Nothing Really Matters: To Find Meaning (Preview)

Nothing Really Matters

This here is just a preview of the story. I hope you guys like it! I will finish it soon ;)

__________________________________________________________

It was just another day for me, as I walked down the street, headed to the same place I always went in the mornings, at the same time. I didn't really care if I made it at that exact time I always made it to, but it had just become something repetitive I did, without delay. After all, life was just a cycle. Nothing changed from day to day, except maybe some very minor things. But nothing really of importance for me to take notice. I never asked why, or what, or how, I just simply did things they way people expected them to be done or just because it had to be done. If I had ever really considered spaking my mind, no one would care, and no one would listen. It was that way with everything. It didn't make me content, sad, happy, angry, impatient, or upset; I was simply... neutral.

"He's back," I head one of the employees murmer as I entered the shop.

"Of course he is," answered another. "He always comes without fail."

Here's the thing. I graduated high school, not too long ago, with seemingly good grades and had rich parents that were going to pay for my college education. I didn't want to go, but I did want to go. I was just in between. Neutral. I had no friends and no cares. No hobbies or a job. My life consisted of getting up every morning, taking a shower and going to the little cafe I was at now. That was my life. That's how my life had always been. I don't have a single memory of ever having something I cared about. There was nothing I was particularly good at. No talent from what I was concerned.

"Rookie!" the employee Sungmin called.

"Deh?" I looked up to see a new girl behind the counter.

"Go serve the young man who just entered," Sungmin waved her off.

"Deh," she took a pad and came my way.

"Isn't that a little mean?" Seu-hwa asked. "She's new."

They didn't even bother to be discreet. Why should they? They knew I didn't care.

"Welcome," the new girl said. "I'm Han Erika, and I'll be your server for the day. What may-"

"The usual," I waved her off.

"Deh?" she froze. "The usual?"

"Deh," I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "Arasso?"

"Anio," her eyes became slits. "I'm new, so I'm afraid I don't know what your usual is."

"Excuse me?" my voice rose, making freeze right after. I had never done so before. Had my voice rise, that is. "Talk to Kim Sungmin. He'll know what to get me."

"Deh," she scowled. "Arasso." She her heel and stalked off to Sungmin. "He wants the usual appearantly."

"What's the usual?" he smirked at her. "I want an especific order."

"He said you'd know," she said calmly.

"Chincha?" he snickered and I looked up curiously. Curiously? What is going on? "Go back."

"Mr..." she came back, clearly annoyed.

"Kim Jonghyun," I said.

"Kim Jonghyun-ssi," she nodded. "I'm afraid you need to give me the especific details."

"Kuree," I sighed. "A caramel latte with extra whip cream. A coffee cake, double serving and a fruit salad."

"Arasso," she put the pad in her apron and began walking off.

"Wait," I was a little startled. I had said that fairly quickly, and usually no one got it on the first go. "You got all my order?"

"Deh," she turned to look at me, a smirk on her face. "Waeyo?"

"Repeat it," I sat back. "I want to make sure you got it right."

"Arasso," she looked me in the eye and didn't even bother to take out the pad. "Your oder consists of a caramel latte with extra whip cream. A coffee cake, double serving, and a fruit salad. Is that correct?"

I blinked a few times, perplexed. "Deh."

"Your oder will be right out," she smiled and walked back to the counter.