Chapter 21

Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t you think you were a bit too harsh?”

I looked away and brought out my brand new tracking pants out of my bag. Usually, I feel like a kid whenever I wear my new stuff for the first time. I feel excited or some sort. But today, I don’t even feel like going out of the locker rooms. I’m sure I’ll be meeting him.

“Don’t you think he went too far?” I told Shinyoung before wearing my pants. “Why are you always putting the blame on me?”

Damn, I couldn’t even sleep well last night. The guilt is killing me. And now, even my bestfriend is nagging me.

“He was just concerned” She replied but her words became a bit muffled since she was holding her hair tie by while her fingers combed her hair up to a ponytail.

“Why would he be?” I muttered and scoffed.

Shinyoung just smiled at me.

I closed my gym locker shut before sitting down on one of the benches. “What does that smile mean?”

“Depends” she shrugged. Then, she nodded towards the exit. “Come on”

I sighed and stood up.

“Okay, listen up!” Mr. Park bellowed and clapped his hands thrice to get everyone’s attention.

The whole class looked at him.

“Today, Mr. Jung will not be joining us” he announced.

I frowned. Why? Is he that angry at me?

“He said he’ll be busy as the president of the Photography Club” Mr. Park continued. “So, let’s all warm-up and review the steps he taught us so far”

And then the class started moving while I was still standing, trying to comprehend the situation.

Is he really trying to avoid me? I know that he knows that he can’t do that forever.

Heck, I even prepared myself for meeting him today.

“Hey” Shinyoung nudged my by her elbow. “Are you still alive?”

I nodded and immediately started warming up, taking my mind off that guy. “Of course, I am”

“You know…” she started and stretched her legs. “I think he doesn’t want you to feel uncomfortable the whole session that’s why he skipped it”

I scoffed. “You’re really trying to protect him, aren’t you?”

She chuckled. “I’m not. Just stating what I think is true”

We never know, maybe he just chickened out and skipped PE.

 

 

Apologize.

No, he started it.

Just be humble for once and apologize.

But I’m too shy.

Then overcome it. He’d done a lot to be friends with you, after all.

I’ll look too desperate if I do that.

I closed my locker and banged my head against it. “Just, shut up, brain” I muttered quietly to myself.

I know I definitely earned a few weird looks from the stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter