Prologue

The Sword, the Staff, and the Shield

 

Hundreds of years ago when the world was first created, humans and mythical beings clashed with no sense of order to dictate their lives. The world saw nothing but blood as the creatures fought for power and resources, crushing each other to rule at the top only to fall shortly after.

 

The gods witnessed the destruction from the safety of above, unable to assist or interfere. Understanding that if the calamity continued there would be nothing left of the world, the gods joined together and used their powers to create three beings who would act as guardians of peace and bring balance back to the land.

 

Mama, the mother of all that is, blessed the three brothers of the Great Prophecy with magical artifacts of astonishing abilities. The gifts manifested into the three great weapons of power; the Sword, the Staff, and the Shield. Powerful by themselves, unstoppable as one, but only ever as powerful as the one wielding it.

 

Together the brothers restored balance and order to the world and created the three kingdoms that we now know of; Highcastle, Freydell, and Vanguard. Once their work was done and they were not needed anymore the three weapons vanished and the three brothers gradually disappeared from the public view.

 

Over the years the weapons become only a legend, a song to be sung but never to be seen, until the three artifacts resurfaced in the hands of three new guardians, signifying great disaster would strike the world again. Now only time will tell if the world will be saved once more like the Great Prophecy predicted, or if all that we know is destined to fall to darkness at last.

 

United we will stand, Divided we will fall.