Ch. 17

The Piano Teacher

Yoongi’s POV

“Maybe I should call, or at least text?” I look at my phone looking at the lock screen of the picture of myself and YN.  We’ve been busy the last couple of weeks, haven’t really spent time together and Jimin’s in town so I’m nervous. It’s not that I don’t trust YN, I don’t trust Jimin.

*Flashback*

I look through the window of YN’s house and see she’s playing the piano. I love watching her, so elegant she has really improved a lot from when she was younger. Her concentration is a lot better. I look away and smile then I look back. My smile fades when I see Jimin is standing next to her. I don’t like the way he’s looking at her. “He can’t still have feelings for her can he?” I said to myself. My eyes grow big as he’s about to place his hand on her shoulder. That’s when I run towards the door and pound on the door.

*End flashback*

I decided to call her, I would text but I miss the sound of her voice.

“Yoongi, I’ve missed you.” YN says in a morning voice.

“I know it’s early, I didn’t wake you did I?” I ask her.

“No, I was awake just haven’t made it out of bed yet.” She said with a giggle and made a stretching noise. When I hear the sound of her stretching I get a little excited. I wanted to wake her up myself giving her light kisses. I’ve never been so anxious to have a festival end so I could get back to spending time with her and Jimin can leave.

“So what’s up babe.” She asks bring me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, right, I was gonna ask if you wanted to meet up later and have lunch?” I ask quickly nervous that she may decline again.

“YES! I want to have lunch with you.” She replies. The yes was a scream I had to pull the phone away from my ear and rub my ear because of it. She’s so cute when she gets overly excited over little things.

“Okay, I’ll pick you up later okay.” I reply.

“Great I’ll see you later. I love you.” She replies

“I love you too.” I reply back without any hesitation I hear her laugh as we end the call.

I stretch one more time, I’m super energized from knowing I’ll be seeing Yoongi later and having lunch with him. I’ve missed him so much I can’t stand it.

I get out of bed, take a shower get dressed wearing blue jean Capri pants and a light weight cotton oversized shirt with a white lace camisole under it and a pair of black and white vans.

As I finish my breakfast of some toast and juice. I get a call from Jimin.

“Hey babe what’s up.” Jimin addresses” me.

“Um, hi, I’m not your babe fyi.” I reply. There’s a short silence.

“Oh yeah sorry, habit.” Jimin quickly recovers.

“When do you plan on coming over to practice. We need to practice at the venue.” I ask Jimin.

“I’ll be there in about five minutes; we can leave for the venue then.” Jimin explains.

“Okay then see ya in a bit.” I reply and end the call. Jimin throws his phone to the side.

“Ugh, why does she have to be so cold. I’ll take her to lunch today to a nice restaurant.” Jimin said to himself trying to motivate himself. Jimin calls around to make a reservation at a nice restaurant.

Jimin wasn’t kidding when he showed up five minutes later. I open the door to a smiling and winking Jimin. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Someone is full of energy this morning.” I said.

“Yup, I guess I’m getting super excited for this festival.” Jimin replied. “I have a surprise for you.” Jimin adds. I look at him surprised by his response.

“A surprise for me? What could that be?” I ask.

“Well if I tell you then it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it.” Jimin says with a smile and he sticks his tongue out at me.

We finally arrived at the venue, and the two concert pianos were set up, there were people setting things up and getting ready for the festival.

“Good morning, so nice to see you guys.” The program head walked over to us waving. We both greeted him and Jimin started talking.

“Good morning, we’re going to practice here from now on until the day of the festival, that won’t be a problem right?” Jimin asks.

The program head agrees and we start. The sound was good, the piano I was using was just beautiful, the sound was perfect echoing from the dome. I had just finished playing my part of Mozart’s Sonata for two pianos when I hear someone call my name.

“YN!” I look over to see Yoongi walking towards me. I wave to him and I’m smiling from ear to ear. I get up and run towards him when I reach him I give him a bear hug.

“YN, I can’t breathe, pull back a little.” Yoongi says, I shake my head.

“Please I’m serious I can’t breathe.” Yoongi repeats. I drop my hold and back away. “I said loosen your grip not let me go completely.” Yoongi says as he pulls me against him and wraps his arms around me hugging me tightly. I smile against his chest; I can hear his heart beating. It’s amazing how the littlest things can make you so happy.

We break away from our embrace. “Let’s go have lunch.” Yoongi said as I nod my head in reply. I didn’t notice Jimin was watching and I didn’t see his angry face. When Yoongi was around I completely forgot about Jimin.

Yoongi and I walk away towards his car, our arms wrapped around each other’s waist. Jimin watches and with every step he gets more pissed. Jimin holds his phone tightly in his hand, if it wasn’t for a staff member getting his attention he would have squeezed it to the point where it broke.