Final

Jealous

It's been 6 months since Jihoon and Seungcheol broke up. 

 

Their break up wasn't the dramatic kind, like when one cheats and they get in a fight and they break up.

 

Nope. Their break up was pretty simple. They went to their room talked about how things have changed, talked about how they have drifted apart and then decided that it would be best to just go their separate ways.

 

The past six months have been pretty quiet for Jihoon's liking. 

 

He still does his daily routine; wake up, take a bath, make breakfast, eat, go to school, study, go home, publish a new chapter, sleep and repeat. It has always been like that. But before it was much more fun, with Seungcheol's sappy comments, with Seungcheol's surprise hugs, with Seungcheol's everything.

 

It just seems so dull living in their apartment all alone.

 

It just doesn't feel like a home anymore. It feels empty and hollow.

Oh how he misses that dork that used to be his. 

 

And to top it all, he can't find the inspiration to complete his stories. Usually he'd just sit in front of the computer and then type away. He never understood how writer's block works because ideas always pop out of his mind. Which is why he's pretty famous online.

 

Jihoon is a famous online writer that goes by the name Woozi. Only Soonyoung, Seungcheol and Seungkwan knew. 

 

Soonyoung because they were bestfriends since forever, Seungkwan because he just knows everything, and Seungcheol because he was his boyfriend.

 

Jihoon has written stories that everyone loved. Everyone in his school loved his stories but of course they didn't know it was him. He finds it very amusing to watch the other students that ignore him, be so engrossed into his story. 

 

It's very touching to see them enjoy his stories. To see them giggle at the things his characters do. To cry when one of his character die, well not all of them cry when a character die. Some would curse at him and some just won't give up.

 

Jihoon clearly remembers that one time when he decided to kill the main character's best friend. The very next day, this one girl just stood there in the middle of the cafeteria while holding her phone, and she just announced he message for me right there.

 

She went like; "You may hay have killed my favourite character but you will never kill my spirit or my love for them or my ability to talk about them for an irritatingly long amount of time or my ability to come up with increasingly implausible explanations for how they really survived."

 

She got after school detention for it tho. 

 

After that happened Seungcheol and Soonyoung ran to him and just laughed. They ran all the way from across the cafeteria to laugh. 

 

He misses those times. Those times when the three of them were inseparable. 

 

They hanged out everytime they could, tho sometimes Soonyoung would go run off somewhere because as he said ;

 

"I do not want to be forever the third wheel/ in this relationship. I know you guys want to have moments with just the two of you and that's okay with me."

 

Oh how he wants to turn back time. That's actually why he writes up until now. 

 

Back then he used to write because he enjoys it, because it's his passion. No it's not just because of that.

Sure those are still some of the reasons but now he writes stories to heal what has been hurt, to change fates design, to save what has been lost and to bring back what once was his.

 

But of course things doesn't work that way. What has been hurt will never heal, fates design will never change, what has been lost shall never be saved and what was once his will never come back. It hurts but it's the truth.

 

Seems like fate only brought them together to remind them that love is not forever.

 

You see Jihoon didn't actually want to break up with Seungcheol.

 

He didn't even want to drift away.

 

He wanted them to be together forever. He wanted them to live a happy life. To get married one day and adopt kids. He wanted them to grow old with each other and watch as their kids get married and have kids of their own. 

 

He wanted all of those but sadly he can't get them.

 

Because Jihoon had an accident when he was a kid. He accidentally hit the back of his head at the metal pipe behind their house at Busan. 

 

That caused his brain cells to deteriorate faster than it's regeneration. Tho the deterioration has been slowed down because of the medication he takes, the damage is still there. 

 

Recently he's been having trouble with remembering things and he fears that Seungcheol might get worried and he might get sad when his condition worsens, so he tried to ignore Seungcheol, he started busying himself even more just to avoid interaction with Seungcheol. 

 

He wanted a barrier to be set up between them so that when the time comes that he won't even remember how to walk, Seungcheol wouldn't be sad.

 

Jihoon is absolutely sure that Seungcheol wouldn't be sad anymore because they already broke up. That's good. Now Seungcheol would be able to move on and be happy.

 

Now the only problem is Soonyoung. He has always been there. He still remembers when they were kids they used to call their duo 'Tho Amazing SoonHoon'. Well actually Soonyoung just thought of that and Jihoon wasn't really thrilled about the name.

 

Jihoon knows that Soonyoung is strong. He's been through so much and even when he has problems of his own he still managed to smile and reassure me when things get tough.

 

/knock knock/

 

"Jihoonie?"

 

"Yea Soonyoung?"

 

" My mum got sick and I have to go home and take care of her. Would you be alright by yourself?" Soonyoung asked.

 

"I'll be fine Soonyoung, I hope auntie gets well soon. Send her my regards." Jihoon replied.

 

" I will. I'll be back in a week or so. Take care of yourself. Sleep early. Don't forget to eat 3 times a day and brush your teeth afterwards. Always lock the door or the thief might come. I filled the fridge with food, just reheat them when you get hungry okay? Also-" 

 

"I get it mom. Just go already."

 

"I was just saying Hoonie. I better get going now. Don't forget everything I said okay? Take care bye bye." Soonyoung said as he went away.

 

Soonyoung is really like a mum to Jihoon. He takes care of Jihoon and usually does the chores. Jihoon can manage tho. It's just for a week.

 

" Great. Just great. Wonwoo just have to forget his book here. Aiish" Jihoon said as he went out of the apartment to the garage. Wonwoo left the book he was reading earlier this day when he and Mingyu went over. 

 

Now Jihoon had to go to Wonwoo's to give the book back because he's going crazy without the book. It must be a really good one 'Me Before You'. Jihoon makes a mental note of that as he will buy a copy of his own.

 

Just as he was about to drive through a corner a car suddenly comes out of nowhere and swivels to his direction.

 

He was too shocked to move and before he knew it, the car came crashing to his and he saw spots of black until it covered all of his vision.

 

When he woke up he was at an unfamiliar place. It was all white and he could hear at slow and steady beeping sound from the side. 

 

He then felt someone holding his hand. It was a guy whom he didn't know, but he did seem familiar.

 

He is wearing a waiter's uniform and his name tag says Seo- Seungcheol.

 

The name seems familiar as well but he doesn't seem to recall knowing someone with that name.

 

The Seungcheol guy woke up.

 

"Jihoonie? Jihoonie! You're awake! You don't know how worried I was when Wonwoo called me and told me that you were in the hospital! Don't worry Soonyoung'll be here soon as well. I already called him."  The guy, Seungcheol babbled on and on about how worried he was.

 

" Seungcheol ssi?" Jihoon said.

 

"I'm sorry Seungcheol ssi but I can't seem to recall having to have met you." Jihoon stated at the now wide eyed Seungcheol.

 

"W-what? J-Ji I'm Cheollie? Don't you remember? I'm y-your. I'm your ex." Seungcheol said. He seemed pained when he said the word 'ex'. 

 "My ex. I'm really sorry Seungcheol ssi but I really don't recall you." Jihoon said as he really didn't know who Seungcheol was and he was starting to get scared because a stranger is claiming to be his ex boyfriend. Anyone would feel scared, really.

 

"JI!" Shouted Soonyoung as he suddenly entered the room. His timing is great to be honest. 

 

"Oh my gawd! My baby Ji! Are you alright? Does anything hurt? Are you okay? What were you doing driving at night like that! You could have died! Jihoon are you even listening!?" Soonyoung just exploded with questions and Jihoon just didn't bother listening.

 

"Calm down Soonyoung you're overreacting. And what driving? I'm 15 years old aka a minor and I don't own a car. Are you out of your mind? By the way, who is this guy?" He said as he montioned to Seungcheol.

 

To say that Soonyoung was surprised would be the biggest understatement of the year. He was beyond shocked, beyond surprise. Words can't even explain just how shocked he is. Fortunately numbers can; 100/5 that's a lot.

 

That being said. Jihoon forgot about everything Seungcheol and him did.

Now Soonyoung and Jihoon are trying to remember while Seungcheol decided that it would be best to stay away.

 

"Jihoon had post traumatic amnesia. Well it's anterograde ctually. He won't remember anything that happened after a certain time. His memories will also reset everytime he wakes up." 

 

"Is there anything we can do about it doc? Anything to make him regain his memories?" Soonyoung asked.

 

"Well you could try to go to places that are memorable for him and make him slowly remember. But knowing that his brain is already damaged as it is, remembering could actually kill him."

"So what do you want us to do!? Just do nothing!?" Seungcheol said.

 

"With his current state. Yes. That would be the best course of action."

 

"No..NO! You can't do this! There must be a way! Jihoon- he's very important to me.. You can't-"

 

"Cheol I know this is hard but-"

 

"Hard Soonyoung? This isn't just hard for me. It's painful- devastating even! And don't tell me to stay strong because you don't know what I'm feeling! You're not the one being forgotten by the one you love most-" 

 

"If you loved him that much then why did you go?" Soonyoung asked in a serious tone.

 

"Why Seungcheol!? He was happy with you-"

 

"HE pushed ME away-"

 

"I KNOW WHAT HE DID! I know. But if you really loved him why did you let him go? Why weren't you there when he needed you? Why didn't you notice that something was wrong? You should have been there for him Cheol. He needed you." Soonyoung said before he stormed off.

 

After that argument Seungcheol decided that it would be better to just leave them alone for now. Not fully leave tho. 

 

He sends letter to Jihoon every week. Asking if he was fine, saying sorry for everything and expressing his love. 

Jihoon, whose memories reset everyday, doesn't understand what the sender is saying so he just brushes them off. He just stacks them at his desk, not knowing who C.S was.

 

Then all of a sudden Soonyoung realised that the letters stopped.

Jihoon is still clueless about all these. 

Soonyoung left to check on Seungcheol when he recieved a message from Wonwoo saying that Seungcheol is in the hospital. 

 

Jihoon stayed home, rereading all the letters and trying to remember.

He then sees a memory card in one of his drawers. 

 

He opens it and sees pictures and videos of him and another guy. He looks at them and he feels a warm sensation wash over him.

Until a tear escapes from his eyes. He remembered. 

 

He remembered Seungcheol, his love, his life.

 

Seungcheol, the on he loves most.

 

Caring, sweet, kind and sappy Seungcheol.

 

His Seungcheol. He remembers.

He rushes out the door and gets in the car. Driving as fast as he can because he also remembered hearing Soonyoung said that he was going to the hospital to check on Seungcheol.

 

He ignores the pain in his head and continues on. When he arrived, he ran to where his friends are, panting he asks;

 

"C-cheol... Where's Cheol? " 

 

His friends stare at him in shock. Their amnesiac friend remembers. Soonyoung then gets worried, remembering is dangerous for him after all.

 

 

"Seungcheol he-"

 

Wonwoo was cut off when the doctor went out of the operating room and the red light died off.

 

" How is he?" They ask.

 

The doctor then looked at them in the eyes. He then sadly shakes his head.

Gasp filled the place and tears were shed.

 

"When he got here he was already dying. He lost too much blood. We couldn't have done anything. I'm sorry." The doctor said as he bowed to them and left.

 

 THUD

 

"JIHOON!"

 

A few months after. Soonyoung sat watching the sky and hearing the birds chirp.

 

Knowing that his two friends are happy together up there, a tear escaped his eyes and continued watching the sky.

 

He smiled sadly and sang.

 

It's hard for me to say

 

I'm jealous of the way

 

You're happy without me

 

~~°°••°°••°°~~ 

 

A/N: 

 

What the fudge am I doing to my life. 

 

I was actually really set on making this a long chaptered story, 30+ chapters and all that. 

But..

I got lazy..

Honestly, I don't find this story satisfactory and don't tell me that it's fine. It's really not.

I feel like this story is unfinished. I feel like it was supposed to be longer than this. I feel as if I'm publishing an unfinished story and putting is as complete, and that just . 

I also feel like the flow of the story is a bit messed up and the dialouges are weird and they seem as though they were rushed, and they really were. I just wanted to publish something and that's why I'm publishing this. 

 

So yeah. Basically this story is NOT good and I'm sorry for that. This is actually more like a messed up summary of what I intended to write. 

To anyone who's willing to write a longer and more complete version of this story that would be cool. You could just hit me up and we'll talk about the characters and plot, how I wanted them to be, they're pretty complex in the story that I wanted to write but yeah. The flow of the story too, let's talk about that and if you have ideas that's cool too. We do a collab and stuff. Just PM me, don't be afraid, I'm a pretty cool person I don't bite!

Any who thanks to everyone that actually read this until the end without cringing because of all the bull.

 

This is tons of crap but I hope you don't kill me for wasting your time!

 

Thanks so much for reading! Have an awesome day~