1/8 : Don't run away (ps: I would run to the end of the earth to get you)

Reborn! Byun Baekhyun !

1/8: Don't run away (ps: I would run the end of the earth to get you)

 

Byun Baekhyun stared at the butler with an incredulous face. The old man looked back, unfazed and smiling. There was this awkward silence before the old man who dressed like he should be walking on a red carpet for some movie screening prompted him again, “Mr Byun. Is time for breakfast.”

Baekhyun made a face and cocked his eyebrows, “How do you know my name?”

His innocently shocked face made the butler’s smile fade. With a quick snap of his fingers, Luhan, the steward came in, face concerned as he smiled faintly at Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s gaze shifted from the butler to Luhan then back to the butler, jaws falling as he took in the scenario. Why was he sitting like a young master on some super comfy bed? He was supposed to freeze to death on the bench in that incredibly eerie town’s garden before he woke up to find yet another job.

The butler whispered into Luhan’s ears. Luhan’s eyes widened and he nodded promptly. “I would find the doctor and of course, master.”

Baekhyun watched, vulnerable as Luhan existed along with the butler.

He screamed after them, “Hey! Can someone tell me what is going on?”

His fingers gripped onto the expensive silk blanket and his heart thumped. WHAT THE HELL?

He sat there silently for a while and decided everything was too hard to understand.

Meet Mr Byun, our sickly sweet protagonist. He is a typical Taurus man, aged twenty two and single, all ready to mingle and fall in love once his financial conditions allow. He was fresh from university and was best categorised as a sad jobless and homeless young man since he was thrown out of his family for walking out of the figurative closet. He thought he was dying on a typical December winter night, with nothing but a second-hand windbreaker and his good old orange warm sneakers. His small backpack consisting of only another set of clothes was his pillow. He was chased by a fellow beggar who insisted that his usual sleeping spot was his. Unhappy and reluctant to make a scene, he walked all the way to the town’s park that is long un-visited.

He slumped back onto the bed, as his eyes stared at the chandelier hanging gracefully on the ceiling. Damn it should worth more than my life.

He shut his eyes and wondered what more destiny could bring him. He had nothing to lose anyway so he slept dreamless.

.

.

.

“Is he okay?”  a tall man, who looked too boyish to be a stern master made a face and the butler shivered before nodding. “He was at first hysterical and he did not trust us at all. Moreover, he asked what this place is. I suspect he is damaged in the brain.”

Luhan watched the man’s lips curved up sideways evilly, “He is trying to fake dementia. Luhan, watch him. I want him in my office when he wakes up.”

Finished, he sat on the bed as he watched the beauty slept, chest heaving up and down gently. The angelic boy lay down vulnerably without a care. Drool is leaking from the side of his mouth. Amused, the man pinched his cheek. Baekhyun’s nose scrunched up, as if to protest before lips smacking sounds were made.

“Perhaps he is really suffering from dementia.” Luhan commented behind the man. The man grinned and said, “He is so innocent right now that you dropped your guard. Let’s see if he is when he woke up.”

.

.

.

Baekhyun tilted his head sideways as the butler opened the walk-in wardrobe. The old man snorted silently as Baekhyun reacted like a country bumpkin as he clings onto Luhan’s arm. “Oh my ing god. I only saw this in dramas. This is so cool.”

Luhan smiled but his smile did not quite reach his eyes even when Baekhyun threw his hands in the air so happily and innocently that this happiness became so contagious and the maids started to break out of their façade and grinned. “Mr Byun, you are free to pick.”

“How much do I have to pay?” Luhan’s grin stretched. The Byun Baekhyun he knew he assumed came back. He paused and said, “It is free of charge. You would be part of this household soon.”

Baekhyun frowned and asked, “Is your master so rich that he is picking up stray pets like me from outside?”

Luhan tilted his head slightly and blinked, “Stray?”

“Yup. It means someone who has no family and a home to call their own. Your master must be really charitable but rest assured, I would leave soon once I get a job.”

Expression darkened, Luhan stated, “I don’t quite get what you mean, Mr Byun.”

Baekhyun blinked and asked, “Huh? Didn’t you all pick me up from District 27 park?”

Luhan’s eyebrow twitched, annoyed. “You woke up after master knocked you out because you were running out of the country when your marriage is to happen in a week.”

A loud gasp is let out. He pushed into a wardrobe as Luhan determined Baekhyun a level too hard to solve. Shutting the doors of the wardrobe, Luhan fished out his phone, stern as he reported,”You are right. He is playing dumb.”

.

.

.

 

“All I have to tell your master is that he caught the wrong person, right?” Luhan breathed in to chill himself before he smiled. His smile was not the reply Baekhyun wanted. Baekhyun scrutinised him closely and shivered as he finally realised that Luhan might not be as angelic as he appeared. He stood as the glass elevator brought him to the top floor. He walked as four bodyguards guarded him all the way to the office at the end of a long corridor. He attracted much attention. Many women and men stood up and greeted Luhan.

“In.” Luhan pushed Baekhyun in and Baekhyun staggered in.

He gulped as he spotted a pair of eyes bore into his soul.

“Drop the act.”

Baekhyun frowned and flailed his arms crazily as he panicked.

“Ur- I am sorry but I am actually Byun Baekhyun. I am not some fiancé or something. You must have mistaken me with someone.” He bowed.

The man rose from the leather seat and Baekhyun dared not to raise his head.

He was forced to look up and take in a sight of a glorious-looking man who looked even more premium than Luhan. The man looked absolutely idol-like, with eyes which are round and big and nose high in the air and plump lips glistening in the air. Alas, the cold aura was still there and Baekhyun pouted as his chin was grabbed by the man gently. For a moment, the man’s eyes wavered as he watched the thin lips tut out into a pout.

“Byun Baekhyun, stop playing games. You know, I, Park Chanyeol tolerate no crap.”

Baekhyun shivered.

“I caution you not to run because trust me, I would throw you into my secret backyard of alligators for people who defy me beyond my line.” Chanyeol leaned in and the shell of Baekhyun’s ears. “Just stay there as my delectable dish. I would go easy and gentle on you since my mother likes you so much. Bear my child and we can divorce. You should know how rough a mafia boss can get, right?”

Mafia boss?

The more Baekhyun think, the more his head hurt.

Why was he so unlucky?

He is stuck in a loveless marriage with someone so dangerous.