Bold & Stubborn

Beautiful & Stupid

uR1cJos.jpg X3zxHsu.jpg

 

Pros and cons of living in hell.

P.S. Like literally in Hell.

Hades likes to correct you that the proper form is Underworld but you don't really care.

 

Surprisingly, it's quite pleasant living there. Shocking, right?

First of all, Hades and Persephone are super cool parent-materials. They're like a constantly brickering old married couple. Except they're not married and don't look older than thirty-five but they're as old as Tartarus. A part of you really likes spending time with them because it's the closest thing to family you've ever experienced. You only met your birth mother like twice and your dad wasn't around most of the time. Hades, on the contrary, likes to brag (and complain) about his empire and whining about his brothers or hit dependency on Olympus while Persephone wants to make up for every girly thing she missed out on. You don't get bored, but you still get your own space. You're treated like a princess (of Hell, no less!). You have a suite for yourself with hundreds of books and you can explore all you want.

 

On the other hand, it’s a little monotonous. Tartarus and Styx are beautiful in their own frightful way but it's always dark down here. You miss the beauty of the Upperworld: the sunrises, flowers, birds and the sea. You're not the daughter of the goddess of beauty for nothing. Persephone understands you due to the fact that she’s related to Demeter. You two often pay for Iris messages just to see a little of what’s going on up there and ease the homesickness.

Cerberus, Underworld's beloved watchdog is just an oversized puppy desperate for attention so you play with him a lot. You know those sad eyes that he gives you when you want to leave all too well. You see that in the mirror every day since you got here. Despite spending time with the King and Queen of Hell, you got lonely sometimes. You can't really talk to the dead, that's too creepy and the ferryman doesn't answer. You miss your friends and their characteristics like Tae's tricks and Jin's cooking (He's son of Hera after all). Sometimes you wonder what do they think about you? How much Jungkook told them? Does he feel this emptiness, too?

 

Pros and cons of betraing your friend.

Or ‘crush’ would be more accurate?

 

Jungkook shouldn’t feel so guilty. He did the right thing, didn’t he? He tries to convience himself constantly but fails.

His brother’s life was at stake and Hades promised this deal to be the last one. He paid off his debt, and now he’s a free man. Then, why does it feel so wrong?

 

Popularity is a funny thing. Before, he was the Golden Boy, everyone’s favourite, but now he’s the most disliked person in the whole Camp. Even Mr. D (also known as Dionysos) hates him. And they don’t know the whole story yet. They think the whole fiasco was a mistake and they already hate him for leaving you alone. He would be kicked out of the Camp if they knew the truth. Jungkook couldn’t care less about the Camp but he needed to come back to get help. He can’t save you on his own.

“Nari left with you, didn’t she? Where is she?” Taehyung, one of your best friends greeted Jungkook when he returned. Half of the campers circled around them waiting for an answer and Jungkook suddenly felt small. He gulped before replying quietly:

“She couldn’t make it.”

“What?” Tae leant closer pretending (and hoping) he hadn’t heard it right.

Jungkook looked him in the eye. “She ate some food of the Underworld, she’s still there,” he said slowly, voice painted with remorse.

For a few seconds, only gasps and whispers of other demigods were audible. Then Taehyung snapped:

“And you ing left her there? Alone? How could you?”

The always smiling and bubbly kid who gets along well with everyone was ready to fight the son of war. If it wasn’t for Hoseok, son of Apollo, who held him back, he would have beaten him on the spot and Jungkook would have let him.

Nowadays, he spends most of his time alone in his cabin reading books about curses and the Underworld. He tries to convience his father to help but Ares doesn’t care about his little heart-break. That makes him wonder: is he just as selfish as his father?

 

Pros and cons of having a friend like Taehyung

He's the son of the god of messengers but also thieves.

 

When he finally finds Jungkook alone, he does punch him. He's never hit anyone in his life and his knuckles hurt but it’s worth it.

“Does it hurt at least?” He asks raising an eyebrow. Damn, he wishes it hurt the stronger guy as much as him. He feels like his fingers are on fire.

Jungkook is still massaging his face and murmur something incoherent that sounds like a yes. It makes Taehyung satisfied.

“Good,” he says then continues to chat like nothing happened: “And how do you plan to free her?”

Jungkook’s mouth is pressed in a straight line because he doesn't know the answer. Yet. Taehyung scoffs and leaves.

He also makes fun of the Ares kid whenever he can. It looks like Aphrodite is really pissed at him too because Jungkook got a lot of acnes recently. Taehyung likes to point that out whenever the occasion serves.

But the best part is his power: he can travel really fast and he's welcomed even in Hell without getting caught. He can break into your chamber and nobody knows about it. Except you who almost get a heart attack when he greets you cheerfully.

“Oh, for the sake of gods,” you jump up in surprise when he appears in front of you suddenly. The first time it happens, you don’t believe your eyes. Then you jump in his outstretched arms.

“Tae, I missed you so much,” you murmur into his shoulder. Three weeks seems like an eternity here.

“I know. I'd miss me too,” he says in such a serious tone that makes you laugh. Soon, he’s laughing with you. Stepping back he carefully examines your features. “Glad you're in one piece. I was afraid you'd be in chains and everything.”

“No, Hades is pretty cool,” you shrug casually. A month ago you couldn’t have imagined a situation like this. Now, it upsets you but you’re able to accept it.

“And Persephone? Is she hot?” Taehyung winks at you while he’s grinning widely.

“Eww, Tae,” you pinch his cheeks. You missed his crazy ideas, too. “She’s nice, too. But I miss the Upperworld.”

“There's nothing new up there, you know. Namjoon (son of Athene) still courts that daughter of Hecate. Jin still acts like our mom while Hoseok tries to light up the mood. Jungkook looks kind of miserable,” he adds half-heartedly.

You’re stunned.“He went back to the Camp?”

It astonishes you more that it should. You thought that he stayed with his family for a while. Lay low and stuff. Since he said he wasn’t supposed to be in the Camp to begin with.

“Yeah. Why?” Tae knits his eyebrows in a confused manner. He seats himself on your baldachin bed like he owns the place. He looks like he’s on a vacation of some kind.

“I thought he would run away like a coward after what he did.”

“He is one hell of a coward. He left you here alone,” Tae agrees and you’re more than happy to have him as a friend.

You sigh as you imagine Jungkook’s pretty face in front of you.“Yepp. After he tricked me into getting cursed.”

Your voice is bitter and Taehyung looks like he’s gonna explode.

“What??? What did he do?” He asks adter the jaw-dropping news and you tell him the whole story starting from Jungkook's dream.

 

When Tae arrives back to the Camp, he hits Ares’ son  again.

“Nari says hello,” he chirps gleefully and he passes by the dumbfounded Jungkook. He seems more shocked by his words than the sudden blow. He grabs the icepack from the fridge (operated by magic instead of electricity, of course) then follows the older further into his cabin. He’s alone as usual so there’s nobody to hear them.

“What? Did you see her? Really?”

Damn, his voice is almost desperate. That’s pathetic.

“Yeah, I met her and she told me what you did. Give me one reason why I shouldn’t tell Chiron,” Taehyung huffs and knocks down some things from the bedroom table on purpose. Jungkook doesn’t even care anymore. Before he was impulsive and a tiny little push was enough to make him snap. He changed a lot since he came back. He’s more quiet and a little flat, there’s no brightness in his appearance.

“I think I know how to free her under the curse,” his eyes light up and Taehyung scoffs.

“Really? Now you know?”

Jungkook shrugs his shoulder while searching for something in his closet.

“Kind of. If you’re able to free-wheel your way into Hell, I think we can make a deal with the devil.”

He says it so casually but at the same time in such a serious manner that Taehyung doesn’t dare to joke around. He’s actually curious about the boy’s idea.

“What do you have to offer? He gets everything he wants.”

Meanwhile Jungkook grabs his favourite outfit for the outside world and starts packing immediately.

“Not everything,” he emphasizes and his smile is dangerous. “His Helm of Darkness is locked away in Olympus, remember? And he can’t set a foot in there. But we can. With your help I can steal it.”

Taehyung’s jaw drops to the floor. “You want to break into Olympos? You’re crazy.”

Son of Ares doesn’t even try to deny it. He looks straight in the eyes of the other male.

“I know but I want to make things right,” he confesses and the older nods.

“Good. You’re lucky I’m crazy, too,” Taehyung’s grinning and offers his right for a handshake. Maybe Jungkook squeezes a little harder than he should while at it.

“No more punchs, please. My hands are itching to hit back,” he smirks and Tae returns his smile. This is the same old Jungkook everyone adored. The one who didn’t need a punchbag to give out the frustration. The Golden Boy.

They can do it.

 

Pros and cons of having a rescue team

Except you don’t need saving.

 

Especially in the first days, you have tried several methods to escape this so-called prison of yours. You ran into hundreds of obstacles on the way. Such as, you can’t cross the Stux, it would burn you alive. The ferryman doesn’t listen to you so you have to walk till the exit. The road there seems endless but when you’re at the door of freedom, you bump into an invisible wall. You tried to find other secret passages but all for nothing. There’s no legends about leaving the Underworld with a curse. No wonder that Persephone has been trying for centuries and she’s still here. It’s sad but a part of you resigned to the inevitable. You’re staying here.

You could sit around and whine but you try to make out the most of it. You enjoy walking around in the pretty clothes Persephone bought for you. You can’t wait to hear more of Hades’ stories at the dinner table. You even send your father an Iris message about being unreachable for a while. You feel settled.

Until Jungkook steps in the throne room again in all his glory. It’s been a month and you almost forgot how handsome he is. He’s wearing those warrior clothes he has for duel. He looks good in all black. Though, he’s a little more messed up than the last time you saw him. His hair is not shiny anymore, but messy. His skin seems more pale than tanned. However, he’s still proud and confident stepping in front of a god.

“Oh, Jungkook. It’s nice to see you again. Although, if I remember correctly our deal is done,” Hades is smiling at him knowingly. He crosses his legs and play with the ring on his index finger. It has a skull on it which is creepy but its power is creepier: thanks to it Hades knows your deepest fear and whether you’re lying or telling the truth.“

Jungkook is either reckless or stupid to come back willingly. Or both.

“I’m hear to offer you a new one,” he answers and you in a breath, gasping loudly behind the corridor’s wide door. He’s gone crazy.

It amuses Hades who bents forward from his throne. “Hm, interesting. I’m listening.”

The half-blood clears his throat and coughs slighly before announces his wish:

“I want you to break the curse on Nari. I want you to give her freedom.”

The King of Hell doesn’t even seem surprised.

“She’s free here but she can’t leave. What you ask of me is impossible. I rule this kingdom but I cannot control the ancient forces.”

“But you can do something,” Jungkook presses.

Hades looks like he’s considering the idea. “Well, that depends on what you’re offering.”

“Your Helm,” the boy replies without hesitation and you have to bite down on your tongue not to shout at him for being stupid.

Hades bursts into laughter.

“You’re funny, kid,” he falters out while laughing hard but he’s the only one. Persephone only looks at her husband judgingly and Jungkook keeps his face straight. It takes a few seconds for Hades to understand. “Oh, you’re actually serious.”

“Yes. Do you promise me to guarantee her free leave whenever she wants if I bring your Helm back?” Jungkook sounds dead serious but it’s insane. He can’t really believe he could do it. Stealing something from Zeus’ chambers is beyond possibility.

Maybe Hades thinks the same because he finds himself nodding.

“If you can do that then yes, I promise.”

It’s Persephone’s time to be surprised as she furiously turns to her husband. “What? Is there a way?”

“Maybe.” Hades shrugs and pouts. “Sorry, honey bunny.”

You roll your eyes at the pet name (You couldn’t get used to his cheekiness all this time) but instead you fix your gaze at Jungkook and the way he turns his back to leave. He looks like a soldier after a battle. Well, parleying with a god is one of a kind.

“And kid, don’t get yourself killed. I like your spirit,” Hades shouts after him but he doesn’t even flinch at his words.

 

You know you shouldn’t. Yet, you’re curious. You want to look him in the eye and see the regret if he have any. You’ve missed hearing his voice, his chocolate brown orbs and that cheeky smile of him. You hated him for a while but hatred is a foreign feeling for you and you can’t stay resentful and angry for long. Forgiving was in your nature. Just like your beauty, you were born with it. Aphrodite isn’t the goddess of love for nothing.

“What are you doing here?” You step in front of him when he arrives at your door. He looks at you like he doesn’t believe his eyes. It’s quite funny because where else would you be? You’re stuck here and it’s his fault, he should know it better than anyone. His eyes roam about your body appreciating the way you long dress hugs your curves before his stare fixes on your face.

His answer is flat, insecure. “I had a meeting with Hades.”

“Yeah, I heard it all,” you shrug. You have your chin up high and feel like a princess. Whereas, Jungkook casts his gaze low like a common person would. His voice is painted with determination when his eyes finds yours again.

“I promised you I’d come back for you.”

You remember his goodbye words all too clearly. The way it hurt and your heart broke into tiny pieces. You hadn’t realised until it was too late but you had liked him for a long time before that. Why? You couldn’t really put a finger on it. He was strong and amazing in the arena. You liked the twinkle in his eyes and the smile he gifted you after every won duel. You liked his secret smiles even more, the ones only you were able to see in the shadows of your cabins or near the lake. He was always attentive with you, he was a good listener and his bedtime stories became you favourites. His careful touches made your heart flutter and sometimes when he looked at you with those dark orbs you felt feverish. It was the best kind of sickness.

“You shouldn’t have,” you shake your head coldly. You wish to believe that he only played games with your heart. It’d make it easier to hate him but you can’t.

Jungkook dares to step forward but you stumble back immediately. You don’t want him being too close because you don’t trust yourself. You’d like to hit and kiss him at the same time.

“But I wanted to. Hell, I still want to,” he insists with burning fire in his eyes and you turn your gaze away.

“Don’t look at me like that.”

He looks confused and quirks an eyebrow.“How?”

You let out a chuckle. Like he doesn’t know.

“You keep forgetting who my mother is,” A sigh. Sometimes you forget, too. Especially when you don’t realise your own feelings in time. You really feel like a pretty doll without brain sometimes and you don’t want to be one. You’d hate to become a damsel in distress. You can save yourself. (In your own way.)

“You know why I believed you even though I knew you were lying?” you ask boiling with curiousity and Jungkook shakes his head dejectedly. “I saw it in your eyes: the longing and tiny bits of love. I knew you cared for me, that’s why your betrayal hurt like hell.”

“I know. I’m sor-”

“I don’t want your sorry,” you interrupt him and son of Ares looks like a kicked puppy with his wide brown eyes and sad face. You quickly change the subject because your heart already weakens at the sight. “How’s your brother?”

The question takes him by surprise so he needs a few moments to catch on.

“Uhh, Okay, I guess. He was in shock at first but now he thinks paying a visit to the Underworld is cool.“

You crook a smile at the thought. “That’s good.”

Silence have never felt so uncomfortable with him before. It’s tense now.

“It’s getting late, you should get going,” you add gesturing him to move.

“I’ll come back,” he promises once again while standing in the door and you sigh. You know he will.

“Jungkook,” you call after him before he can walk away and smile at him sweetly. It’s your way of wishing good luck. “I hope my mother will kick your up there.”

 

Pros and cons of hating him

At least, you want to hate him. Yet, you can’t.

 

Okay, so where’s the entrance of Olympos nowadays? Thankfully, it has dozens all over the world just like any other magical place and one of them happens to be in the heart of Seoul: on the top of Namsan Tower. Taehyung and Jungkook plans to go during the weekend because the gods like to let their legs swing, particularly when they have more important things to do. According to the plan, Taehyung will be the distraction. As a bubbly kid, he’s good at it. He’ll barge into throne room of Olympos and talk about nonsense like the poor quality of camp bunks and discriminating certain demigods just to engross the attention. In the meantime, Jungkook will fight the two guards of Helm and steal it. He eventually gets a sword made by Celestial Bronze from his father, Ares. He’s also the one who provided valuable information about the treasury and the ward. It seems like Ares isn’t a big fan of Zeus (who stole his brothers’ property aften Titan Wars) because his timing is on point.

 

Despite their awesome ideas and the fact that they watched way too many superhero movies, it’s still a miracle that they make it on time. And alive. Taehyung is smiling like an idiot on his way to the exit and Jungkook’s panting but he has what he came for. Their eyes met in mischief and they are so ready to leave before getting caught. But then, out of the blue Aphrodite catches up with them gracefully.

“Son of Ares, can I have a word with you before you go?” she steps in the elevator without waiting for an answer.

Her dashing appearance affects both boys strongly. Taehyung’s literally drooling while cat gets Jungkook’s tongue. He can’t form words, he feels faint. The goddess is more than beautiful in her white dress. She’s prettier than any supermodel and the vibrant way she smiles weakens mankind.

“We don’t need him, do we?” the goddess wink at Taehyung whose face immediatly becomes expressionless and his eyes glassy like he’s daydreaming.

Although, Aprodite’s smile diappeares when she looks back at Jungkook. She doesn’t beat around the bush and gets straight to the point:

“You kissed my daughter without her consent and then you left her in the Underworld. Reasons?” she asks relentlessly.

The demigod gulps at the question.

“She- The deal. Hades said- Uhh... The most beautiful-” Jungkook stammers because he suddenly can’t use his brain. The goddess’ close aura keeps messing with him.

Aphrodite sighs theatrically and throws her long blonde locks behind her shoulder like a movie star. Her lingering perfume numbs the poor guy even more.

“Ah, you men are terrible creatures, you know?” she complains and spare a glance at him disdainfully. “Only paying attention to outer beauty. What do you know about real beauty?”

Jungkook tries to protest but he can’t find the right words. “She is, she… Nari is kind, selfless and a good friend. She’s so brave and intelligent, it scares me.”

“A son of war is afraid of my daughter?” It’s a ridicule matter for her. Nonsense that makes her curious.

“Yeah. The way she makes me feel scares the hell out of me.”

Oh, now she understands.

“You know, I don’t like you nor your father, that barbar. But I dislike Hades even more and I don’t want my daughter to be stuck with him. I’ll be on your side when Zeus finds about the missing Helm.”

Wow, he wouldn’t have hoped for her support and approval of their mission. It looks like there’re enough people on their side.

“Thank you.” He mutters and gathers his courage to ask: “And madam... do you think I still have a chance with Nari?”

Aphrodite’s laughter is like a chime of bells, a melody so soft it warms his heart.

“I can tell you one thing, child. Saving her won’t change anything.” She answers dryly. Of course, your mother knows your heart is already Jungkook’s. Thankfully, he’s not aware.

After she leaves, Taehyung acts like he woke up from a dream. “Where’s she?”

His question remains unanswered because all that echos in Jungkook’s mind is the goddess’ words.

 

It takes another 3 day for them to get back to the Underworld. Taehyung insists on going too because he thinks it would be a fun ride and he can’t wait to see Hades’ face when he sees the Helm. To say the least, the god of thunder was furious at first when he got to know about what happened (there were raving storms all over Asia) but he’s calmed down by now. Technically, he had no right to be angry because the Helm wasn’t his to begin with. So Jungkook and Taehyung arrives to the doorstep of Hell luckily in one piece.

You shouldn’t be surprised to see the cheerfully waving redhead and the soldier-like raven-haired guy as they hand the rightful property of Hades over to him.

“You know the power of my Helm, yet you choose the girl over it? You really are something,” the ruler of Underworld compliments the son of Ares and then smiles at you lovingly and knowingly. Like you exchange a secret.

You’re seated on a throne on his left while Persephone on his right. You do look like a royal family. You’re kind of fond of this idea even though you hated being here in the beginning. At you dad’s place in Hollywood you were always alone. It was cold and empty. The Camp was so much better, warmer. You had friends and fun. Then Jungkook came along and it suddenly felt like home. Somewhere you belong to. Underworld was a different kind of home. This one month taught you not to jugde too early and that old stories could be dead wrong. Like that Hades may look like an intimidating rock star or cold-hearted bastard but he has a big heart. Could they be wrong about the descendants of Ares and Aphrodite, too? Saying that they’re a hopeless, deathly, impossible combination?

At the god’s sign, you stand up so you can properly bow to the King and Queen of Underworld.

“Come back and visit often, okay? It gets lonely sometimes, just the two of us,” says Persephone and your beaming smile is an honest one.

“I will. Thank you for everything,” and you mean it. You quickly get off your throne and greet Taehyung with a bone-crashing hug.

“Wait!” Jungkook stops on his tracks suspiciously. “That’s it? You let her go just like this? Where’s the catch?”

You try hard to hide your smile as you watch his worried features. Oh dear, he has no idea.

“There’s no catch. She has to come back from time to time but she can leave whenever she wants like you asked. I’m a man of my word.” In your opinion, Hades enjoys it a little too much but you’re not complaining. Jungkook mostly deserves it.

“Let’s go, my knights in shining armor,” you joke around freely because you can talk about the serious stuff later.

 

Later turns out to be the awkward train ride back to the Camp when Taehyung finally let you two alone to find the restroom. The silence is suffocating and a part of you is happy when he finally speaks up:

“I really am sorry for everything. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“No. You shouldn’t,” you say matter-of-factly. It’s hard to look him in the eye when he looks at you with those apologetic chocolat eyes.

“I regretted it right after and I’ve regretted it like heaps of times since then,” he continues but you don’t want to hear it anymore. Your voice is harsh when you add:

“We aren’t even yet, you know right? I can’t just forgive you.”

Your brain knows it, your heart not much.

“I know.”

“And you know what time it is?”

Jungkook doesn’t even suspect your lame pun.

“Oh, it’s-” He’s so cute when all flustered he’s ready to check his watch. He doesn’t look like a son of Ares at all. He’s changed a lot since your first time in Hell. But he’s no less handsome and he’s Jeon Jungkook after all.

You lean forward till your noses bump into each other. His doe eyes are huge and you feel a little guilty when your lips follow the traces of his jaw right up to the shell of his ears. His breath is hot against your neck and you’re aware of your trembling. Besides, you know the effect you have on him.

“It’s payback time,” you whisper seductively before pulling back with a sharp sound of a slap.

It wasn’t a strong hit but more like a symbolic one.

“Oh, that felt good,” you laugh at Jungkook’s dumbfounded expression which turns into a shy half-smile as he touch his reddening cheek.

“Okay, I deserved it.”

“My turn,” a wild Taehyung appears from nowhere more enthusiastically than he should.

“Don’t you dare,” Jungkook shoots him a deathly glare. You laugh again. How could you hate this big baby anyway?

 

Pros and cons of loving him

You have no choice. You can’t fight it.

 

Back in the Camp, your friends welcome you lovingly. Jin cooks your favourite and you’re asked to tell about your adventures again and again. You were never that popular before and you lowkey hope for things to go back the way they were. Yet, you know it’s not possible.

After curfew, you sneak out to your usual place close to the lake and watch as the moon shining so brightly. You missed this, the peace and beauty of the Upperworld. You fingers play with your new necklace and you can feel the midnight breeze in your face.

“Can I join?” asks a low voice above you and you know who he is even with closed eyes. You hear him move and you eyes flutter open. His casual attire looks good on him: sweatpants and a blank white t-shirt. His voice is still dripping from sleep but his eyes are wide awake.

“Can’t sleep?” you pat the seat beside you silently urging him to sit down. It’s been long.

He shrugs as he hops down next to you. You notice he keeps his distance. “Not really lately.”

“And whose fault is that?” you tease lightly. The guilt card won’t work on you.

He accepts the blame and looks up to the silver moon.

“Remember when I won that deal of us and asked you to come with me on our next mission?”

“Of course,” you find yourself nodding because you couldn’t forget even if you tried.

“Then I’d already known I would lure you into the Underworld,” he stated and you looked at him stunned. He seems like having so much more to say so you choose to stay silent and patient. “For years, Hades has always asked for objects of me. Reliques, special weapons for himself, expensive accesories for his wife, things I could steal. I didn’t mind or care and he found it interesting. It bothered him that I was’t even tempted by the gold and glamours. But then you caught my eye and it was a trial for me. He asked for the most beautiful thing I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Bring me that Aphrodite girl with pretty eyes, he said. At first, I thought it would be easy but then I got to know you better and I couldn’t do it. I told him off and a week later he kisnapped my baby brother. I had to do it.”

Finally he understood. You didn’t want to hear him saying sorry but telling you his story, the truth.

“You didn’t save me, you know?” Jungkook’s eyes lock with your. “Hades told me that it was always Persephone’s dream to have a family down there. But he hates whining babies so he thought a teenager girl would be perfect. However, the plan was doomed from the beginning. Unlike Persephone I’m half human. No living human creature could stay in Hell for long. After a while I’d wither away. He let me go in his own will.”

You grab your necklace out of habit.

“Here. You have to wear this all the time once you stepped out,” Hades slipped a tiny hourglass necklace to your hand after spending a few weeks with the. “There’s 10 pomegranate seeds in it. Each week one will disappear. By the time the last one is gone, you have to come back and refill it. Otherwise you’ll die in the Upperworld.”

You feel nostalgic at the memory.

“But then you came back all proud and cocky. We decided to go along with your play.”

Jungkook looks like he’s at the loss of his words. “So everything was useless?” he croaks out and you force a bitter smile.

“Do you think it was? Am I not worth fighting for?”

He shakes his head. His features are angelic in the moonlight.

“That’s not it. I was so afraid you would hate me. That you wouldn’t want to see me at all. I thought I lost you forever. I thought that if I did something to make it right, you wouldn’t that me at least... I like you so much it scares me,” Jungkook’s rambling is the cutest thing ever and your heart swells at his words. But you aren’t ready, you can’t give him what he wants. You’re too afraid he would break it carelessly like he did the other time.

“After what you did, I can’t trust you. Not yet,” your voice doesn’t shiver even though your heart beats erratically.

“I understand,” he nods resignedly and you bump into his shoulder. Sad Jungkook is your least favourite.

“But I’d like to try, so don’t disappoint me, Golden Boy. You still have to teach me some trick how to win Capture the Flag.

His shy smile could light up the whole world.

“Okay.”

“Though, I’m warning you. I got really good at rock climbing in the Underworld. I’ll beat you easily next time,” you exaggerate of course but you’re enjoying this too much not to. You want to be equals with Jungkook. You don’t want to look at him and think of betrayal. You also don’t want him to feel guilty every single time he looks at you. You want your boy back before all this drama and adventure. That dangerous, sweet smile and sparkle in his eyes.

Here he comes.

“Oh, I’d like to see you try, darling.”

Maybe it won’t be that hard to act like your older selves but more mature. Maybe you can prove them wrong and show that a daughter of Aphrodite and a son of  Ares could be an all-kill pairing. Maybe you can fall in love with him every day from now on. You’d like to try.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
author's note

Hades was a little out of character I guess. Also, I change the Helm's story.

It has some explanation and more background story. I’m not sure that the end is like you wanted but it’s the end. Their story is kinda messed up and I had a tough time to make up for that Jungkook pulled in the first part. But I’m a er for happy ends so the end is not angsty at all. Just different from my typical lovey-dovey ones.

Anyway, I hope it didn't disappointed you and thank you for reading!