(01)

K-pop Drabbles

            “Sunshine?”

            Ji Min stopped his pacing at the low, croaky voice coming from his right. Owlishly, he looked up at the person who’d joined him in the dorm living room.

            “Yoon Gi hyung?” Ji Min’s confusion was relatable, seeing as the large clock on the wall read that it was vaguely a quarter past two in the morning. He’d thought that he would have a while yet to himself after the last of his groupmates (Jeongukkie) filed off to bed an hour before.

            “Thirsty,” Yoon Gi explained simply at the younger’s blank face, “But why are you up and pacing?”

            Ji Min visibly deflated at the question, startling Yoon Gi for a moment. He quickly recovered, and maneuvered himself around the couch- the only obstacle currently separating the two. Yoon Gi pulled the slightly shorter man blindly with him the few step to the couch. And sat, wrapping Ji Min up in his arms. Then he waited, but not for long. Never for long with Ji Min.

            “Jeongukkie, I-,” Ji Min paused for a moment, and Yoon Gi worried. Had the maknae teased his hyung too harshly again? But Ji Min continued soon after, and Yoon Gi put his pondering away.

            “Hyung, I think I love him.”

            Yoon Gi thinks that he’d seen this coming. Not from watching the younger pace, of course not, but from all the shy and at times flustered glances Ji Min sent Jeong Guk.

He wonders if Ji Min was aware that the maknae looked at him in the exact same way when he thought none of the others could see.