Four.

κακό mageía (Misused of Magic)

 

 


 

 

The morning air was fresher than the polluted air in the city. I woke up with the sound of birds chirping that I thought would only exist in the.

 

 As I made my way towards the bathroom that was located at the outside of the small house, I saw about 15 volunteers that just came in the early morning.

 

They greeted me with the opposite emotion that I was feeling right now which was, happiness. I'm not an actual morning person since I've always wake up in the afternoon on holidays but this was exceptional.

 

 

I smiled awkwardly back towards them and quickly went inside the bathroom. It was small and there was not heater. A freaking heater in the cold morning would actually help to make me a little happy but NOOOOO; there was just cold water

.

I sighed heavily as I turn on the water faucet and took a quick shower gasping as cold water pour onto my body.

 

 

When I left the room, my blankets and pillow was scattered on the floor but when I got back, everything was organized neatly on the bed.

"Who did this?" I asked amazed by the neatly folded blanket that I know, I wouldn't have folded it that neat.

 

A voice appeared behind me, "I did. I hope you don't mind but I’m a neat freak.” Jiwon said as he smiled politely at me.

I smiled back and thanked him. I cleared my throat, "So, what are we going to do today?" 

 

Chanwoo caught both of our attention by slurring in his sleep.

 

Jiwon and I look towards Chanwoo who was still sleeping soundly on his bed, "He's still a kid, don't mind him," Jiwon said as he shook his head but continued, "By the way, we're paired together to clean the drains today."

 

"Cleaning the drains? And then what?" I asked again.

 

"Well, usually we're all given some time to connect with the elderly and then we can do whatever we want as long as it's safe and legal." He said as he gave me one of his adorable smiles again. I couldn’t help but smile back at him.

 

 

 

"I did not know cleaning the drains would be this hard." I sighed heavily and Ji won chuckled beside me.

He patted my shoulder, "Oh come on," he gave me a water bottle, "it's not that hard."

 

I scoffed at him but took the water bottle and drank it before thanking him after.

"Umm," I took a seat next to him, "it is that hard, okay? What do you know? You’re a man."

 

Ji won dramatically gaped at me, "You ist. Besides, I did most of the work. You just complain about how smelly the drain was."

 

I scoffed loudly at him back, "Did you forget there was a freaking poop in there? And god knows if it's a human or an animal's poop."

 

He chuckled beside me, "Sorry to break this to you but I think that was a human's product of digestion."

 

"What?!" I shrieked loudly until Ji won covered his ears, "I touched, a human's ?!"

 

Jiwon burst out laughing, "Thank god it wasn't me."

 

Suddenly, I got this idea of touching him with my affected poop hand.

I slowly approached him and touched his face with my bare hands.

He look shocked at the sudden contact but after a few seconds he spoke up, "D-did you just touch me with your poop hands?" He asked with a low voice that was almost a whisper.

 I nodded slowly and waited for his reaction. 

It was priceless.

He was screaming and his eyes were about to pop out. He was also chanting ohmygosh ohmygosh like a little girl. I wanted to make fun of him so I chased him and he ran like a freaking little kid.

The chasing continues until we were interrupted by Chanwoo who was watching the entire scene.

He came jogging towards me asking, "What happened? Why is Bob-Ji won hyung screaming like a baby?" 

 

I told him about the entire thing and he threaten me to stay away from him or he'll do something that I will never expect so I followed his order but not too long before I chased him too.

Turns out, there was nothing to expect from Chanwoo because all he did was screaming like a little girl just like Ji won did. I stopped chasing them as it was too tiring and my fat body was not helping at all. 

 

I went back to our room and went for another quick shower. When I got back from the haunted house- I mean, the bathroom, Jiwon and Chanwoo had already changed into new shirts and also look like they got a quick shower.

Chanwoo greeted me with a warm smile of his while Bobby smiled until his eyes were barely seen.

 

"I got a plan." Ji won initiated the conversation.

 

I took a seat on the couch which he had slept in last night and looked up, "What's the plan?"

 

"Let's go out to the bookstore." He said and the excitement in his voice was clearly heard.

 

"Nope, the bookstore had already closed. It's 6pm right now." Chanwoo said as he pouts a little.

 

Jiwon looks crushed at first but as if there was a light bulb above his head, he snapped his fingers and exclaimed, "I have another plan!”. Chanwoo and I gave him a curious look, Ji won continued, "Let's watch the sunset!" 

 

"Do we have permission for that?" I asked doubting this plan of his.

 

He looked at me as if I just asked the dumbest question he had ever heard, "Of course we do. Now, let's go!" He said as he grabbed my wrist and did the same to Chanwoo.

 

 

"Damn, Ji won," I sighed, "You didn't say we needed to climb a damn whole hill." I said panting for air as I rested my hands on my knees.

Chanwoo stood beside me, also panting and agreeing to what I just said.

 

"Oh come one," Jiwon rolled his eyes, "It's not that far from here. You'll forget about your tiredness when you see the amazing sunset. I swear." Jiwon said as he held out his pinky finger and linked it with mine.

 

Chanwoo scoffed loudly, "What are you? Five? Stop acting like kids." 

 

Jiwon and I had snorted in sync as we glared at Chanwoo.

I snickered. "Speaks the one who kept on crying in his sleep." I rolled my eyes as I high fived Ji won.

 

"Now, come on. It's only about 5 minutes away from here." Jiwon said as he reached out for my hand and lead me towards our destination which I don't even know where.

 

 

After a long journey of bickering and laughing our hearts out, we finally reached our destination.

We were now on top of a hill that was about 20 meter from the ground and I was amazed by the scene in front of us.

It was so peaceful, my soul just left my body.

 

I heard Jiwon exhaling loudly, “It’s so nice and different here. It’s nott like we get to see these kinds of things in the city." He rants.

 

I took out my phone to take a picture of the greenery surrounding us but was disturbed by Ji won posed like a model in front of my phone's camera.

 

I laughed at him, "S-stop. I'm trying to take a masterpiece here." 

 

Chanwoo joined him and both of them were now posing like idiot models, "Masterpiece? You mean this face?" Chanwoo said as he pointed out his facial features.

Ji won scoffed at him, "Your face is no match for this masterpiece." Jiwon said as he flexed his biceps and posed like a model again. 

 

Woah.

 

His biceps were real. He had real bicep and it looked so hot-what the hell am I thinking right now? I snap a picture. Okay, I need to stop being creepy. 

 

"You guys are ridiculous. Wait, look! It’s the sunset." I pointed towards the beautiful scene in front of me and both of them turned around.

 

The sunset was ethereal. It was so beautiful and I had never seen one like this before. 

The entire landscape takes on a surreal saffron hue as the clouds reflect the fading sun's red and orange glow, allowing very little blue light from the upper levels of the atmosphere to reach the ground.

I took a lot of pictures and was quite happy how it turned out to be pretty. I can't wait to show my parents the photos.

 

"Let's take a picture together!" I said as I opened the front camera. Chanwoo stood on my left side while Ji won stood happily on my right side.

Both of them were grinning widely at the camera while I smiled awkwardly. Chanwoo started making funny faces and we all ended up making funny faces too. 

 

"You were right. It was worth the pain to get here." Chanwoo said as he also took pictures of the sunset with his phone.

 

Jiwon made a proud face at us and said, "Mission one, complete." He made a gesture of ticking something in the air, "Now, mission two."

 

I looked at him weirdly and asked, "What's for mission two?"

 

Jiwon had only smirked to me while humming, "You'll see."

 


 

Thanks for reading! Subscribe and comment~ <3

Also, the magic happens in the next chapter. Sorry if I kept you waiting ^^