Part 1

This Must Be My Dream

I personify the ‘adolescent on a phone’
Speaking like I’m bigger than my body
I personify that lack of freedom in your life
And I’m sure she’ll be gone in a second

They first met at a music shows some years ago, when exactly, Jiyong couldn’t even remember. But they’ve only gotten closer last year, since they first heard a datign rumor involving themselves. It was her bandmate, Tiffany, who approached him first at a party and laughed at the dating rumor, saying that it was really ridiculous. He laughed along with her then. But as if fate was playing games on them, they met again in an award show. She came up to him first and congratulated him on his win with BIGBANG. He shook her hand then and congratulated her for her successful solo debut.

He didn’t really remember how but one day, he found her hanging out at his usual club. She had looked uncomfortable since she was out of her comfort zone. She wasn’t one to hang out at clubs and drinks. Heck, she couldn’t even drink much. He didn’t know what had gotten into him but he approached her. She was surprised to see him there and quickly gav ehim a ninety degree bow. He chuckled before telling her to relax. He was once a trainee in SM Entertainment and understood that the company didn’t give the kids under them much freedom.

“Let’s go grab some drink,” Jiyong said as he motioned towards the bar.

“I-I can’t. I’d probably get drunk within the first shot. Besides, my manager didn’t know I was here. It’s be dangerous if I got drunk,” she said, almost stuttering. She was too scared she’d get caught by her company.

“Are you here alone?” Jiyong asked, as he looked around to find her bandmates but failed as there were too many people in the club.

“I was with Tiffany, Yuri, Sunny and Hyoyeon but I don’t know where they are now,” she said, eyes full of worry.

“I’m friends with Tiffany. You know that, right? In the mean time, let’s go grab some drink. It’s on me,” he convinced her as he dragged her towards the bar. She didn’t have the heart to say ‘no’ because Jiyong is a senior in the music industry and he was willing to pay so she only nodded and let him drag her.

He’d usually drag the first girl he met in the club to one of the sofas in the VIP section and make out with her. Sometimes, if he was in the mood, he’d take the girl to a hotel and spend a night full of pleasures with her. But with Taeyeon, it was different.

“We could just order cokes if you don’t want something alcoholic,” he said as they sat down on the bar stools.

“No, I think one glass of margarita wouldn’t hurt,” she said as she motioned for the bartender to come over and take their order.

Right after he went back from the bar then he realized he liked her, more than he should. She certainly isn’t his type but the way she laughed and talk was enough to make him fall for her. That night, they exchanged phone numbers and even KakaoTalk ID.

He started texting her the next day after the fateful meeting at the bar and he has been constantly on his phone ever since. He gets anxious when he has to leave his phone elsewhere or when she didn’t answer his text. But it was hard for the two of them because they have to travel for concerts and fanmeetings.

Let me tell you ’bout this girl

I thought she’d rearrange my world

Takes a particular type of girl

To put my heart under arrest

So why is this feeling on my chest?

Kim Taeyeon.

The name was enough to make Jiyong giddy. No one really knows how a certain Kim Taeyeon could tame Kwon Jiyong, the Dragon. It’s been a long time since Jiyong felt this way. Sure, he has been in a relationship for years with Kiko Mizuhara but he never really loved her. He agreed to be in a relationship only to help her gain fame using his name, it was never love. Before Kiko, he couldn’t even remember who it was.

His friends has been asking him about his sanity since he had been going to the club less, drink less and smoke less. He would never admit it to his friends but Kim Taeyeon impacted him in a positive way. He knows how much she hates guys who smoke cigarettes and has been trying to quit ever since they’ve gotten closer. Youngbae was doubtful at first about him quitting smoking but now, he supports him and cheer for him.

Jiyong wasn’t someone who were into a committed relationship but with Taeyeon, he was willing to. He’d commit himself fully to her and be with her through the ups and downs. That was why he confessed to her a few months after they got closer and she accepted it. He was the happiest guy on earth that day.

(This must be my dream)
Wide awake before I found you

A few months into their relationship and Jiyong still couldn’t believe that Taeyeon was his. She was too good to be true, even his friends said so. But he love her with all his heart.

(This must be my dream)
I can’t wait for you boy

It isn’t easy to be an idol, especially when you also date another idol. Seeing each other gets hard to do when the two of you are apart. That day, Taeyeon had just gotten back form the US after finishing the filming for her music video. But Jiyong wasn’t in Seoul and she misses him so.

“I can’t wait for you to come back,” Taeyeon said with a sad look in her eyes while they FaceTime.

“Me too baby, me too. I’m sorry that I couldn’t see you often,” Jiyong said, he was tired. It was clearly shown on his face. Taeyeon wanted to hug and hid him somewhere away from the world to see so that he could rest and be with her.

“It’s okay,” she smiled weakly, suddenly feeling blue.

They talked for a few minutes before Taeyeon decided to end the phone call because Jiyong looked like he would fall asleep soon. He refused but knew that he needed rest so he agreed with her and ended the call.

(Wake me from my dream)
What does all our love amount to?

(This must be my dream)
We can’t make love when you fly around me, baby

They’ve been away from each other for too long now and Jiyong was starting to ask himself whether they still love each other or not. They’ve been communicating less and less and physical interaction isn’t even possible since they are apart for most of the time. He didn’t know how she exactly feels but he, for one, misses her a lot that it almost drive him crazy.

To be continued...

Okay, this story I know but I hope dyou enjoyed it anyway!

it was kind of hard to decipher the song but after reading some lyrics menaing of the song on the Internet, I came up with this story.

I'll upload the second part to thsi story soon.

Please do leave a comment and subscribe!

Sorry for any spelling and grammatical mistake!

See you around.

Ps. I know I haven't uploaded any of my ongoing stories, Falling Without You and Temporary Bliss but I will try to update ASAP!