Being Full of Hot Chocolate & Marshmallows

Not Another Christmas Story....

Day Fourteen:

I woke up gasping for air once again in my bed.

I thought if I had died Woohyun could live but now I realize this is a never-ending cycle.

Then the angel’s words replay in my mind. “The Christmas spirit isn’t about cookies or decorations. It about something else and you know what it is.”

No stupid angel I don’t know what it is!

I’m going to be stuck in this state forever! It was like some sort of sick Christmas TV show or worst a fan fiction.

If the Christmas spirit is not about the cookies, the decorations, food, or even the Christmas music then the only things left is us.

Infinite.

Suddenly I remembered the last couple of Christmases that  we spent together in smelly cramp hotel rooms. Although we were away from our families and exhausted to no end we were still happy. Because…because we were together. Because even though we are not blood related we are still brothers.

I pulled off my cover to find my cellphone in its usual spot. I pressed the middle button turning the phone to life. The light shined brightly into my eyes instead of looking away I stared at the screen. It was five in the morning.

“Thank you,” I looked up at the ceiling. “Thank you I can change everything now.”

I was hoping that I could make thing right this time around.

I have to.

 

_________

 

In front of me dozing off on the couch sat my recently awaken members. Dongwoo and Myungsoo were cuddling together on the corner of the couch both fast asleep. While Hoya was looking around the room with suspicion as if he was about to surprised with cameras. Sungyeol was yawning as he pet his cat. Sungjong was nodding off while staring at the wall behind me.

“I know it’s early,” I told the members.

“It’s still nighttime,” Sungyeol yawned.

“I know but the reason why I woke you up is be-“

“Are we going on a reality show?” Hoya asked suddenly. “They’re sending us to the army? Right?”

I could have laughed at Hoya’s sad expression but this was not a laughing matter. “No! Listen I need your help getting things together for Christmas Eve.”

Sungjong gaped at me. “That’s why you woke us up so early!”

“I’m going back to bed,” Sungyeol stood up with his cat in his hands.

“Sit down,” I snapped at Sungyeol who immediately sat back down in his seat.

“Listen this is going to sound crazy b-“

“You are already crazy,” Hoya retorted.

“Let him speak,” Sungjong added.

I nodded towards Sungjong. “Listen I rather just eat take-out for Christmas but this year Woohyun wants to do something different and I think we should support him.”

“We should?” Hoya asked. “Why?”

“Because when was the last time we did anything for Woohyun? Sure he has a huge ego and he does aegyo too often. But he smells like vanilla so I guess that makes up for it…”

The members were staring at me with confusion written all over their face.

I cleared my voice. “Listen what I’m trying to say is today we are going to push our differences aside and give Woohyun the Christmas he always wanted. Is that too much to ask for? Will listening to Christmas music really kill us?”

Sungjong stood up suddenly stretching his arms in front of him.

“What are you doing? You’re going back to bed aren’t you?” I asked him.

“No,” Sungjong smiled. “Are you going to speak the whole time or are we going to create a winter wonderland.”

“Wait you want to help?” I asked.

Sungjong nodded head. “We all know Woohyun hasn’t been in the best of shape this year with being sick and all. So if he wants a perfect Christmas then I guess we can do that.”

“Do you all feel the same way?” I looked at the rest of the members.

Sungyeol and Hoya nodded their heads in agreement then I looked over at the sleeping members.

Sungyeol kicked Myungsoo who grunted and smacked Dongwoo on his cheek. Instead of waking up Dongwoo smiled largely and began to snore.

“They agree in helping us,” Sungjong laughed then he turned and looked at me. “So what’s the plan?”

“Oh well,” I smiled widely.

Then just like that then my master plan unfolded okay it wasn’t a master plan but it still worked. First Sungyeol used his ninja skills and unplugged Woohyun’s alarm and even took his phone too.

After we woke Dongwoo and Myungsoo, we sent Dongwoo and Hoya to go decorate the house. Afterwards Dongwoo was ordered to go to the store and buy wine, beer, and extra cooking ingredients. Lastly Myungsoo, Sungjong and I were in the kitchen looking at Woohyun’s recipe book.

“How many cookies did you say we have to bake?” Myungsoo asked again.

“Three hundred,” I replied back. “It’s this recipe.”

“Can’t I just send the fans photos of Myungsoo? I’m sure that would make them happier than a cookie,” Sungjong asked pulling out a mixing bowl.

“More like scarred them for life,” I retorted.

“Hey!” Myungsoo frowned. “Plus if we were going to send we would send them of Woohyun. He’s the only one with abs!”

“But the fans have been wanting to see Sunggyu’s stomach since we debut,” Sungjong pointed out.

“HEY!” I snapped scanning the recipe.

“You’re right we might make them turn into anti-fan’s,” Sungjong teased as he handed us each an apron.

“Why do I like you guys?” I sighed shaking my head.

“Because we are good looking,” Myungsoo retorted placing on his apron.

“True,” I sighed as I nodded in agreement. “Now let’s get to cooking before Woohyun wakes up.”

Then we began to bake three hundred cookies and of course there were some hiccups. Myungsoo had accidentally pouring salt into the cookies instead of sugar. It was only till Sungjong tested tasted one of them did we noticed that we had made a mistake. Then there was Dongwoo who stole a plate of cookies when we were busy icing the cookies. I suspected that Hoya was somehow involved.

“Done,” Sungjong said wiping the blue frosting off of Myungsoo’s cheek.

“Finally,” I sighed placing the box of neatly frosted cookies on to the kitchen counter with a note threatening death to anyone who would dare eat one.

“We have to go,” Hoya came around the corner with his phone in his hands.

I raised an eyebrow looking at him with a puzzled face. “What are you talking?”

“That crazy kid,” Hoya shook his head as he placed on his jacket. “Sungyeol found a tree already decorated and he needs our help sneaking it in.”

“Okay…wait what!” I snapped in Hoya’s direction. “But we already have a tree!”

I looked over at the little fern that was decorated with a string of lights and a small bow on the top.

“I thought Sungyeol was decorating. When did he leave?” I asked Hoya who was now heading towards Myungsoo and Sungjong’s room.

“He was then he snuck out saying something about it isn’t Christmas without a proper tree,” Hoya called back.

I shook my head a Dongwoo ran into the kitchen with a smile on his face.

“Hyung Sungyeol said that he got a huge tree,” Dongwoo bounced on his toes.

“How is it going to fit? Where are we going to put it!?” I snapped thinking about mess the member was about to make.

“Let’s go,” Hoya said as he walked into the kitchen joined by Myungsoo and Sungjong who looked as confused as I did.

“Sungyeol got a tree?” Myungsoo looked at me for confirmation but I could only shrug my shoulders.

“Let’s go help him,” Sungjong sighed as he head to the door.

“This kid,” I mumbled under my breath as I followed my members to the door.

“I wonder if he really got a tree with those glass balls,” Dongwoo muttered to himself as he placed on his neon pink shoes.

If he did I’m going to kill him.

Hell I’m going to kill him anyways for causing such a ridiculous scene. Plus where in the hell did he get a tree?

I placed on my dirty shoes and grabbed my jacket off of the coat hanger.

Knowing Sungyeol he’s either going to get us arrested or stabbed maybe even both knowing him.

“Let’s hurry up,” I told the members.

The members nodded then Hoya open the door leading into the hallway.

It was almost nine in the morning and I knew Woohyun would be waking up soon. Part of me wanted to see his reaction when he realize the house was decorated and the cookies were baked.

We open the side door leading to the staircase.

I couldn’t help but think of all the times I had ran down these stairs in panic. It felt weird not running down them after Woohyun.

Then we reached the last staircase leading to the lobby and my heart dropped.

He kissed me here.

Well he did in another world in which he died.

I hadn't been here since the kiss.

The last few times I took the slow elevator down to the lobby. I stopped on the same step where he kissed causing Myungsoo to almost run into my back.

“Hyung are you okay,” Myungsoo asked as he walked around me.

“Yeah fine,” I shook my head as I tried to push his kiss out of my mind.

I didn’t like Woohyun he’s a guy.

I don’t like guys…at least I don’t think so.

I certainly didn’t want to kiss the other members like I did with Woohyun. Nor did I look at the half guys performing on stage and want to kiss them.

I like girls with long hair that smells like flowers. More importantly they had not a .

I liked girls.

I liked girls.

I liked Nam Woohyu-

.

Hoya open the lobby door distracting me from my inner thoughts.

Right Sungyeol he was the idiot I need to worry about now.

As we walked into the lobby it was surprisingly empty of any guest except for a grumpy looking man that stood behind a desk watching us with hawk like eyes.

“He’s outside,” Hoya called back to us.

We nodded as we followed him outside of our hotel. I didn’t know what to expect when we would meet Sungyeol. Sungyeol was always impulsive when it comes to his wishes. He wanted a monkey and we all thought it was joke until he showed up at the dorm with a monkey!

He named her goyang-I (cat) like some sort of sick joke. Thankfully our CEO, Jung Yeop had found the zoo that Sungyeol had borrowed the monkey from and returned it.

Yes it wasn’t wrong for me to be anxious over one of Sungyeol’s plans.

There Sungyeol was standing next to the door with an almost seven foot tree that was decorated in blue and white balls with light blue ribbon circling around the tree. On top was a peaceful angel with her hands together as if she was praying.

“Where did you get this?” Hoya asked staring at the tree in awe.

“It’s so pretty,” Dongwoo exclaimed jumping up and down.

“I borrowed it,” Sungyeol smirked crossing his arms.

“You stole it,” I pointed out with a frown.

“Well…”

“You did…didn’t you!” I snapped at him. “Go return it!”

“I can’t,” Sungyeol frowned. “Plus I tried to leave money on the doorstep for it but the woman gave it to me anyways so I didn’t really steal it!”

“Sungyeol,” I frowned not believing his lies.

“Come on Hyung we can’t have a perfect Christmas without this amazing tree. Plus think of Woohyun’s face when he sees it!” Sungyeol smiled.

I bite the corner of lip thinking over Sungyeol’s words.

He was right this would compete Woohyun’s perfect Christmas.

“Fine,” I sighed. “Let’s go inside.”

“One problem,” Sungyeol frowns. “The doorman wouldn’t even let me bring in a wreath there is no way he’s going to let us bring up a tree!”

“Pretty much you stole a tree and you didn’t even think about whether or not you could bring it inside?” Myungsoo asked Sungyeol.

“Well if-“

“You’re a idiot!” Myungsoo snapped.

“Yah!” Sungyeol retorted lifting his fist in the air.

“Stop,” I scolded the members then looked at Sungyeol. “What’s the plan?”

“We will walk straight through the lobby,” Sungyeol smirked as if he was telling us the best plan ever.

“But won’t the doorman notice us?!” I retorted.

“Well not if you are distracting him leader-nim!” Sungyeol smile was even wider now.

“No,” I frowned. “No way.”

 

_________

 

“Sir,” I walked up the grumpy man who was now looking at a newspaper behind the desk.

“Yes sir,” he shot up looking at me with the same hawk eyed expression.

“I eh,” I hadn’t exactly come up with a proper plan of how to distract the man.

I wished Hoya had taken my place he was always good at thinking on his feet.

“Sir,” the man leaned over the counter to look at me with concern.

“Someone is loud! Floor three!” I said in broken Japanese. “I’m angry!”

I gave the man my best annoying look.

“I can speak Korean sir if that is easier for you.” The man told me. “Oh and I’m sorry about that sir we will send someone up to deal with it.”

The man picked up a phone.

“Why can’t you go take care of it? It would be much easier and faster if you did it?” I pointed praying that he couldn’t see my shaky hands.

“My job is to stand here sir and take care of our guest such as yourself. If I went to take care of your little problem then who would stay here,” the man said slowly as if I was stupid.

I’m failing horribly at this.

“I want to know how much that panting is!” I shouted a little bit too loud as pointed to a weirdly abstract painting that was behind his desk.

“This one,” the man smiled pointing to the panting.

I nodded my head quickly like an idiot.

The man cleared his voice then began to tell me about the panting from the artist name to the panting name. What type of paint the artist used during that time period.

“Can I get closer to it?” I asked the man and immediately the man moved aside letting me walk behind the desk.

He turned around to point at something on the panting talking about the absent of light creating some sort of emotion. I had no clue what he was talking about but his back was turned away from the door.

I heard the door open slowly and if I weren’t listing for it I would have missed it.

“How much is it?” I asked praying that my members would hurry through the lobby.

“Sixty-five million yen,” the man said nonchalant as if he was talking about five hundred yen.

“S-Sixty-five…m-million,” I sputtered out. “For this piece of jun-“

The man was glaring at me now as if I insulted his mother.

“I mean for this wonderful piece of artwork!” I lied patting the man’s back.

Chhhhh.

Clinkkk.

We both looked down to see a light blue ball at our feet. My head shot up to see my members holding the large Christmas tree with their mouths open wide in shock as they were frozen in their spot.

The man picked up the ball with a confused look on his face. Then slowly he started to turn around and for a second I was able to see the consequences of our actions.

We were going to be kicked out for not following the rules.

They had already threatened us before when Dongwoo accidentally took one of the lobby’s pillows. Who knows what they would do if they saw us sneaking in a tree right under their noses.

Yes, we are totally dead.

Everything we did this morning would be for nothing and Woohyun wouldn’t get the Christmas he dreamt of.

“Balls!” I yelled turning the man’s attention towards me. Then I did the last thing I thought I would ever do in an apartment lobby.

I pulled down my pants.

“Do my balls look weird?” I asked cockily. “Do they look sick? They look normal right?!”

I swear I could hear the members snickering in the background.

Lee Sungyeol I’m going to kill you in your sleep!

I could hear the banging of the staircase door closing as my members successfully snuck in the Christmas tree.

“Nevermind my body is perfect even my mother says so!” I blushed pulling my pant up hastily. “Thank you for the history lesson but I have to go!”

Then I ran away leaving my pride, dignity, and anything else that a dignified man would have.

 

_________

 

“LEE SUNGYEOL!” I screamed as I entered the dorm.

The voices died away as I hastily took off my shoes and charged forward.

“Hyung,” Sungyeol smiled brightly when I entered the livingroom. “You were amazing!”

“Shut up,” I scoffed in his direction.

“I actually didn’t think you had the…balls,” Hoya laughed as he cross his arms.

“You little,” I frowned raising my fist up.

“Hyung isn't the tree beautiful,” Dongwoo glowed completely unaware of situation I had caused.

If the press or even the fans finds out what I did then our lives will be o-

I let out a gasp as Sungjong plugged in the lights causing the tree to shine brightly. They were right the tree did look beautiful.

It looks well just perfect.

Sure the top of the angel’s head was hitting the ceiling and the tree took up most of the living room but it was still perfect.

“Excuse me where is your pans?” a voice asked behind us. I turn around quickly to see an older women holding Woohyun’s blue book.

Her grey hair was placed in a messy bun that went every which way. She was wearing a brown dress with a grey shawl. To be honest she reminded me very much of my grandmother.

“What’s going on?” I turn to look at Sungyeol.

“Oh she is the owner of the tree her name is Lee Sunwoo.” Sungyeol shrugged like it was nothing.

“What?” I snapped at him then I turn my attention to the women. “I’m sorry!” I said in Japanese as I bowed.

“Oh dear I'm from Korea,” she said in Korean. “About the tree it's okay I wasn’t really going to use it. After all my kids are overseas for Christmas,” the woman sighed crossing her arms.

“Oh,” I frown then I looked at Sungyeol then back to the woman. “Sorry if this sounds rude but why are you here exactly?”

Sungyeol opened his mouth but Sunwoo began to speak again. “Well Sungyeol told me about what you’re doing for your friend and I offered to help cook dinner.”

“She use to live in America too,” Sungyeol added. “She told me that she knows how to cook a American style dinner!”

“But I was going to cook, “I pointed out. Surely it was better than having a complete stranger in our dorm.

“It’s quite fine,” the woman smiled warmly which almost put all my worries to ease.

“But,” I frowned as I looked at my members. “We a-are you know…”

“Oh honey don’t worry I don’t care that you are celebrities,” the women laughed. “I’m almost in my seventies I’m not interested in silly things. Plus it would do a old women some joy to cook for you boys.”

“Well-“

“Thanks now can anyone tell me where the pots are I need to get the potatoes going,” she asked the group as she placed two hands on her side.

“I’ll help you,” Sungjong volunteered as he led the women into the kitchen.

I prayed that we didn’t just allow a killer to make us dinner or worst some stalker fan.

I swallowed hard as irrational thoughts clouded my mind. She was going to kill us and put us in a stew wasn’t she!

“So your balls are weird?” Hoya smirked breaking me away from my thoughts.

“Shut up!” I snapped at him threw my body down on to the couch.

“I can’t wait to tell Woohyun about this,” Hoya added causing me to glare at him again.

Right Woohyun…

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall it read 10:24.

I can’t believe that he was still asleep.

“He was up late last night,” Hoya told me as if he read my mind. “He was getting things together for today.”

“Oh,” I mumbled to myself then I turn my attention back to the tree.

Dongwoo was on his tippy toes reaching for a glass ball.

“YAH!” I shouted at the member. “Don’t you dare touch that!”

“Hyung,” a voice called.

I looked to my right to see Sungjong standing by my side.

“Ahh what do you need Sungjong is Sunwoo doing okay?”

“Aw yes she’s fine but Hyung,” Sungjong bounced back and forth on his feet. “But...”

“What is it Sungjong?”

Sungjong was never one to hold back his thoughts.

“It’s just well thank you for doing this for Woohyun. I know you don’t like getting festive around the holidays but thank you for doing this. He is really going to like this,” Sungjong confessed.

“I’m not just doing this for hi-“

CRASHH

The sounds of glass breaking echoed throughout the dorm.

“DONGWOO!” I shouted turning around to see that member was surrounded by glass.

“Hoya go get my camera I want to film a new movie!” Sungyeol shouted as he placed his fingers together to create a frame. “We can call it the dinosaur games! One wrong move and his foot comes off!

“I’m going to lose my foot!” Dongwoo cried.

Myungsoo smacked Sungyeol in the back of his head. “Stop being a jerk!”

“Don’t cry Dongwoo,” Sungjong ran to the member.

“I’ll go get a broom,” Myungsoo replied running to the kitchen.

“I'm surprised he's not up now,” Hoya looked at the door.

I bite the corner of my lip as the members surrounded Dongwoo trying to calm him down. He should be up by now and every part of me wanted to run inside his room but I knew it would only ruin the surprise.

“Hey who want to watch a movie,” I called to the group hoping that it would somewhat distract me.

Hell what was I talking about nothing could distract me from him not when I knew he was going to die again.

It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon when we heard loud scream echoing through the dorm.

I shot up from my sleep holding onto my chest. “’I’m innocent,” I sputtered out.

 

_________

 

A door slammed open and for a minute I thought someone was coming to arrest me for showing my family jewels.

“WHY DIDN’T ANYONE WAKE ME U-“ Woohyun paused staring around the decorated Christmas tree. His white shirt was hanging from one shoulder as his bed hair went every which way. There were still little crusties that cling to his eyes.

“What happen,” Woohyun sighed as his eyes left the tree to look at the members who were laying around the living room.

“We decorated too,” Dongwoo added pointing to the random lights and tinsel that hung around the room.

“When,” he asked looking at us. His eyes were glaze over as if he was about to cry.

“This morning,” I answered for him. “We got up this morning and did it.”

“We also made tons of cookies for the fans!” Sungjong added.

“Cookies?” Woohyun looked confused. “But how did you guys know?”

“Sunggyu,” Sungjong pointed to me. “He planned it all out.”

“You did?” Woohyun raised an eyebrow.

I ran a hand through my hair suddenly embarrassed. “Yeah well I knew you wanted a perfect day so…”

“But you were just complain last night that we should be practicing,” Woohyun pointed out.

“Well many things can happen in one night,” I replied.

“Oh good you're awake,” a woman’s voice said as Sunwoo exited the kitchen.

Woohyun let out a small shout as he covered his man s. “Who are you!? Who let you in!”

“Woohyun calm down,” Sungjong placed his hands up as if Woohyun was going to fight the old women. “Her name is Sunwoo and she is here to help us make dinner.”

“Ah you are handsome fellow!” Sunwoo clapped her hands together smiling.

“Ah thanks?” Woohyun said unsurely.

“Well honey why don’t you go take a shower and get dress,” the women smiled warmly. “Dinner will be done in a bit.”

“But I don’t understand,” Woohyun sighed.

“Don’t worry he’s a bit slow,” Sungyeol joked from the couch.

“I don’t think so he looks very smart and talente-” the woman stopped abruptly when she saw our faces. “Uhh I’m just going to finish cooking.”

“Did you really let in that crazy woman?” Woohyun whispered when Sunwoo had disappeared.

“Probably,” Hoya replied. “Don’t worry she’ll kill you first.”

I rolled my eyes then looked at Woohyun who was still half dressed. “Just go take a shower and we will explain everything later.”

“Bu-“

“Just go before he flashes you,” Hoya laughed looking down at his magazine.

“Flash me?” Woohyun looked at the members confused. “What did I miss?”

“Nothing!” my face turning bright red. “Just go take a shower! Okay!!!”

 

_________

 

We were sitting around the table almost too full to move.

“We need to hire her,” Dongwoo sighed rubbing his stomach.

“If she says no I can kidnap her,” Sungyeol pointed out as he lean back in his chair with his eyes closed.

“I feel like I’m going to die,” Myungsoo whined as his head rested against the table.

“Dessert?” Sungjong came out with a small cake decorated in white frosting.

The members gave one look at the cake and let out moans of protest.

“No more,” Dongwoo shouted covering his mouth.

“Take it away I’m going to throw up,” I snapped in his direction.

“And this is what happens when you guys don’t pace yourself,” Woohyun walked into the living room holding a brown box.

“What is that?” I asked sitting up.

“Oh this,” Woohyun looked down at the box. “Just something small I’m sending to my mom. Akihiko is at the office and he said that he would drop it off at the post office.”

“But you can’t leave” I shot up from my chair.

Why couldn’t the Japanese manager just meet Woohyun here? Why did he have to leave again?

Woohyun gave me a confused. “ I’ll be back in a couple of minutes!”

“But you can’t,” I yelled causing Woohyun to frown. He’s wearing the same face he always wore before he…

“Listen just wait here there is something I need to grab!” I told him running towards my bedroom.

If you must go then let me give you one last gift.

 

_________

 

I ran out to the small dining room expecting Woohyun to be there but instead it was only my members who were now consuming the cake.

“Where is Woohyun?” I asked pausing at the table.

“He left,” Dongwoo said then he shoved another chunk of cake in his mouth.

“No.”

My heart dropped as I took off running towards the staircase where Woohyun would always be waiting.

You little brat Nam Woohyun you better not leave before I can tell you.

You have to know before you leave-

I ran down the staircase pleading that I wasn’t out of time but there he was walking in front of me humming a song cheerfully.

“Woohyun wait,” I called for him stopping at the second floor landing.

“Sunggyu?” he looked at me confused. “Do you need something?”

“No I mean I want you to have this,” I handed Woohyun the small box that was wrapped in gold.

“But we promised each other not to give gifts this year,” Woohyun complained but he still took the box.

“I actually got it a while ago,” I admitted. “I was going to give you it when we debut but…”

I thought it was too girly of a gift so I threw it in the back of my closet. For some reason it had ended in my suitcase, which I still couldn’t understand.

“You bought this,” Woohyun asked smiling. “Is this a prank or are you actually being nice?”

“Just open it,” I retorted.

Woohyun shook his head but he still open the box and for once in his life he was speechless.

In the box was a silver treble clef barely an inch tall and on one corner of the clef a date was inscribed.

June 9 2010.

Our debut date.

“It’s…beautiful,” Woohyun smiled taking it out of the box.

“I have one too,” I told him as I pulled out a necklace from my pocket. It was made with a darker metal shaped as a crescent with a little gap at the corner.

“It fits together,” I told him as I took Woohyun’s necklace and placed them together to form a solid round coin.

“Whoa,” Woohyun smiled but then he looked at me. “But why didn’t you give it to me sooner I would have loved it!”

“Oh yeah well be-“

Buzz.

Woohyun let out a sigh as he pulled out his phone.

“Actually can you tell me later I have to go before Akihiko kill me,” Woohyun told me as he took back his necklace.

“Thanks Sunggyu I’ll wear it everyday,” Woohyun smirked as he started down at it.

“B-“

“I’ll see you in a bit,” Woohyun waved. “Please make sure Dongwoo doesn’t break the tree or eat all the cookies! I’ll see you in a hour.”

Then he started to walk down the stair towards his death.

“Please,” I grabbed his hand looking into his brown eyes. “Please don’t go.”

“Sunggyu I’ll be ba-“

“You always say that,” I snapped at him as tears started to form in my eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Woohyun looked at me confused. “You’ve been so weird lately and nice..”

“I’m always nice,” I retorted.

“If you lie Santa will give you coal,” Woohyun pointed out placing a hand on his hip.

“And if I tell the truth will he give me you?”

The smile on Woohyun’s face dropped, as his eyes grew wide in shock.

Then I leaned forward taking everything in, his scar, his sharp nose, his rosy cheeks, and the confused face he wore so well. My lips touch his and like before they were rough but yet soft.

If it was possible I poured everything into that kissed to show how much cared. How I needed him to stay that I need him to be by my side. I knew it was selfish to make him stay even if it was his destiny for him to die. I just couldn’t let him go.

I pulled away as he took a deep breath of annoyance? Anger? Relief?

“Sung-“

“Listen Woohyun,” interrupted him because I needed to tell him everything before it was too late. “That necklace I wanted to give it to you not because we are friends but because I like you. It took me a while to figure it out but I like you Nam Woohyun. From your brown hair to your white feet you have to be mine. I never imagine myself without you Woo and I don’t think I can either. I tried to block you out of my heart but I kept hearing your voice because I belong to you and I wished you belonged to me. The necklace I gave you is a treble clef it’s what starts a new line in music. I gave it to you because every day I want to spend a new and exciting day with you.”

When Woohyun didn’t reply I kept on speaking. “My necklace is the moon because I will always be watching over you even if I’m not near.  Do you understand what I’m saying Nam Woohyun?”

“Why?” He asked scanning my face. “Why me?”

“I don’t know,” I replied. “Maybe because it’s you and honestly I understand if you never want to speak to me again. I attacked you like a foo-“

Bang.

The box that Woohyun held on tightly was now on the ground.

“Woohy-”

Woohyun’s lip clashed onto mine as his arms wrapped themselves around my waist pulling me into his body.

When Woohyun’s lips left mine my whole body felt warm as if I was full of hot chocolate and marshmallows.

“You’re an idiot,” Woohyun scoffed resting his head against my shoulder.

Then suddenly the world around us went black and for second I thought the lights turn off. Then I realized it wasn’t the lights that went off it was me. No it wasn’t me it was that angel.

No! No! He didn’t die!

I can’t repeat this day again I can’t.

It’s not fair.