Hug Me (Part II)

Young Love

Last Day of Filming

Because the last filming was held in a studio, it means they only got certain amount of time, not like usual filming. When the filming took place in their house or outside they could spend literally a whole day, but that day was different.

Sung Jae was a little bit more quite that day, he spent his time before the filming to just look at Joy, who avoided to look at Sung Jae’s eye. Sung Jae was like reading her facial expression or quietly memorizing her facial feature, so he would always remember her expression that day. He read it somewhere that a sad woman has a strange aura that would make her more beautiful. It’s true, he thought, Joy was exceptionally beautiful that day, her serious face, her smile that was shadowed by her sadness, was strangely beautiful.

Usually they would listen carefully to the short briefing with the PDs about the run down for the day, but none of them were focus. The PDs and all WGM Staff were actually used to that kind of situation, they watched many couples parted ways, it’s normal in WGM, but they knew Bbyu Couple is one of not so many couples that really poured their hearts into WGM. Some women staff repeatedly Joy’s hand, as if giving their power to her.

Joy knew that Sung Jae kept watching her the whole time, she knew, but she didn’t have the courage to just look at him, she knew she would burst into tears, if she did that. It’s just a few days before his birthday, she thought, why did they have to be separated that day? Well, she was just asking for an obvious answer, the answer was of course because of their schedule. She kept touching her own hands, as if saying ‘stop being like this, you won’t cry’.

Sung Jae saw what she’s been doing during the briefing, her hands and feet wouldn’t stop moving, he sighed, he knew she was nervous for some reason and sad for the obvious one. They were sitting side by side and he couldn’t help to finally hold her hand under the table. It was unexpected, she was a little bit surprised and looked at him, but he kept trying to listen to what the PD said.

His hand was warm, and she would surely miss his big hands. That moment Sung Jae tried to relay his feeling through his hand ‘Gwenchana Soo Young-ah, we will get through this’

 “After this concert… is it really the end?” it was his first question during the filming. He was asking her but actually he was also asking himself.

Is it really the end for us?

He knew for the sake of filming she tried to focus and tried not to cry, but she failed since the very beginning. She was already choked and was filled with emotion. He wished, that she would act like her usual self, because if she didn’t act like usual, how would he act like his usual self. He tried his best, he tried all the tricks he knew to look cheerful, he hoped it worked.

She tried to focus again and followed her plan to give Sung Jae a surprise for his upcoming birthday. She tried to give the best performance just for Sung Jae, she decided to sing one of her sunbae’s song, My Sweetie by Boa. She tried to sing it cheerfully and she tried to look at him the whole song, so that he could understand her feeling. But she couldn’t hide her tears anymore, so she cried during her performance, because of also the lyrics of the song she was singing.

Why were your eyes filled with sorrow this morning?

He just had to hug her, so he went up to the stage. If there were no cameras there, he would’ve cried too and hug her for a long time. But he just hugged her briefly. She insisted to continue her song, so he followed what she wanted and go back to his seat.

She didn’t know how she managed to remember that she had a surprise for him, she barely remembered the song lyrics, even though she always sings that song. She just remembered that she still had something to give him.

Once again if there were no cameras around, he could have at least kissed her forehead after she gave him his presents. He was so touched, that she went to buy him present by herself, he knew how busy she was, but still she tried to give him something useful. He was so thankful that Joy was that thoughtful.

She was so happy that her Oppa really liked her presents, it’s worth it. But then that thought came to her mind again. Why should they end their virtual marriage just a few days before Sung Jae’s birthday? It was so sad for her.

He asked her to sit, because it’s his turn to sing for her. He chose Joon Jung Il – Hug Me for her, it was filled with what he’s been wanting to say to her. He poured his heart out, and just when he saw Joy’s crying, he too wanted to cry.

Joy couldn’t hold her tears once again, and this time she was really crying, sorrowfully. She knew the title of the song since the first sentence his Oppa sang, Hug Me. So when Sung Jae went down the stage, she just wanted to hug him tight.

He had mixed feeling, having Joy in his arms while crying sorrowfully. It was his wish to see her cry for him, but not like this. He could hear her sobs clearly. She hugged him tight, and he tried to focus finishing his song.

During the talk they had after his song, all the people there especially cameramen who shoot Sung Jae, could clearly saw Sung Jae’s tears almost escaped from his eyes several times. He just wanted to hug her every time he saw her tears. He couldn’t bear the feeling.

But eventually the filming ended and they chose to end it beautifully, with Young Love as their last performance.

It was awkward after the PD said ‘cut’ from the monitoring room. They were still on stage, just the two of them, no one dared to ruin their moment.

“Yook Sung Jae-ssi, Joy-sii, I’m going to give you some times here,” said the PD through their in-ear monitor.

It seemed like the cameramen were also going out the studio, so it was just really both of them in the empty room.

They were standing awkwardly until Sung Jae moved and said, “Come here, sit with me,”

He was already sitting on the chair on the stage, where they sat earlier. Joy followed him and sat.

“Why are you sitting that far? Earlier while we sang also, you sat really far, it’s like we had a fight,” he complained in a joking tone.

“Eung? Jjinja? Aniya I didn’t realized it, I didn’t mean it to be like that,” she said, still not looking at him.

He understood that she didn’t mean it, she was just afraid that she would cry during their performance. He knew that because she still looked like it.

He decided to sit closer, she turned her face away and her hands were intertwined. He held her hands with his right hand.

“Is it really the end?” he asked, he couldn’t see her face either this time.

There was no answer for his question. For a while, it was just the sound of them breathing that filled to big studio, before a sob took it over.

“Why are you crying again?” he asked, but he of course knew the answer.

He moved closer to her and hugged her shoulder, bringing her to his arms again. Joy couldn’t do anything besides resting her head on his shoulder while sobbing once again.

“Soo Young-ah…” he called her name softly while caressing her hair with his hand, while his other hand her back, to make her stop crying.

The cameras were off, no one’s there, so there’s no other reason for Sung Jae not to shed a tears. He looked to the high ceiling that was full of lighting and equipment. He tried to hold back his tears, but now it escaped from his eyes. This time he cried for real, not using eye drops again.

Joy didn’t say anything, she just wanted to be there in his arms, not wanting that to end, she wanted to remember how broad shoulder was, how his jaw line was, how calming his smell was, she just wanted remember that and freeze it in her mind, forever. Her right hand clung into his other shoulder, while the other busy wiping her tears.

“Soo Young-ah, do you… do you want this to end?” he hugged her with his both hand now.

She just sobbed harder and he hugged her tighter.

“What should I do now Soo Young-ah? Tell me,” he said in despair.

She just shook her head in his arms.

“Do you want us… to end?” he asked for the third time.

 

She shook her head again in his arms.

He knew that she also didn’t want their relationship to end. They were already used to be around each other, it would be weird not having each other in their life, not having someone who nagged when she wore revealing clothes, not having someone who nagged when he’s too friendly to other girl groups, not having someone to call when you’re tired from everything, not having someone to play with. They were that comfortable with each other.

Both of them were just in the peak of their popularity, Sung Jae just got offered from three different dramas, he was the hot item right now, and so was Joy. She often came in the top of Naver search list, or sometimes in the headline of the online news, Red Velvet is on their best time. They both knew what awaited them, works, responsibilities, etc.

“Soo Young-ah, it’s just our virtual marriage that came to an end, not our relationship, right?” he tried to calm her down.

Her sobs were already decreased when she finally said in between her sob, “It’s just… wouldn’t it… be hard for us?”

“Of course it will be hard, but we have each other,” he said.

She broke their long hug, sat normally while leaning her back on the chair. She finally looked at his eyes, she saw trace of tears there in his eyes, “Can we overcome it?” she asked.

Sung Jae smiled, “We could, as long as we trust each other,”

“But how about our fans?” she asked, she’s been thinking about their fans reception all along.

He held her hands, “Those who stay with us are our real fans, don’t worry, we just have to do it carefully Soo Young-ah,”

“You don’t act like the usual Oppa that I know,” she doubted his words. The Sung Jae she knew, was the one who would think about the fans and would act responsibly.

“I’ve been thinking about this since a long time ago Soo Young-ah, I know that there were many fans that might be disagree with our choices, but then again we’re the one who live our life, not them. True that we won’t be here without them, but wouldn’t the real fans stay, no matter what?” he said while looking into her eyes.

He wiped her tears from her cheeks, “Now the question is, what to do with your make up? Your eyes are as big as golf ball,” he joked again.

She hit his arms and glared at him, but she smiled a little, “I’m still beautiful, you said it earlier,”

“Eiiii, it was just for the broadcast,” he laughed after being glared again.

“Ah, I knew you didn’t change,” she said playfully again, just like her usual self.

They both looked at each other, Sung Jae smiled at her while caressing her messy hair after crying a lot, “Aigooo, uri Soo Youngi must’ve liked me a lot, you cried that hard for me,” he joked again.

“Ck, you just knew that now?” she answered with her honest answer.

“Na doo, I like you a lot,” his direct words surprised her, but it’s not Joy if she didn’t attack Sung Jae back.

“So now you just like me? I thought you loved me, but now it’s just like? Was that also only for broadcast?” she acted angry.

It was good to see her like that, he could smile without any burden again. He didn’t answer her question on purpose.

“See? Now I’m regretting my tears, aigoooo,” she pouted.

He smiled and then brought her back to her arms, she couldn’t act angry anymore, it’s just nice to be in his arms.

“Do you know how much I want to hug you every time we met?” he suddenly asked a question that makes her flustered.

“Mwolla?” he asked once again, she shook her head.

“You know that I’m not a straight forward person, who could just express my feelings to you, but well….” he sighed first before saying, “Saranghae Park Soo Young,”

She’s frozen in his arms, but she’s the straight Park Soo Young, she wouldn’t let Sung Jae win with his confession.

She broke the hug, looked at his eyes, his ear was red, she smiled.

“Are you happy now?” he asked.

“Ooh joha,” she smiled.

He just as usual acted like he could handle her straightforwardness and avoiding her eyes.

But Soo Young was a step or perhaps ten steps ahead of him, she leaned in, and kissed his cheek.

“Na doo, Saranghae Oppa,” she smiled while Yook Sung Jae froze and ready to burst out of shyness anytime soon.

Even though it’s a little bit hard because we are still young, there is still much time for us. Holding hands, don’t let it go. Let’s go slowly, let’s keep walking. Love is originally young, young love.

Annyeoooong!!! I’m back with new chapter, how was it? I hope you guys enjoy it! Write me a comment or two and don’t forget to subscribe and upvote this story!

Well, I’ve read all of your comments for the first chapter, and someone mentioned that I should reduced using Romanization Korean Words, because not all of you understand it, kekeke, thanks for the suggestion, I’m trying to reduce it, but there are some words that have no direct translation, and sometimes it feels different if I write it in English, but I’m trying to reduce it, and perhaps for next time I would provide you all the meaning of it kekeke, but thanks for your suggestion :D

I’m still watching Bbyu Episode until now, and it’s still a pity for them to leave the show, but in the other hand WGM already gave them longer time compared to other couples nowadays. So I’m still thankful, keke.

There’re some events and moments that happened to Bbyu and between Bbyu recently, like the when Joy stumbled on stage or the Dream Concert yesterday, I will write about it soon! Don’t worry.

I’ve been on Instagram and I’m sooo disappointed at some people that claimed as Melody, but keep bothering Bbyu fans project, like 1 year anniversary project. I believe those people are still young, because I knew some Korean Melodies that are very nice. Based on my experience on the shipping world, just ignore hatters, if they come to you ignore and block them it’s enough, don’t converse with them unless it’s necessary. Do tag and hashtag Joy and Sung Jae all you want, but don’t bring shippers stuff to Sung Jae’s and Joy’s IG posts, it will just bring chaos. I believe you guys can do that.

Anyway enjoy this chapter!

XOXO

Blue.