Warm Hugs (Verkwan)

From You to Me

“Seungkwannieee! Where are you we’re leaving soon!” Hansol called as his voice echoed through the apartment flat in search for his missing person. He kept his eyes on the clock to check how much time they had left, before deciding to make another run around the house to find his little Boo.

Cupping his hands around his mouth he called out once again, “Come on bae, we’re gonna be late if we don’t hur—a h there you are,” the boy made his way over to the lump in the bed only to try to pry the covers over the sleepy boy’s head. He failed, “Come on now get out of bed don’t tell me you’re not even changed, we have to leave soon”

The lump on the bed made no movement, just the steady groans  and fairly solid grip onto the sheets.

“Nuh Uh, I don’t wanna” the lump replied, words muffled in the cotton blankets and various pillows. His speech got so lost to the point where Hansol had to ask him to repeat what he said. Instead the sheets progressed aggressively further over the encased boy’s body causing the other on top to tumble onto the floor.

 “I’m not going, geez are your ears broken?”

“Hey, what’s wrong, do you want to talk or something?”

There was a long pause,“no…”

“Boo don’t be like this. What’s up, weren’t you excited to go the café with Wonwoo and Mingyu. They’re already waiting,”

Hansol lay his head on the bed watching the fluffy brunette shuffle under the sheets, anticipating for his response. He was confident enough to say for sure his boyfriend would take up his offer in a heartbeat. If only they could leave soon before they make the Meanie couples wait for too long. A loud sniffle of snot was all the answer he got from the lump in the end.

Something was definitely off with Seungkwan today, Hansol just didn’t know what. As far as he knew he remembered to heat his blankets last night and gave him an extra eggroll from the take out they ate for dinner. He didn’t remember fighting about anything recently so really there shouldn’t be a reason for this behavior.

Placing his body next to Seungkwan’s covered figure on the bed, Hansol took one of the finger tips peeking out from the covers and started playing with them idly. They were soft and warm in contrast to his calloused tips, “Seungkwan”, he cooed, “won’t you tell me what’s wrong?”

There was no answer.

Feeling bold, Hansol slowly started peeling the layers of futon away from the hidden boy’s body. Right away he was met with a face full of a chocolate brown and messy bundle of hair. Although the other refused to look back at him, Hansol gracefully laced his fingers with his so that they could intertwine together. While still holding on he crouched down on his knees so he could whisper into Seungkwan’s ears.

“Hey come on let’s go to the café and I’ll buy you whatever flavor cake or pastry that you want how does that sound” his hand ruffled slowly through the soft bundle of hair that adorned Seungkwan’s head. Seeing his boyfriend’s ears twitch gave him a sure sign the the proposition had peeked his interest at least a little bit.

It was a close call and he thought he had finally got the bundle of blankets that was his boyfriend to finally cooperate. That was, until he witnessed the how the boys whole body deflate at the very mention of food. Hansol didn’t know how to translate it into words, but Seungkwan was definitely hiding something. Is he stressed, sick? A thousand scenarios ran through his head ranging from sickness, stress, and the off chance that maybe Seungkwan was dying or replaced by an alien.

“I c-can’t” the only soft call that came from the cocoon of blankets.

He can’t? Boo Seungkwan the Jeju boy with the notorious sweet tooth refusing the offer to free sweets? His jaw was ready to drop, this wasn’t like his Boo at all. His boyfriend would literally jump at the chance to visit cafes and socialize with people. For goodness sakes, Hansol was usually the one that need to be coddled into going places.

Hansol started to panic just a little bit , “Who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend?”

The other huffed in dissatisfaction clearly unimpressed by his boyfriend’s comments. “Shut up Hans” Seungkwan’s hands shoved Hansol out from his already hair line close proximity. His body retreated back into his blanket ball tossing to face opposite of the other who was left dumbfounded.

Hansol’s  fingers lingering on the side of the bed where they had once held hands. For a quick second, he almost decided to give up. Maybe he was stepping into dangerous territory that Seungkwan just wasn’t comfortable in sharing, and he could accept that.

The sound of the shuffling of fabric and creaky springs filled the empty room. Hansol was close to leaving too had it not been for a strong grip pulling him backwards to fall onto the bed all over again. His limbs draped awkwardly over the bed spread as he gave in to the gesture.

He stared at the ceiling too tired to even fix his position, “Are you gonna tell me now?”

“promise you won’t laugh or do the thing” the boy pleaded.

Craning his neck to look at the boy, his face crippled into an awkward confusion. “What thing?”

Seungkwan frowned, “When you draw out my last name in a pity tone”

“What it’s cute!” Hansol interjected

That didn’t convince him at all, “Chwe Vernon Hansol!”

Putting his hands up in the air, he surrendered,  “Okay, okay I’m sorry babe I won’t do it…now what’s going on? Why are you so moody today?”

Balling the blankets into his fists, the fluffy brunette took one long sigh before speaking up, “Have I been gaining weight?”

An awkward moment of silence filled the room.

“Boooo!!!”

“I knew it! I knew you would react like this!”

“I just don’t understand this all. What is it that feels fat?”

A sharp whine escaped from Seungkwan’s lips. Attempting to hide back in the encasement of his blanket fortress, a hand had stopped him. Pulling his wrist, Hansol repositioned the two of them so that they were sitting properly on the bed facing on another. They were vulnerable like this. Hansol could read Seungkwan’s hand gestures and mannerisms like a book. They’ve been together for so long it just came as second nature. But at the same time, the other could stare into Hansol’s eyes and know exactly what he would be thinking.

“Seungkwan, I’m going to say this again. What part of you feels fat?”

The boy shrugged his shoulders as began to fidget with his hands to distract himself. Picking on the stray nails on his fingers he continued to avoid eye contact with his boyfriend until a strong squeeze came from his side. Looking at Hansol he could see just how worried his partner was for him,  which was the top thing he wanted to avoid more than ever. Guilt coursed through Seungkwan’s body. It hurt him when he made his boyfriend worry, it really did. Taking another drawn out sigh, he decided to just spill everything to him.

“My face…” he started out steadily, “my…um…thighs and stomach, sometimes my arms. I don’t know my..”

“Bull….” Hansol mumbled under his breathe

“W-what did you say?”

Hansol’s face remained stoic. Moving his body closer until they were mere inches apart he spoke again. His breathe tickling the skin on the other’s face, “you heard what I said, Bull…”

Seungkwan lost it, “Hansol listen to me! Okay? These are my actual feelings I’m putting out on the table I hope you know that! This isn’t bull or something minuscule when I have to deal with these thoughts ever day… I’m just….I don’t know. Everytime I look in the mirror…”

His rant was cut short by a soft pair of lips. Somehow it got Seungkwan to calm down at least for a little bit, just to let him catch his breathe. The kiss didn’t take that long. It was neither rough nor soft, but just forceful enough to get the fluffy male to lose track of himself. That’s all Hansol wanted.  After about a minute at most, both of them finally pulled away from each other.

“What was that for?”

“A reminder…”

“A reminder of what Hansol be more—“

“of how beautiful and precious you are to me Boo,” A soft chuckle escaped from his lips, “Geez Kwannie let me finish sometimes…”

The boy turned about twenty different shades of red.  His face started to feel hot just by looking at the cheese ball that was his boyfriend.

“Shut up” he squeaked.

A warm hand came to ruffle through the brunette boy’s soft hair.

“You’re super cute you dumb , now make room I wanna cuddle now”

“What about Wonwoo and Mingyu?”

“Well that for them because I’m too busy having fun with my boyfriend to care,”

He let out an endearing laugh, “You’re such a dork”

Hansol snuggled in close to his boyfriend in the bed so that they were both effectively covered in blankets. His arms clung around Seungkwans frame as he shifted his body to fit into the other’s.

“Well this dork managed to score the most beautiful boy on the planet I think he’ll be fine,”  

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hi guys, I'm off from school rn so I finally have time to write more stories!!! YEEEAA!! I still need to update my other chaptered fanfics but in the mean time anyone who has a request or something please leave in the comments because I'm suffering from a lot of writers block lately so any suggestions for future scenarios would be super amazing to use as reference!! (just please keep it PG-13 at most). But yea...if you've read this far thank you for reading and I hope no one has a problem with how romatically cheesey I made Vernon because boy knows how to treat a boyfriend right. K love you all byeee.