Missing You

Missing You

This very very short one-shot story was made by me since 2014, when news of Mingming left Seventeen and Pledis rose. Originally a prologue of a 10-20 chapter story but decided to post this as a one-shot. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“How many times should I tell you that you look so ugly with that long face? You get old faster than those people who are in their 40s.” I put my phone back on my phone when Seokmin talk and sit beside me. I didn’t look at him instead, staring on the sky filled with white clouds.

“You do miss my hug, don’t you?” I stared at him with curiosity. What the heck is he talking about? Like he read my mind, he speak again “That face. I really know that face. That face was the face I saw 6 months ago. Same place, same bench, same face, same person. That person’s face was so terribly bad. She looks so ugly with tears on her so-so face…” I was about to react when he stop me by putting his hand on my mouth, then he continued “…Shh, I’m not done yet. So where am I again? Oh yeah, with tears on her so-so face. I have no idea how to comfort her so I hug her. Didn’t know my hug is that comforting eh?”

I pushed his hand off from my mouth, “Yah, you---“ I was about to attack punches on him when he stood up, ran and shouted “Kidding. Don’t punch me or manager will kill you”

“I am not in the mood for jokes right now, Seokmin-ah” I said.

“You’re thinking of him again. Why don’t you move-on already? It’s been already one year since he left and yet you can’t get over with him?” I didn’t reply instead, tears are falling from eyes. These eyes, they don’t get tired, do they? I duck my face and wipe my tears.

I heard Seokmin’s footsteps coming and stopped infront of me. He hold my chin and make me face him. He sighed then hugged me, reason why my tears are flowing again. “Cry. Cry as much as you can. If it possible, pour out all of your tears so they won’t fall again. Cry until you don’t feel the pain.”

I put my hand around him too and cry and cry. “I don’t what to do anymore Seokmin-ah. It hurts so much. We promised to each other that we will never going to leave each other but he broke it.” He’s tapping my back while talking. “I missed him so much Seokmin-ah”

He then broke the hug and stared at my face. I feel so shy since I know I look crap right now. “Tss. You really look so ugly when you cry.”

“Yah, Seokmin-ah” I was getting so emotional here right now then here he is making fun of me. Typical Seokmin right. I got surprised when he put his two index fingers on the ends of my lips and pushed it upwards to make me look like I’m smiling.

“You should look like this always. A smile suits you better. The next time I see you with that long ugly face again, I promise you to pinch you using laundry pins.” I smack his hand and giggle. He is really a moodmaker. Every time one of his friends is feeling down, he’s trying his best to cheer them up.. “You know, you’re not the only one who got hurt when he left. I am his friend too. We, together the other guys, too. Don’t be too sad, I know he do have reasons why he left without telling goodbyes to us personally.”

“You think so?” I smiled when he nodded. His phone buzzed and I know who texted him. “You should go now or Manager-nim will punish you again.”

“You’ll be okay here?” he asked then I nodded. He was about to leave when I grabbed his hand and said “Thank you, Seokmin-ah.”

He ruffled my hair and bid a goodbye to me. With that gesture made by Seokmin reminds me of him. He always does it to me. One year passed, but the sadness and loneliness I feel has still not subsided.

I walked near the railings, watching the beautiful overview of Seoul. I smiled. I am not the Shin Aera I knew but then, my friends still treat me the same. They tried their best to make me smile, to bring back the old me. “You’re stupid, Aera” I said to herself. I touched the pendant of my necklace, the necklace that I have been wearing for a year, the necklace the the last thing he give to me. “I wish Seokmin is right, that you have acceptable reason why you left. I wish you’ll contact me soon too. I miss you, Mingming-ah.”