final.

call me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not proofread, kk! 

"Chocolate frappe with whipped cream and cinnamon powder on top, the total is $3 and we'll call you once the drink is ready. Have a good day!" said a boy with grey hair and charming smile, behind he cashier desk. Posted a receipt in front of the coffee machine, he grabbed an empty glass and started to make the drink just like what it's written on the receipt. 

 

This was just the ordinary day of Kim Mingyu, being the barista slash cashier on the coffee shop owned by his uncle, Kim Minseok, he had to juggle between the cashier and also the barista once in a while. Usually, Seungkwan would manage the payment and all of that, but it seemed the smaller boy couldn't come up today because of the sudden extra class he had at his university. 

 

Mingyu lived an ordinary life just like the other boys at his age had; a wonderful parents, an amazing group of friends, and also a stable grades at university as pre-med student. He didn't really need a part time job, but he insisted to his parents he needed the extra money so he won't ask too much to his parents; which his parents agreed with such a wide and proud smile.

 

And the day had passed just like the usual, bunch of college girls and boys, some of them might happen to be his classmates; ordering drinks from him and asking for some extras, nothing out of the ordinary. 

 

Until a few weeks recently.. 

 

Mingyu never paid that much attention to the customers who often visited the cafe; he might recognize some familiar faces, who came to the coffee shop more than twice a week, but more than that, the tall boy didn't seem to care. But starting a few weeks ago, a particular person might catch his attention a little bit too much. 

It was one fine Thursday, the weather was a little gloomy than the usual, wind blew softly against the tanned skin, we all could see thunder slightly blasting in the sky, indicating it might be raining in a few hour. Mingyu started his day just like usual, he stored his bag on the locker behind the kitchen, then he went to grabbed his apron that hugged his body perfectly. He washed his hand and drying it on his apron, as he read the receipt Seungkwan clipped in front of the coffee machine and started to making the drinks just like how its written on the paper; he also manage to scribble some encouraging words on the plastic cups, just in case the person who order the drink needed those words. It won't hurt Mingyu thought. 

 

Just half an hour after his shift started, he felt a light tap on his shoulder, to found out Seungkwan asked him to handle the cashier for fifteen minutes because he really needed to pee and he couldn't hold it anymore. 

 

"Sure, I'll handle it. Just go before it spills everywhere" joked Mingyu to the caramel haired boy as he walked behind the cashier, he thought why not helping his co-worker for a few minutes, he had nothing to do either way. 

 

He absentmindedly hovering his fingers above the cashier's keyboard, daydreaming a little about his upcoming project that needed to be collected two weeks from now, he was thinking to make a list he needed to buy and the books he needed to read; and suddenly he heard the bell rang, signaling someone has just opened the door, and automatically, just like how his uncle taught him, he greeted the person loudly 

 

"Welcome to the Sugar & Cream, what can I help you?" he smiled at the man in front of him, who seemed to busy to notice Mingyu because of the earphones he had; but as if the universe playing tricks on them, the man suddenly pulled the earphones out and smiled back at Mingyu, seemed like he gained his consciousness back. His eyes darting on the menu board above Mingyu, before he asked to the tall boy

 

"Is there any recommendation what's good here?" the voice that just came out from the said man, might be lower than Mingyu thought it could be, with a lean figure, tousled jet black hair and pale complexion, no way a man could have such a heavy voice. 

 

Mingyu shook his head, in order to clear his thought, answered politely to the boy "It depends, if you like sweet you can take the Green Tea Frappe, but if you like to have your daily dose of coffee intake, I suggest you take Americano" again, he smiled while answering the man's question, the grey haired boy didn't understand why it seemed so easy for him to smile at this certain guy in front of him. Not that he thought this boy was cute, nope, definitely not.

 

The other man seemed in deep thought before he went for the americano, mumbling about something related to due-date of his assignment or something, Mingyu couldnt really catch it. 

 

Because Seungkwan hadn't comeback, yet, Mingyu had to take over the coffee machine by himself, he pulled the plastic cup and sharpie marker, as he asked "and your name is?" without look the the man

 

"Wonwoo, Jeon Wonwoo" the man asked, as he typed on his phone furiously 

 

"Okay, it will be right away"

 

Barely 5 minutes since Mingyu promised his drink, he already handed to cup back to Wonwoo, who gladly accepted the drink and saying a loud thanks to Mingyu before dashing out from the front door. Mingyu had no idea why, but it seemed, inside his heart, he silently wished, he would meet the other boy again. 

Mingyu didn't see him the next day. 

 

And the next next day, 

 

And the next next next day. 

 

He sighed as he glanced to the glass door, and pouts while pulling another plastic cup to made the orders 

 

"What are you looking at?" Mingyu's head turned as he heard, Seokmin, his other co-worker beside Seungkwan, asked him while raising an eyebrow 

 

Mingyu just shrugged and continue working

 

He sighed again, and convinced himself  

 

"Maybe he's just s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter