Ch. 2

The Piano Teacher

The next morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and relaxed like a heavy weight had been lifted off my shoulders. “I could get used to this” I said to myself with a smile as I laid in my bed stretching. I wasn’t having someone nagging me to get out of bed and get ready for the day, I could move at my own pace, it was lovely. Part of me didn’t want to get out of bed, but the other part, the part that won my getting up at all told me ‘Get up girl, you got stuff to do, like finish unpacking, cleaning, and meeting a certain man a Mr. Min Yoongi.’ I giggled at my thoughts. “I think I need help.” I said to myself.

I shot up with a full amount of energy like the energizer bunny and I’m pretty sure I was glowing because I couldn’t stop thinking about running into Yoongi later. After I cleaned and made a huge dent in the unpacking and rearranging furniture, I took a shower. I put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, pulling my hair back in a ponytail. I am sitting at my kitchen bar writing a list of things I needed to get for the house when my phone rang. It’s my mother again I noticed as I looked at the caller ID.

“Hello mother.” I answer.

“So have you practiced today? You’ve moved everything in, cleaned etc.?” My mother with her million question survey again.

“First with the practicing not yet, I have to get grandmother’s piano tuned. Second, yes, everything is cleaned and I’m ready to P-A-R-T-Y.” I answer her questions; my mother didn’t like my last answer.

“Say the last part again?” she asks; I chuckle a little.

“Just kidding mom, everything’s fine. I’m looking for a piano turner right now. So can I call you later tonight?” I asked. My mother just hums her goodbye and ends the call.

“I love you too honey, please get as much rest as possible, maybe meet a good guy or make friends. Practice but don’t make it a priority.” I say to myself in my mother’s voice I laugh at myself for being a dork and then I get back to my list. When I finished I get my wallet and keys and head out the door.

I drive to the local music store that I found in the phone book, and I wasn’t too surprised at the way it looked. The building looked run down and the sign was falling apart all I could make out was “Mini’s Music” or that’s what it looked like to me. I have a habit of going to thrift shops and antique stores so this placed looked like heaven to me.

As I open the door and walk in, it doesn’t look like anyone had been working there for years, it was dusty and had an old smell of wood, I instantly fell in love with the place. I love the history of older buildings and the smell of leather bound books, take me to an antique book store and you have drag me out of there.

“Hello anyone here?” I call out.

“Yeah hold on please.” I heard a husky voice from behind a wall. As I waited for the person behind the voice to appear I continue to walk around the store until I stop because something caught my eye. In the back of the store was a very old very beautiful upright piano. I don’t know exactly why but every time I see a piano it’s like I’m being pulled in by them. Out of the whole place this is the cleanliest area along with the piano. “Someone must really love you to take this much care of you.” I said as I started to touch the top of the piano.

I didn’t hear footsteps behind me or any sound other than “Please don’t touch the piano.” Yoongi said. I see a silver head pop out from behind the wall as the man moves to walk towards me I recognize him from yesterday. It’s Yoongi!

“I’m sorry for making you wait, but please could you not touch the piano.” He asks as I’m about to place my hand on the piano. I look down and quickly move my hand.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to- “I start off but stop mid-sentence. The man looks a little annoyed with me, I clear my throat.

“I was wondering if you or if you knew someone that could tune my piano for me?” I ask. Yoongi is looking straight at me, I feel weird with his glare.

“I can actually, I’m the owner of this store and I can repair pianos.” He replies as he places his hands behind his back. I smile at him.

“Well that’s great, please could you repair mine?” I ask. Yoongi walks to the back behind the wall again, I follow and see he went to a desk and picked up a little green notebook, flipping through it he takes a pen and walks back towards me.

“Give me your address.” He asks. I smile at him and give him my address. I notice after he wrote it down he knew the address to be my grandmother’s.

“Ah, I know where this is, are you by chance Mrs. Lee’s granddaughter?” he asks. I smile.

“Yes I am. You remember me.?” I ask him. Yoongi looks up and closes his notebook.

“Nope not really. I just remember a girl that lived in that house a long time ago.” Yoongi replies.

I wasn’t expecting that kind of reaction. “Oh, okay.” I pause for a moment. I’m about to open my mouth again.

“I can come by between 2-3 tomorrow afternoon, I’ll call you before I arrive. Have a good day Miss.” Yoongi says bluntly. I nod my head and turn around to walk out of the store. I looked up and I thought I saw a smile across his face in the reflection of the store window, but I didn’t turn around I just kept walking out. I get to my car and sit in it for a few moments.

“OMG I just ran into Yoongi, and that is not how I wanted our reunion to go at all!” I scream. I place my head on the steering wheel, I didn’t know Yoongi was looking out the store window much less looking at me. I lift my head up and caught him, I smiled and waved at him but I didn’t get a reaction from him, he just turned and walked away.

“Okay YN! Get your act together, you have to get over your nervousness before he arrives tomorrow.” I start my car, finish my errands and head home.