you guys are really leaving me here?

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun took light smooth steps on the tough, rock path filled with twigs. The tree's soft whisper against the wind was like a lullaby, soothing and warm. The wind wailed between distorted trunks, carrying the sickly stink of wood rot. He stood atop taking in the beautiful eerie dark, green forest. He has never seen such a beautiful and soothing place like this before since he had lived in a crowded city all his life.

He lifted his face, letting the light and shadow dance across his skin.The trees frisked as the wind shook their magnificent green leafs in a fiery rage. He found every single bit of this forest beautiful and as much as he loathed the idea of coming here, he found himself relaxing by the sound of the winds and the music the trees they were making.

Sehun's thoughts got  interrupted by a strident buzzing noise. He dug inside his pockets and got his phone out raising it to his ear.

"Where did you run off to?" His mother spoke gravelly.

"Just looking around"

"Your dad and I are about to leave so do your little prowling later." The thought of going back to his parents and watch them leave made him nauseous.

"Okay" nodding to himself,he shoved the phone back to his pockets.

He began to sprint out of the woods, the sound of his feet sliding through the leaves.

Just one more month, sehun told himself. It wasn't that Wycliffe Chase wasn't beautiful. Everything about this city is gorgeous,specially the thick forest that was found not far from his grandmother's house.  The clean fresh air, the beauteous green tall trees. But he wants to spend his summer surrounded by his friends.Even though this city is enticing, he wants nothing more than be back home with his annoying parents and his friends.

Just one more month,he thought.  He just have to stay here for one month and he will be home.

After a few saunters, he saw his parents standing outside with his grandmother. He was about to spend half of his summer with his grandmother in a house that was made of wood that looked creepy like one of those houses found in horror movies that are haunted by ghosts.


"Sehun be good to your grandmother"

Grandmother should be good to me,  Sehun thought. Why do parents think that doing something like shipping their kids to their grandmother's house will fix everything? 

It's barbaric.


"You guys are really leaving me here? " sehun whispered with despairing entreaty. He wants to throw himself In to the car and lock it.

"Yes we are so behave yourself" she looked skeptical.  "I love you" she wraps her arms around sehun, hugging him.

"Don't burn down this house too" his father joined his mother's side after having a little chat with his grandmother which is probably about sehun. His mother pulls back, letting go of sehun far too quickly.

"Call us if he gives you any trouble mother"  his father remonstrated his eyes looking past sehun's shoulder at the old women. 

It was maddening.  The fact that he had to spend half of his summer in a small town like this as a punishment for something he didn't do, is maddening.

Sehun felt a small hand on his shoulder, and he looked over to see his grandmother archiving  a placid smile consoling him.

"Have a safe drive" The old women finally alleged standing next to sehun giving sehun's parents the brightest smile she can give.

Sehun and his grandmother receded watching them drive away from their sight. Sehun stood there with a frown already taking in the perception of the boring one month he would have with an old lady.

"Let's go inside sweetheart, It's getting cold outside."

In the fading  light of the sunset the interior insinuates a dark color.  The roof is low and triangular and is covered with brown ceramic tiles. Two large chimneys poke out the center of the roof. A few round, small windows let in enough light to the rooms below the roof.

"Why don't you go up stairs and wash up. I will prepare something to eat." Then she grabs his hand, squeezing tight for a second. "Sehun i am so happy that you are here"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter