1/2

Like Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is Prompt #16: Coffee Shop

 

 

It was a typical day with Ten.

 

We were both studying at my house about a test tomorrow.

 

We were both silent until he said his cravings out loud.

 

Coffee.

 

Again.

 

"Okay, let's go." I said, standing up.

 

"Wow, really?" Ten was surprised that I agreed to his whines.

 

It's just that, Mathematics was never my thing and even if I try hard to study it, I just get tired.

 

So I guess I need a break.

 

"Yes. But I'm not drinking." I said and got my wallet, in case if we don't want to walk home or something.

 

"You're the best, Doyoung!" He hugged me and I tried to break it.

 

"Shut up."

 

 

I was reading some lessons on my phone (that is certainly not connected to Math) while waiting for Ten to finish his coffee.

 

Suddenly, Ten's phone was ringing.

 

He eyed me weirdly and answered it.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Yup."

 

"At a coffee shop, at the moment."

 

"Really?"

 

"Like right now?"

 

"Okay."

 

Ten lowered his phone while looking at me.

 

"What?"

 

"Doyoung, you know that I love you very much." Ten said with a smile and I immediately know that there's something that he needs.

 

"What is it now, Ten?" I said, used to his antics.

 

"Johnny asked me out on a date." Ten said while blushing.

 

I stared at him, "Then go. You don't have to beg."

 

"But I'm gonna leave you here and it's because of me why you're here, remember? It's like my responsibility to bring you home."

 

"Ten, I am not a kid anymore. I brought my wallet in case of this kind of instances so I'm perfectly okay. Now go to your boyfriend." I said, rolling my eyes.

 

"Let's just go out of this shop together." Ten was now drinking his coffee as fast as usual.

 

I'm worried with his tongue but nah, he is addicted to coffee.

 

"You go first. I'll just finish this lesson I'm reading. I'm almost done, anyway." I said, showing him my phone.

 

"Okay, fine. Be careful, okay?" Ten finished his coffee and I nodded at him.

 

When he was gone, I continued reading the lesson.

 

Suddenly, the bell on the door opened and I looked up, kinda hoping that it would be Ten coming back but who am I kidding. Once that guy is called by his boyfriend, there's no backing out.

 

Instead, my eyes landed on an angel. I mean, not literally.

 

He was a human being. I'm sure of it. But wow, he looked angelic. He looked perfect. Like a good boy kind of guy.

 

Wait, why am I getting distracted by this?

 

I tried to go back to studying but my eyes slowly found him again and now his back was facing me. He was ordering coffee.

 

Of course! That's why he's here, to drink coffee. Stupid Doyoung.

 

Even his back was perfect. How can it look so perfect? How is it possible?

 

And the way he sways while waiting for his order was so graceful. I bet he's rich. Like look at that posture.

 

When he finally got his coffee, he turned around and I stared at him again.

 

And I noticed that he had brown eyes. Brown like... coffee brown. I don't actually know to describe his eye color but it was calming to look at but if you stare at it any longer, it becomes intimidating... like coffee.

 

Suddenly, he looked at my way so I stopped oggling at him and looked at my phone.

 

Just a little bit more, Doyoung, and you can finally go out from this coffee shop and stop sinning.

 

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" A voice above me suddenly said and when I looked up, I almost had a heart attack.

 

It's him. It's him. It's him.

 

OKAY, SNAP OUT OF IT, DOYOUNG.

 

I looked around and saw that the small coffee shop was full now and had no more tables for more customers.

 

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't mind this guy sitting with me. Maybe I wouldn't mind this HANDSOME GUY sitting with me. Maybe.

 

"Sure." I said, finally.

 

"It's weird, seeing you here." I heard him say and I widened my eyes at him.

 

Does he know me?

 

"Why'd you say so?" I pretended to be not surprised.

 

"Well, this shop sells coffee yet you're here and you're not drinking coffee." He said, flashing me with his smile. Oh my god, it's perfect. I think I could finally die happily. I don't care if I'm alone and a , looking at this guy is enough.

 

"Well, yeah. I'm not a coffee drinker. My friend is. But he had something important to do so he left me here. I'm actually studying." I said waving my phone so he can see it.

 

"Oh. You like studying eh." He said, taking a sip of his coffee.

 

"No, I don't. I just want to have good grades." I said and we laughed.

 

"Ain't that the same thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter