1/3 - 1st year

Love You Not

Ignorance is our deepest secret.”
 

 

*

 

Falling in love is one of the most exciting, rewarding and scariest things you could ever do.

 

Once you’re in love with someone, it’s hard to remember how you lived without that person. Of course you’re alive before you met this person, but you really didn’t start living until two of you met.

 

Everyone experiences love differently, and at different times. Even the meaning of love is extremely subjective, but say for certain that anyone who’s experienced it knows it’s the best feeling ever.

 

But how do you know that you are in love?

 

There are different kind of ways to know that you are in love. If you pay attention to how you feel or act around someone, you should be able to figure out whether you’re in love or not.

 

Some people know it the second they met the right person, how their heart thumping out of beat or how the person smile seem the brightest they ever see. Or how the spark in the person eyes send tingly feeling to the core and make the butterflies in their stomach dances.

 

Some people doesn’t get to experience those things, but they surely know that they are in love.

 

The strong feeling of affection in our heart for other person; google defined it as love. His parents called it love. His sister called it love. His friends called it love. Even his Changhyun called it love.

 

But Jonghyun called it bull.

 

So when it takes 3 seconds to fall in love, Jonghyun takes 3 years just to realize it.

 

 

**

 

 

First year.

 

It was in the middle of their first year of high school when Mr. Hwang-the bald English teacher didn’t straight goes to his usual routine of asking the student to open the textbook to whatever page he left before, instead he beckoned an round eyes boy that stood outside of the classroom to come in. That boy was quite short and wear a bubbly smile on his chubby face, despite his fidgety gesture.

 

The new boy’s smile for Jonghyun’s view seem overstretched and he wondered if that boy might need to see doctor afterward.

 

A 45 degree bow was presented to the whole class followed by a loud yet shy “My name is Yoo Changhyun. Please look after me.” Jonghyun swore he can saw the imaginary smiley face finished the introduction.

 

The ceremonial coos from the girls and cat whistled from the boys echoed in the not so big classroom. So much of a welcome. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

 

He noticed the pink shades on the boy’s cheeks when he tried to avert his attention away from the cute centre of attention. No, definitely not cute.

 

Jonghyun snorted.

 

Wait is that Sungjae ogling the new kid like a hungry hawk? Damn that erted pseudo brat.

 

“You stares too long.”

 

Jonghyun eyes darted from the chubby cheeks to a pair of thick lips. “What?”

 

“Just..you never really look at people more than 3 seconds. Is something catch your interest?” Niel’s asked. Simply out of curiosity.

 

He has known the enigma named Choi Jonghyun since in middle school. Most of the school population known the ice cold boy that also captain of school basketball team, the dance prodigy, the number one heart breaker – not that he is a player. It just Jonghyun don’t do relationship, and he doesn’t even care – when 90% girls and quite a number of boys of student in the school swooned over him.

 

The Jerk Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun shrugged before brought his gaze to outside of the room. “Those people are just too loud.”

 

 

**

 

 

Jonghyun’s eyebrows furrowed in annoyance as he gripped his phone harder. Flashy dance routines by a group of underground dancer played on the screen. He tried to study the dance moves but failed to no avail when Chanhee’s voice deafening to his ears.

 

His eyes moved menacingly across the table to the devil, whom busied talking animatedly to Byunghun.

 

“He’s so cute!” Chanhee chirped. “You guys should meet him.”

 

“Another boy’s toy?” Niel’s voice laced with mocking tone.

 

“Byunghyun is enough. Right baby?” Jonghyun noticed the uncomfortable shift in Byunghun stance when he tried to ignore the absurd remark from Chanhee. Poor guy.

 

“You guys are not a thing.” Minsoo stated the obvious.

 

“Yes, but we are two halves of a whole.”

 

“Dude, that’s gay.” The other four chorused in sync.

 

Chanhee rolled his eyes and looked at Niel and Minsoo. “You guys are.” Jonghyun smiled when Chanhee winked at the couple, whom shades of pink tainted their white complexion.

 

He ignored the commotion and walked to the centre of the practice room after tuned off his bickering teammates with the song blasted from the speaker.

 

“Guys, lets practice our new routine. With Leo injury, we need to make up a new routine to replace the last one. He might not be able to participate in our next competition.”

 

“Or we can just use the same routine and find new member to replace Leo.” Niel said as he dragged a sleepy Minsoo to the floor.

 

“Niel’s right! We can ask the cute guy I met before. He’s into dancing.”

 

Throwing a glance at Chanhee, Jonghyun voiced out. “Interest alone is not enough, hyung. We don’t know if he really can dance or not.”

 

“We can do an audition for him. Would be great if he is talented.”Byunghun supplied with eyes still on his phone.

 

“I know right. Jonghyun is such a cold fella.”

 

Jonghyun frowned. “Whatever hyung.”

 

“Great. I’ll bring him here tomorrow. And you can get to know him and fall in love and live happily ever after.” Jonghyun thrown his murderous glare to the chuckling blonde.

 

“Geez, sorry to burst your bubble but I am straight as ruler. So, shut up and bring your gay to practice, hyung.”

 

“Oh, I have once bended one straight ruler down.” The immature hyung shouted back the midst of blasting music, grinned ear to ear. Positioned himself behind the red faced Byunghun before got himself into the music.

 

Jonghyun swear if he can delete people from his life, Lee Chanhee will be the first.

 

That lousy mouth hyung.

 

 

**

 

The next day came with Chanhee bursting into the practice room with wicked grin plastered on his face and the new guy in tow. The new guy from his class, Yoo Changhyun.

 

To say that Jonghyun was surprised was quite understandable. First, because of the fact that it was the cute new guy from his class. Second, the new guy has talent for dancing and surprisingly, in the same par as him. Third, he don’t know why his lips stretched upward the moment the new guy came in the practice room. It was weird.

 

And, he concluded that something might gone wrong with his face muscles.

 

It took him the whole day of practice to found that Changhyun was an optimistic person, hardworking and eager to learn something new, someone with considerate manner, quite a big eater and love to makes puns joke. Some awkward puns jokes. But he laughed nonetheless. Because, the new guy was someone that reminded him of the brightness of the sun.

 

Unexpectedly, they clicked right away with him teaching Changhyun their dance routines and the latter discussing new dance moves with him. He was comfortable with Changhyun’s bright personality and his calm presence. Changhyun was loud and and sometimes too friendly but he also knows not to cross any line that shouldn’t be cross.

 

Their newfound friendship escalated too fast - not that he counted the moment. It just a month since the day Changhyun joined their dance team, and they are already close as being attach by hips. Thus, the whole school population unofficially announced them as the Best Bestfriend.

 

Who wouldn’t when the famous-cold-ice school jock only smile and laughing around the only person that was Yoo Changhyun.

 

Coincidentally their house was in the same area so that reasoned his action of come to school and go home together with Changhyun. He just rolled his eyes when the lousy Lee Chanhee gave him smug looks and his annoying smirks every times he waited for Changhyun after school if the latter have other school activities to attend.

 

Or when his other dance’s teammates exchanging knowing gazes and smiles each times Changhyun called him ‘Jonghyunnie’.

 

Or when Niel and Chanhee faked vomit the times he laughed way too much for a simple awkward snake sound imitation done by Changhyun.

 

That was the perks of having a best friend, right?

 

So, Jonghyun just shrugged off all their ridiculous antics and occasional cooing.

 

Just like how he shrugged off the weird tug in his heart when Changhyun smiled oh-so-brightly just for him.

 

 

 

**

 

 

Jonghyun knew Changhyun was a gay. The latter announced it to their group right on the first day he joined.

 

He don’t mind it at all. uality is one’s preference and he certainly not a homophobic. His other teammates also gay, except for him and Byunghun - because that hyung was one hell of a confusing fella.

 

Above all, he was okay with the fact that his best friend was gay.

 

So, when he was furiously chugged down a 2 liters of water in one go the moment Sungjae  came into their practice room and flirted with Changhyun (the whole school know Sungjae has a thing for Changhyun), he blamed it on the malfunction of the air conditioner.

 

He was so convinced that the burning feeling inside him was definitely because of the hotness of the room.

 

Nothing else.

 

That day, when Sungjae wanted to walk Changhyun home, he secretly suggested to their coach to prolong their dance practice.

 

His coach did and Sungjae walked away, alone.

 

Jonghyun smiled triumphantly while dance.

 

Well, whose responsibility to protect his best friend from that pseudo brat other than him.

 

Rigth.

 

Or so what his thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

A/N : Hope u guys enjoy this part 1 of the story. Feel free to comment and subscribe.

I love you guys ;))))))))