gives Chanyeol his drink and freezes in his place, as if he was a soldier waiting for instructions.

On Chanyeol’s patio stands an enigmatic stranger, because no one ever stops by the secluded retina burning location. The usually desolate dusty doorbell is pressed once then twice then continuously.

Chanyeol instantly recognizes the lad and shouts reluctantly, “Coming!”

He navigates his way from his spot overlooking the bleached surroundings and winds all the way downstairs to the front door.

At the door vigorously tapping his right foot against the ground was a man of gentlemanly attire. From head to toe he was a grayscale, but his mouth was luminescent. He has a detective hat, the kind that Sherlock would use, and tosses it onto the nearest piece of furniture he sees. The silver tuxedo he was wearing was freshly ironed and smelled of petunias. All Chanyeol wants to do is thank the person who designed the fabulous person in front of him with a smug smile.

Chanyeol awkwardly opens the door to let his visitor in. He always loves keeping visitors in his home, until they fight back.

The man instantly covers his eyes. “Channie, you should really redecorate. The vibrant hues are a bit much don’t you think?”

Chanyeol snickers. “Dost Baekhyun take offence due to my colourful abode?”

Baekhyun yawns exaggeratedly. “Cut the accent.”

Chanyeol instantly grimaces in response. “Shush thy pie hole!”

“No seriously, I can’t stand it. You look too odd to be speaking like that, also I know you weren’t raised by in the United Kingdom.”

Chanyeol mocks Baekhyun in a shrill, childlike voice. “No seriously, I can’t stand it. You look too odd to be speaking like that.”

“Touché, but I know the reason why you did all this.”

Chanyeol finally snaps. “You don’t know anything. If you actually did, then you would’ve done something! Instead you stared off into the distance, while watching them struggle!”

“Not my fault your friends ditched you. It wasn’t right for you to keep them hostage and had tied leashes to their ankles.”

Chanyeol pouts. “How was I going to keep them then?”

Baekhyun sultrily whispers, “How about like this?”

He leans up and Chanyeol’s neck.

Chanyeol giggles. “Friends don’t do that!”

Baekhyun snatches Chanyeol’s left sleeve, and gently pulls on it in the direction of the door.

“One that wants to take you out on a date, outside, does.”

“I don’t like the outdoors, that’s where everyone else who ran away from me had gone.”

Baekhyun keeps tugging Chanyeol’s sleeve, even harder now.

Chanyeol refuses. “No, no, no!”

Baekhyun just smiles sweetly back at him.

“Baekhyun, I don’t want to. This is my place; you can’t do this!”

“After staying stuck inside for so long, don’t you want to see the outdoors?”

“No!”

Chanyeol brutally shoves Baekhyun out of the door, and locks it. He turns around and presses his back up to the door, and breathes heavily. He is not interested in the vicious bashing blows and muffled hollers from behind him. The struggle makes Chanyeol tired. He looks back and sees numerous greasy fingerprints and dirty footprints that appeared to defy gravity. Baekhyun is passed out from exhaustion on the pathway outside, his chest heaving up and down every few seconds.

“Yixing, come clean these stains off the door. Also, come drag this fool into my dungeon.”

Yixing shakes his head in refusal then enthusiastically nods. “Yes, sire. I’ll remember to chain him up nice and tight.”

Chanyeol passes by Yixing, as he starts on his assigned task. Chanyeol goes back upstairs to go to sleep on his blood red bed, and he feels his stamina replenishing.


A/N- This chapter sounds random, because it sort of is. Trust me, chapter 2 makes a whole lot more sense.