Introduction

Darkness is Not the Opposite of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashing lights, endless chatter, fast cars, smoky surroundings, all of these screamed darkness. This once unified world long gone replaced by the agonizing indifference of the now selfish humans and yet, here I stand seeing myself tither in the crowded land, sinful, dark, and cruel.

Where are all the angels wandering by the dawn? Vanished, perished, and never to be seen. Why am I here awaiting in the dark, hoping to find the never found salvation. Hope’s a lie, in which we all assumed that there’s to believe nonetheless.

What am I to differ from these scornful people? Abomination, worthless, curse, nuisance, shame, I am nothing different; I’m the same garbage as these despicable beings. Wasted youth, accursed past, what am I to brag? I am just another mistake of this land. Like an ant so tiny, so brittle, so easy to destroy.

But my heart’s a steel, strong and worthy be. I need to be determined to be victorious in this ceaseless fight. A war to be someone; a war to inhabit a better land. To be Ares, I ought to be, the being of one who withstands a lot of fights; furthermore, the son of the God. But I’m just another Ares, aggressive, reckless, and foolish, in need of an Aphrodite.

Aphrodite, oh such beauty so enchanting, my love where have you been? In the sea, with waves you tame, or in the land you fill with beauty and vanish the shame? My Aphrodite I pledge to you, I’ll find you in the morning due.

With this moonlight sonata I sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter