Oh, Squirrels

Pretty Girl Next Door

After lunch, Nayeon and Momo ended up dragging a blushing Tzuyu by the wrists with her head buried in her hands to social studies class.

“But I can’t face the squirrels,” Tzuyu blathered as hundreds of other students bustled past them in the hallway to their next classes. “I mean, Sana. Not after what you unnies have done. I’m so embarrassed. All the squirrels will laugh at my misery. They sit outside my window every morning, gossiping with each other. Wait, that’s not what I was talking about. But I just made a total fool of myself.”

Momo was still pleased about the recent chain of events. Not only did she manage to recruit the two new Japanese students into the performance group, compliment Nayeon, and help Nayeon rope Sana into spending time with Tzuyu, but she also got Tzuyu’s spring rolls! Overall, it was a good day.

“Oh come on, you didn’t make a total fool of yourself.” Nayeon reassured her. “Well okay, you were sort of awkward,” she admitted after Tzuyu gave her an incredulous look. “But you shouldn’t be so shy. You can at least try to talk to her since you’ll be seeing her quite often from now on.”

“But I am not ready for this,” moaned Tzuyu, dragging her feet across the tiled floor. “I’m never ready for pretty girls.”

Nayeon frowned. “But you see me like thirty times every day.”

“There, there,” Momo patted her dongsaeng on the back soothingly. “It’s okay. You have until practice after school tomorrow to prepare your heart. Then it’ll probably be melted again as soon as she talks to you.”

“You guys aren’t really helping.”

“What do you even need help with? You’ve existed in the same room as her ever since she transferred to our school. There are plenty of other really charming girls you know. You’ll survive.” Nayeon pointed out.

This made so much sense that the three friends had to pause for a moment.

“I don’t know, maybe she’s the most charming,” the youngest groused. “I don’t know why I’m overreacting this much, myself…what am I talking about, I can deal with this. Yeah, of course. This isn’t a...a big...a big deal...”

“Oh, I’m sorry, Chewy,” Nayeon said, looking genuinely apologetic. “I was just joking around. Do you really have a crush on Sana?”

“I don’t know, unnie,” the Yoda shook her head, ears seeming to droop. “But for now, I just need to keep cool. We’ll figure this out later.”

Tzuyu continued with her self-encouragement exercises until the trio arrived at the classroom.


...and died as soon as she walked in and was greeted by a waving Sana seated in a desk near the front of the room. Forget about butterflies in her stomach, it felt more like killer ninja moths flitting around holding a “let’s make Tzuyu uncomfortable” competition in her gut. Crushes , she remarked to herself as she responded with a small wave back and sat down at her desk.

 

Fortunately, class began after only one minute of Tzuyu fumbling around for her notebook and dropping her pencil four times while Sana was watching.

 

Honestly, though, social studies was so boring, and she could spend all day just staring at the blonde (even if it was at an uncomfortable angle out of the corner of her eye). Her concentrated expression was really cute.

 

...wait, no, she was supposed to be focusing.

 

“We’ll be starting this project tomorrow, class, but I’m letting you all know the requirements for grading today,” Ms. Park, the teacher, had been droning on for about fifteen minutes, but Tzuyu had only tuned in for the last sentence. “It’s a group project, and I will be assigning your partners.” An evil smile was plastered on her face at that, eliciting groans from at least half the class.

 

“Darn it,” Momo whispered from her seat behind Tzuyu. “Ms. Park always makes sure to pair up the people who can’t stand each other. Me, you, and Nayeon should’ve been partners! We would’ve rocked that project.”

 

Tzuyu crinkled her nose in amusement. “Have you even been listening to the instructions?”

 

“No, but y’know…I was hoping you were listening? Maybe? Uh...you were, right?”

 

“You’re hopeless.” Tzuyu snorts, but she sees Nayeon eomma giving them the stink eye from two seats over while pretending to pick up her nonexistent pencil on the floor and shuts up.


Sana and Mina, like the best buddies they were, were having an extremely pleasant chat before social studies started.

“How come you didn’t tell me you signed up for the performance team?” the squirrel her friend cutely as soon as she had the chance. “You left me to the mercy of Momo, Nayeon, and Tzuyu, and you know how convincing those three are.”

Mina furrowed her brows. “Uh, not really?”

“What? Weren’t you assaulted with a combination of Momo’s puppy eyes and Nayeon’s smooth talking and Momo’s whining and Tzuyu’s even cuter puppy eyes and Nayeon’s surprisingly good advice and Tzuyu’s blushing face and I think Nayeon has a hypnotic voice or something and Tzuyu had SPRING ROLLS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IMPOSSIBLE TO RESIST THAT WAS?”

“Uhhhh, well actually, it only took Momo and some really cute underclassman some aegyo and twenty bucks to persuade me to join,” the ballet dancer admitted.

“Whaaaaaaaaat?!” Sana gasped dramatically. “You abandoned me for some aegyo and twenty bucks?! I was about to explode from….from...from...uh, I’m not sure, actually.”

“But it was really funny watching the conversion process,” Mina gave an uncharacteristic snort. “Your face went from like smiling-polite ‘hey guys’ to smiling ‘hmmm lemme think’ to smiling ‘awww they’re so cute’ to smiling ‘let me join the team because I’m suddenly convinced even though Momo and Nayeon couldn’t do it before’ in the span of five minutes.”

“Oh, by the way, Nayeon wanted me to become closer with Tzuyu.”

“Tzuyu?” Mina whispered, eyes wide.

“Yeah, Tzuyu, she’s younger than us by a year? She’s actually-”

“Your super unbelievably gorgeous and cute neighbor?”

“-sitting over there.” Sana finished. “But yeah, her!”

“Oh,” Mina smirked. “So you mean your super unbelievably gorgeous and cute neighbor that turns to mush whenever you’re within a five foot radius of her?”

“Hey, she’s just extremely shy, and-”

“-only turns to mush around you. Umm-hmm. Yep. Is she why you agreed to join the performance team?”

“She is my neighbor, and Nayeon said she could use someone to hang out with Tzuyu sometimes,  so I thought I should get to know her. This’ll be a good way to spend time with her, right?”

“Yeah, it sure will be,” the penguin nodded in agreement. “Some quality time. She’s going to melt into a pile of goo by the time you’re done with her.”

“Well,  I thought she seemed cool when I talked to her,” Sana said defensively.

“What a lie,” laughed Mina, who was thoroughly enjoying the conversation and her friend’s sudden flustered face. “From what you told me, you had like a one-minute conversation with her that consisted mostly of  stuttering on her part. But yeah, she is a really nice person. Totally girlfriend material.”

“Why is everyone bringing this up,” complained Sana, her cheeks puffing up. “I  don’t like her that way!”

“Sure, Jan, I am juuuuust saying,” Mina slipped in one last comment before doing a 180 to face Ms. Park, who had just walked in. “She’s totally adorable. I should ask her for her number.”

Sana almost growled at the other Japanese girl. “Why are you being so annoying today?!”

 

A/N: Hello, it's me again! I'm really sorry that I don't update as often as I should, and that my updates aren't that long. I think I have some sort of a disease. >_< I did edit the last chapter a bit, though.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll probably be back to edit when I'm not being a zombie. Thank you for subscribing, reading, commenting, and upvoting as always! Please let me know how I'm doing.

No, I have not forgotten that Sana has a boyfriend, but he'll make his appearance (I think) a bit later on in the fictional  school year. This is what happens when you don't properly plan your story out. I am sorry.

Also, I really like Harry Potter AUs! I was wondering what houses the Twice members would be in. Let me know in the comments which members you would sort into which houses! Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great day. :)