"I thought you were dead"

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun felt stuck and he couldn't escape the boy's leering look. His cheeks flushed to the color of scarlet, his pale face turned as a red as a rose. He wondered if he could stop time just now so he could run out of the woods, away from this boy that was intensely staring at him.

"You should see your face right now" the boy eye's brimmed with tears of mirth, and the smile tugging his lips broke into a grin; completely enveloping his face. Sehun shoved the boy aside after collecting his emotions that were all over the place. His cheeks got even redder of embarrassment.


"Kai... " came a raspy voice. "Kai... "the voice yelled again. He heard leaves crunching, and out of the woods there emerged a face that match the voice, a familiar face.


"Kai,Ruby is..... " the boy stopped mid sentence upon seeing sehun. His tanned face turning white as a chalk instantly. Sehun froze too, like the freezing October wind had actually locked him in place. The breath wooshes out of his body and everything froze for a second, the world pausing that tiny span of time.
It can not be. It can not be the boy he knew. He looked different but looked so much alike with his bestfriend who has been missing for over two years.


"Ruby? " kai asked but the boy didn't even bother to answer as he locked his eyes with sehun.


"Ruby what? " kai said again but the boy still didn't answer. His full attention was on sehun and any voice that could be heard faded with his pulse and numbness.


"Hello?" kai said again, waving his hands to get the boy's attention.


"Uhh yeah.. umm Ruby... uhhh.. Ruby is looking for you"
Aleck stood there looking down at the ground shocked avoiding sehun's gaze, and sehun did the same not wanting to stare at the boy for much longer then he should.


"You better get out of here before that blush reaches your toes." kai countered making his attention back to sehun, his voice mocking lifting an arm, brushing back a wavy lock of hair on his forehead.


Sehun became red again, unable to respond. He turned ready to storm off but not without taking one last glance on the boy that stood infront of kai and him. He walked faster then he thought he could as if someone would catch up to him.
With each stride his mind became more clear, more resolute, as if the growing physical distance between them made him realise something.


Then it hits him, how can he just leave doubting. He had to make sure if it was really him, he had to make sure before the boy disappears. Sure he looked alot different but the boy's startled face said it all. He was shocked just like sehun, shocked like he had seen a ghost.


Sehun raced back, brushing back the thick branches in his way. When he suddenly stopped short, he saw the boy standing there frozen like a statue. The other boy who that was being a jerk was no longer there, it was only the boy who looked alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter