02 | Your Highness

Fake | Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

02

Y O U R   H I G H N E S S

C A T H E R I N E   P O V

 

"You're WHAT?" my best friend, Lessie burst as she was sprawled across my bed.

"I'm being made to date an idol," I sighed, "of all people, why an idol?"

"Who, who, who??" she asked, like a puppy begging for a toy.

"Some guy from a group called PTS?" I said, trying to remember the conversation this morning.

"BTS?" she asked, sitting up.

"Yeah, that."

"Wow! Lucky! They're actually pretty famous," she said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, but you're too busy to know any of that stuff anyway."

"Mhm," I nodded, "I'm meeting him today."

"I was wondering why you had no fancy brunches or princess meetings to go to."

"Yeah, well, I'm going to get dressed now," I motioned for her to get out of the room.

"Do you want help picking out an outfit?" she asked, looking around my room until her eyes rested on a simple, yet elegant blue A-Line dress in the corner of my room, hanging on a mannequin. "But I feel like you won't need the help," she smiled at me and walked over, wrapping her arms around me. "You don't need to hold it in for me," she whispered, "just because you're the princess doesn't mean you're okay with any of this."

"Yah," I replied, sniffing, "I am okay with it though, being the princess means that things like this are expected for me."

"I'm your best friend you idiot," she said, "I know that you're not okay. Just remember that I'm here whenever you need to vent."

"Thanks Lessie," I smiled back.

"Aiight," she said when we parted, "I'll get out of your hair, talk to you later!"

After she walked out I huffed and flopped onto the floor.

I had to prepare for things like this, heck, I was most likely even going to get an arranged marriage. Why is this even a big deal then? I need to get myself together and move forward, there was nothing else I could do at this point anyway.

 

"Miss Chandler," my driver said to me when I felt the car stop moving.

We were here.

My heart started beating faster than usual as I reached to undo my seat belt.

"Are you alright, miss?" the driver asked.

I turned and flashed him a small smile, "I'm fine, thank you," when I got free, I opened the door. "Thank you," I poked my head back in and stepped on the red carpet awaiting me outside.

"INTRODUCING THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA'S PRINCESS DIANE CATHERINE ELIZABETH CHANDLER WILLIAMS," the man to my right screamed, blowing into a large horn. For the first time, this sound was more comforting than nerve wrecking, because it reminded me that even after meeting this stranger whom I was going to spend a siFgnificant amount of my time with, I am still the princess that many young women look up to.

At the end of the long red carpet, I saw a large black van, and in front of it were two men, as well as Mr Kim. The older one of the two was talking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter