Late Night Dessert

Late Night Dessert

You sat on a wooden bench, the wood creaking softly under your weight. You pushed the round button and your phone's screen lit up brightly. The time displayed is 8:00 pm and there was a flood of unimportant notifications.

You sighed and pushed the side button, the screen turned black immediately. The occasional cars that passed by caused a gush of wind, making the edge of your dress flutter. You checked your phone again and it started to buzz.

The picture of your boyfriend in his winter outfit flashed on your device. He was wearing a black beanie and there was a fluff of fur all around his neck. He had his signature grin on this face and you could see the creases at the side of this eyes.

You pressed the green phone icon. "MIN YOONGI...where are you?! I'm here freezing my off and you're god-knows-where." There were chuckles at the other end of the line. "I'm so sorry babe, I'm reaching soon." "You better." "Okay babe. I'll see ya soon."

Just as the call ended, you saw a Range Rover pulling up. Yoongi rolled down the window and shouted, "Hey, guess who's finally here?" You laughed as you went to the other side. You tugged on the handle and as the door opened, there was a blast of warm air that surrounds you. You got in and could immediately smell Yoongi's cologne. It has a lemony citrus and a tinge of sweetness.
 
"
Hey babe." You leaned in and gave Yoongi a light kiss on his lips.

"So...where are you going to take me?"

"It's a mystery but I know you'll love it."

"It better be worth it."

The sky was already a lavender blue and the street lamps illuminated the road. There were occasional cars here and there but it was relatively smooth. The light from the car console lit up the interior of the car. Soothing jazz music is playing from the stereo and Yoongi had both hands on the wheel, staring straight ahead. You clasped both your hands together and placed them on your thighs.

"Babe, you hungry?"

"Yeah, I'm actually really hungry right now..."

Yoongi lifted one of his hands off the steering wheel and reached towards your hands. His palm engulfed yours, enveloping your icy fingers in warmth.

"Say...do you want to eat food that I make?"

You whirled your head to face Yoongi in astonishment but because you turned too quickly, there is a burning sensation in your neck. You hissed in pain and applied pressure to the back of your neck.

"Woah...slow down babe... I didn't know you'll be that surprised that I can actually cook..."

You turned your head towards him slowly this time and exclaimed, "What about all those times where you practically forced me to cook even after a long day at work?!"

Yoongi had a sheepish smile and he said guiltily, "Ah...that was because I was lazy..."

Your eyes widen in disbelief and you just stared at him.

"Min Yoongi, you're unbelievable. You should be thankful that I love you..."

He turned and looked at you seriously, "y/n, I am honestly grateful that I have you as my girlfriend."

You were taken aback by how serious he became. Your face started to heat up and it was turning into a shade of pink.

"Thankfully it is dark in here...or he'll tease me for days," You thought to yourself.
 
Yoongi braked at the side of the road and gestured for you to follow him. He went to the back of the car and pulled out a bunch of thick blankets.

"Babe, could you get the wine and that basket?"

"Sure!"

You gingerly picked up the basket and picked up the neck of the wine bottle. Yoongi pressed a button on the car remote to lock it. You trailed behind Yoongi, who was now walking up a slight slope.

The two of you reached the top of the hill and the view was incredible. There was red specs scattered all over the road and occasional spheres of pale yellow light from the streetlamps. Yoongi laid down the blankets on the grass and knee on it to smoothen the blankets. You placed the basket and wine at the side of the blanket and leaned on Yoongi's bent-over back. Yoongi leaned to the side and made you fall onto the soft blankets. You started giggling as Yoongi lay down beside you.

The air was cold and you could see the mist form with every breath you take. You shivered a little and Yoongi wrapped a blanket around you.

"Here, babe, let me bring out the food before it turns cold."

He reached into the basket and pulled out a box. He opened the lid and the smell of steamed rice wafted into your nose. You sat up immediately and looked at him in anticipation.

He scooped a bowl of rice with sesame in it and hand it to you. He then took another box out and opened it. There were Gunmandu, Korean fried dumplings. You used your hand and took a piece. You started munching on it as Yoongi opened another box and it was Kalbi, Korean BBQ Beef Ribs. You felt as if you were in heaven. You were stuffing mouthfuls of food into your mouth to satisfy your hunger. Yoongi saw your enthusiasm and started to laugh. You looked at him with cheeks full of food and smiled. Both of you started to eat dinner as the sun begin to disappear under the outline of the city landscape.
 
By the time all that's left in the boxes is scraps of leftovers, you had your back on the ground and was so full.

"Oh man...Yoongi, you need to cook more often... It was so amazing..."

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling the crisp evening air. "Babe, you know what time it is?" You opened your eyes and turned to you side, facing Yoongi while propping your head up with your arm.

"What?"

He reached into the bag and pulled out a small box that is elaborately decorated.

"Happy anniversary babe~ Here your favorite cheesecake."

You covered your mouth as your eyes started to sting. Your nose tingled and your lips trembled.

"You...you remembered?"

Yoongi placed down the box and pulled you towards him. You encircled his waist with your arms and buried your face into this chest. He gently pats your back in comfort and kissed your hair.

"Babe, you okay now? Want to eat dessert now?"

You nodded your head and rubbed your eyes.

"Oh man, I'm so thankful that I didn't wear any make-up today..."

As he opened the box, Yoongi said, "You're beautiful anyway."

He scooped a spoonful of cheesecake and fed it to you. It melted in your mouth and the crumbs at the bottom were crunchy. It was unlike any you've ever tasted.

"So...how's it? I actually made it by myself."

"It's so delicious!"

"Yoongi, you know what would make it better?"

He raised his eyebrows questionably. You grabbed the bottle of wine and popped it open.

"Here..."

He took it and ate a bite of the cheesecake before drinking a little of wine. His eyes widen in amazement as an explosion of flavors occurred in his mouth.
 
Empty boxes and fallen leaves surrounded the two of you. You turned your head to face Yoongi. He was looking up into the night sky and you could see his eyelids flutter close. The gentle evening breeze lifted a dandelion and it landed on Yoongi's gray hair. You picked off the dandelion and blew on it. It floated off the tip of your finger and is carried away by the wind. Yoongi opened his eye and was staring at you with his obsidian eyes. You ran your fingers on his jaw, tracing the outline of his face. He had his arms around your waist, using his thumbs to gently caress.

You placed your hand on his chest and teasingly his ears with your tongue. He wiggled his fingers on your waist, making you squeal from the ticklish sensation.

He then whispered, "Babe, Let's go...I have one last place to show you."

He then sat up and pushed himself up from the soft blankets. He offered his hand to you and you reached out, curling your hand around his. He tugged you up, making you fall into his chest. You punched his chest lightly as you regained your balance and he laughed, exposing his gums.

As you bend down to pick up all the empty boxes to throw away, you couldn't help tensing your cheeks and curling the sides of your mouth upwards. Yoongi was rolling the blankets up and picked them up, brushing off the loose pieces of grass that cling onto the surface of the blanket. He slipped his hand into yours and the both of you returned to the car to set out for the mysterious final destination.

"Can we have 1 vanilla cone?"

We went to the drive-thru window and handed the cashier the money. The cashier returned with the cone in her hands and you grabbed the bottom of the cone. You offered the cone to Yoongi as he drove but smashed the cone into his nose when he leaned forward to .

"Y/N!?"

You cracked up in laughter as you see him with a confused expression on his face and his nose covered in white. You then leaned towards him and the ice cream off. You then used a tissue to wipe off the remaining sticky cream while sniffling your giggles. The two of you took turns the cream and biting off the wafer from the cone.

The sky was pitch black and the towering buildings around you were lit from the tiny lights from each interior rooms. There were many people on the streets, some taking in the view while some having a agenda to follow. Yoongi slowed down and turned into a carpark. He found an empty lot and places his arm behind your seat as he reversed.

As he maneuvered the car into the lot, he brushed his hands over your hair accidentally, causing the both of you burst into laughter. He finally parked the car in the right spot and pulled on the break. You tugged on the handle and placed your legs on the ground. You were immediately attacked by the chilly night breeze so you rubbed your arms desperately to generate some heat. Yoongi saw that and he took off his oversized black bomber jacket and placed it over your shoulder.
 
"So...where else are you taking me?"

"Come...Let me bring you there."

He took your hands and brought you onto a wooden boardwalk. The boats bobbing up and down in the Han river came into view.

"Yoongi...What is the meaning of this?"

He stopped and faced you before saying, "Babe, I rented a yacht just for tonight to give you a tour of Seoul from a different angle. Are you okay with it?"

You squealed due to the excitement within your chest and threw you arms around his neck. 

"Yes! Oh my god...this is the first time I'm on a boat! I'm so excited!"

There were strands of fairy lights dangling off the railings leading down to the floating platforms. You tightened you grip around Yoongi's hands as you walked down the ramp. The yacht was lit by bright neon blue light.

"Baby, careful of the gap."

You carefully walked over the gap and you could see the water in the gap. You walked up a few steps and finally, you were on the yacht. It looked so beautiful in the interior, with white leather seats and shiny granite tables. You're simply in awe as you looked around you. Yoongi gave a thumbs up to the captain and led you out to the front. The engine started to run and you saw the boat depart from the docks.

 
"Look up."
 
You strained your neck and looked into the sky. It was a perfect night. There was no clouds and just twinkling stars. As the distance between the city and us increased, the clearer the stars become. Yoongi slipped his arms around your stomach and leaned his head on your shoulder. He nuzzled his nose in your hair to get to your neck. You're surrounded by him and at that moment, it was the happiest moment in your life.
 
"Min Yoongi, I love you."
 
"Y/n, I love you more."