Final

Because I Could Not Stop For Death

Jihoon glanced out the window of Soonyoung's truck, watching all the cars that sped past them on the highway. The speed limit was 65, though Jihoon could swear that they were only going 50. A peek to the speed gauge showed that they were, indeed, going 65 miles per hour right on the dot.

It had been 45 minutes since he realized he had to pee, and 30 minutes since they passed a rest stop. "Soonyoung, I swear she is sitting right on my bladder and kicking it… Can we stop up here?” Now he’s left wondering what went through his head and why he let Soonyoung pass the rest stop. (“We’ll get home quicker,” He’d said. Lies.)

Now his leg was shaking, bouncing relentlessly as if that'd help him somehow. He could feel his bladder just ready to explode, and he was running out of things to distract himself with.

“Soonyoung, can’t you please go a little faster?”

"Jihoonie you know that I can't get another speeding ticket, they're so expensive and we can't afford that with you-"

"Damn it Soonyoung I know that I'm pregnant and I'm about to piss all over your ing beloved truck seats so help me god if you do not speed up!"

Jihoon, somehow, managed to rattle his displeasure off in one breath. Soonyoung let out a sheepish whine, almost as if he were debating some options. Soonyoung did love his car _ DK, he named her - and he decided against having to drive her around with piss soaked seats. Begrudgingly, he pressed down harder on the gas pedal - though it was only slightly. They honestly couldn’t afford another speeding ticket.

Soonyoung could feel his heartbeat increase with every notch the gauge passed from 65 to 70. He may have even felt a trickle of sweat slide down his face. From the corner of his eye he could see Jihoon hunched over in the passenger seat, hands clutching onto his lower belly and face turned up in pain.

"Soonyoungie please..." The strain in Jihoon’s voice was clear as day, and he knew he better do something because this had potential to end badly.

“You know what they say Jihoon, ‘Five you’re fine, six you’re mine’ and it’ll take us forever if we get pulled over, and I don’t need another ticket on my record what if I get fired-”

If looks could kill, Soonyoung would be a dead man three times over.

Jihoon didn’t say anything else, worried that even the smallest peep past his lips could cause the floodgates to open. And, despite how entirely pissed he was at Soonyoung and his safe driving habits, he didn’t really want to piss his pants and ruin the seats. Jihoon couldn’t help his fidgeting and squirming, it was all he could do to not just let go right then and there.  It was time to make an executive decision.

Soonyoung pressed down a little harder on the gas, watching the needle as it moved from 70, to 75,  to 80. He reached over and put a gentle hand on Jihoon’s thigh, looking over to him (but not for too long, eyes stay on the road!), trying to provide some comfort for him. “I’m speeding up Jihoon, just hang in there. We’ll be there in less than 10 minutes…”

Jihoon took in a shaky breath. “I don’t know if I have 10 minutes Soonyoung, and for the love of god move your hand.”

Soonyoung retracted his hand, returning his hands to the standard 9 and 3 positions on the steering wheel. It was essential, especially with how fast he was going.

Each second felt like a lifetime to Soonyoung, and even longer to Jihoon. He hoped that the police officers on duty today were sparse in numbers, or maybe at least feeling generous enough to let Soonyoung slide.

They were supposed to get off at the next exit, and then after a few turns they’d be home. A couple yards later and Soonyoung could see the signs advertising food and gas stations and hotels they had in their town and, oh, right ahead there’s the exit ramp-

Soonyoung’s train of thought was immediately put to a halt when all he saw in the rearview mirror was the flashing of red and blue lights, and an obnoxious siren that he’d have to be deaf to miss. Jihoon let out a pitiful whine. “Oh please god, not today…” Jihoon said, hunched over in the seat and defeatedly pressing his face to the window.

The cop car was directly behind him, and Soonyoung sighed knowing it was for him. He pulled over to the side of the road, taking a breath to steady himself and prepare.

“I’m sure if you tell him you have to pee, he’ll let you…” Soonyoung said, feeling awful that he’d gotten them pulled over. He looked over at Jihoon, who was curled in a ball of hatred and rage. He opened his mouth to say another word, but they both watched as the police car zoomed past them.

Apparently someone else, somewhere else, was causing more trouble than Soonyoung.

“Go, idiot, go!” and Soonyoung never pressed so hard on a gas pedal in his life.

They were so close now, a few turns and stop signs and they’d be in their driveway. Jihoon was full-on squirming, seatbelt long since removed and hands between his legs like a child squeezing himself so nothing could leak. As they pulled in the driveway, a small dark patch the size of a quarter formed on the front of Jihoon’s jeans.

“Let me out Soonyoung I have to go!” He flung the passenger door open, as Soonyoung pushed the button to open the garage door. Jihoon nearly jumped out of the truck, not yet completely stopped. He started running, or rather hobbling with the huge tummy he had, and somewhere between the truck and the garage door he felt warmth trickling down his legs. He thought it maybe had been sweat from the way he’d been sitting, but a look down showed himself that yes, he just pissed himself.

Or rather, he was still pissing himself.

He let out a nearly quiet sigh of pure relief, leaning against the frame of the garage door as it still kept coming. It felt so good, the pressure finally gone, but jesus christ how much was he holding in his bladder and why hadn’t it stopped?

His pants were soaked, and he’d even managed to leave a nice sized puddle that was trickling down the paved driveway. His pants were clinging skin tight to him, though the warmth was leaving as the autumn breeze made it colder. He was still leaning against the garage, his face flushed pink and lips red from where he’d been chewing on them, when he looked over and saw Soonyoung laughing to death in the grass.

“Stop laughing Soonyoung!!” Jihoon whined, angered and beyond embarrassed.

“Oh, Jihoon, Jihoon, oh my god-” Soonyoung was on his back, howling loudly and clutching himself. It was too funny, and he was laughing so hard it hurt.

“Oh Jihoon, It hurts but I can’t” his sentence was broken up by little spaces of laughter, “it’s so, funny,”

“Soonyoung you’re going to get people's’ attention!” Jihoon was a pregnant male, so he already got plenty of attention, he didn’t need people to see him after he just pissed himself too.

“Oh, Oh Jihoon,” He let out a few more shaky laughs, before taking a few calming breaths before getting on his knees and standing up to walk over to his fiance. “I’m sorry. It’s just that, it’s, funny. I’m sorry.”  He still had the widest, eating grin and Jihoon couldn’t help the quirk that pulled at his lips too. “Shut up Soonyoung.” He playfully shoved his shoulder, no hard feelings.

Soonyoung gently cupped Jihoon’s jaw and tilted his chin into a kiss, smiling softly as they parted and he pressed their foreheads together.

“It’s cold out. Why don’t I start some tea and order some delivery, and let’s get you in the bath, okay?” Soonyoung asked, caressing Jihoon’s side with his hand.

“Next time I’m just pissing in the car.”