Perfect Hyung

Don't Let Me Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We might as well keep them interested,” suggested Luhan, smiling brightly.

Kyungsoo’s eyes became characteristically round. He immediately stopped slurping up his honey bubble tea and stared up silently at his hyung, too scared to verbally ask for any more details.

“Don’t worry!” added Luhan in a carefree tone. “It’ll be fun!”

“What exactly are you planning?”

Luhan laughed. “Why are you so suspicious of me?”

Kyungsoo could feel the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. The entire conversation was getting far too close for comfort, and he wasn’t sure if this was the right time or place to reveal three months’ worth of snooping.

Luhan noticed his dongsaeng’s discomfort, and quickly changed topics. “Do you remember when we first met?” he asked, while typing something covertly into his smart phone.

Taken completely off guard, Kyungsoo inadvertently shook his head.

Luhan’s expression changed ever so slightly, but he recovered just as quickly. “I guess it was a long time ago.”

“What are we even talking about?”

“There’s a reason I asked. I promise it’ll make sense eventually.”

“Of course I remember. It was really… awkward.” Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if brutal honesty was the way to go, but his mind was racing and he couldn’t come up with any better answer.

Thankfully, Luhan didn’t take it the wrong way. “You’re right,” he said with a smile. “It was pretty ridiculous.”

Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. “They just sort of left us there in that conference room, sitting across from each other at that giant table.”

“You were too shy to even make eye contact,” added Luhan, seeming to enjoy the memory.

“To be fair, I didn’t even know if you could speak Korean. While I was in the waiting room, the SM office lady had mentioned that a new Chinese trainee was also joining the company that day. But nobody had told me anything else about you.”

“So what did you think when you saw me?”

Kyungsoo became flustered once more. “What do you mean?” he choked out, before taking another sip of his drink.

“Your first impression.”

“Well… I thought you were…” Kyungsoo hesitated. “To be honest, I was so nervous, I was actually paying more attention to myself, making sure I didn’t make any stupid mistake or do anything embarrassing.”

“So you don’t remember feeling anything else?”

“I just remember getting even more nervous when I saw you,” replied Kyungsoo, a little too bluntly. “But it wasn’t because of you!” he added, trying his best not to sound too harsh. “I always get nervous when I meet new people!”

“You never did answer my question.”

“You didn’t answer mine either.”

“Okay, let’s make a deal. If you answer mine, I’ll answer any question of yours.”

“No thanks.”

“Should we flip a coin?”

 “No thanks.”

“Heads or tails!”

Kyungsoo let out an exasperated sigh. “Tails.”

Luhan dug in his right jeans pocket and eventually pulled out a coin. He carefully balanced it on its edge and then gave it a flick, so that it began to spin like a top. “You can do the honors.”

Kyungsoo obliged, and slammed his hand on top of the coin. He then carefully peaked under his palm, as if looking too quickly would somehow change the outcome. He immediately slumped upon seeing the result. “How do you always win?”

“Maybe I’m just lucky,” replied Luhan, taking the coin and placing it back in his pocket.

Kyungsoo sulked. “Remind me what your question was again.”

“Why are you so suspicious of me?”

“Who says I’m suspicious of you?”

“That’s not an answer! It’s just another question!”

“Well, I can’t really answer if I don’t agree with the question!”

“So you’re not suspicious of me?”

“Well…” Kyungsoo hesitated.

“I can list out the evidence if you’d like. Or you could just admit it.”

“What makes you think I’m suspicious of you?”

“So you’re asking me why I’m suspicious that you’re suspicious of me?”

“We’re just going in circles, hyung.”

“Because you’re avoiding the question.”

“You’re too perfect.”

Luhan looked somewhat taken aback. “Excuse me?”

Kyungsoo averted his gaze and began to play with his straw. “Nobody can be that perfect all the time.”

Luhan shook his head. “I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter