Red

Our Rainbow Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a windy Saturday when a girl was sitting on a swing wearing a bright red sundress. Her long hair was flowing with the wind, she filled her lungs with the air, smelled like summer. Her body moved along with the swing, her two hands held the chains tightly so that she would not fall. As she was having fun with herself, suddenly came a boy sitting on the swing next to her. He looked at how joyful she was, then he decided to join her. The girl swinged forward, and the boy moved backwards. They were doing it continuously and looking at each other's smiley faces, as the sun was going down. Unexpectedly, an old man got out of a black limo and raised his voice at a far distance.

"Rabbit, it's time to go."

The swing stopped and the girl stepped down from it. Her movement of her dress was graceful like a flamingo. The shade of red became a blur in front of his eyes as she ran further away from him. She didn't forget to turn around and waved him as a goodbye gesture. She grinned at him, showing her rabbit teeth.

"Bye Rabbit!" - He waved back at her and spoke aloud so that she could hear.

They looked into each other's eyes so blissfully. They both understood that the waves was never a wave goodbye, but it was "see you again." And that moment they knew, it was the start of a beautiful friendship.

 

..........................................................................

 

Cho Ha Young walked heavily across the hallway on the way to Math class - the subject she hated the most. Around her, there were sounds of laughs and chats from the others, of students opening their lockers and closing them and of the youngsters running and fooling around themselves. Sometimes those freshmen hit her because they didn't notice her. In fact, in this school, no one had ever noticed her. The black-haired girl wearing the school uniform with her own red cardigan and red babydoll shoes was walking alone holding some books in her arms, looking back and forth to find the Math teacher and begged him to agree for her test to be redone, or else she would fail and have to attend the class for the third time. It was in a blink of an eye that she caught Kim Tae Hyung - the most popular boy at school - looking at her, maybe just out of curiosity, then he turned his head away and continued his conversation with his friends - the basketball team. She punched her head a few times in order to stay awake before the lesson.

Ha Young chose to sit in the right back of the class, as always. She immediately rested her head on the table while observing the beautiful nature outside the window and slowly fell into a good sleep. This was her daily routine, in every class she attended. All of the sudden, a boy sitting next to her poked her head a few times. She turned her head to his side, trying to open her sleepy eyes.

"Your test score." - He said with a cold tone and put a paper on her desk. It was all what she expected, an F. Ha Young sighed heavily before she decided to go to sleep again.

"Cho Ha Young!" - A man said loudly. "Come up here and solve this."

Intergral, her worst nightmare. Everyone in the class turned their eyes towards her, surprised at the fact she was called to the board. Others were staring at her bright red cardigan, which was not in the uniform. She got to the board and tried to remember what the teacher had said yesterday, but of course she couldn't because she had been sleeping the whole time. Her right hand was holding a chalk and the other was scratching her head to pretend that she was thinking. She stood in front of the board for the whole minute, just looking at the problem she had to solve. "." - She mumbled.

"What are you saying dear?" - The man was looking at her, raising his left eyebrow.

"And stop scratching your head dear you might make it bleed. Go to your desk, then follow me to the office. We need to talk about the outfit you have on today." - He said. Then he solved the problem himself.

Ten minutes later, the bell rang which meant class was over. Her classmates walked out the door one by one while she was sitting still at her place. The teacher asked her to come with him. She picked up her books that she considered as her pillows and left.

The teacher's office was very busy with people walking in and out, talking nonstop. The man told her to wait in front of the counselor's office, where students came to talk their hearts out about their hardships and the reasons of their behaviors. She n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter