My Star (part 1)

Iced Coffee

The hustle and bustle of the studio was a welcome atmosphere that Hayi readily took in upon arrival. Having been on hiatus for 3 whole years, this year felt like a miracle with her half-and-half comebacks, which allowed her to film one more music video and promote twice that year. She stood just absorbing the ambience and observing everything before her manager gestured her over.

He introduced her to the director of the music video, whom she bowed to respectfully just as she noticed her fellow colleague and singer Jaewon approaching them. Jaewon was new to YG and they had met on several occasions, but never quite got acquainted.

She did, however, know that he would be her on-screen boyfriend for the video. They bowed in greeting as the director gave Jaewon a pat on the back. The slightly awkward tension that can only come from a ‘we-just-met-but-we’re-gonna-have-to-act-like-we’re-dating’ situation creeped in, tangibly taking up the space between the two co-stars.

“Okay, so the first scene we’re going to be shooting is your ‘wedding’ scene,” the director began, pointing at the set with a long dining table leading up to an altar. “We'll also be shooting a scene of Hayi-ssi walking down the table first, then we'll clear the tables out and have to two of you come through the doors over there, and walk down the aisle together.”

The two artists nodded professionally, listening to the instructions attentively, taking note of the different locations on the set as the director walked them through. “Oh right,” he paused to turn and look at them, clasping his hands together. “You're gonna have to kiss.”

Hayi blinked. Once, twice, three times before she felt the heat creep up to her cheeks. She glanced at Jaewon who was just nodding at the director’s words, seemingly unperturbed. He glanced back at her when he noticed her turn her head, causing her to whip her head back immediately. Smirking in response, he cleared his throat to keep himself from chuckling, casually rubbing the bottom of his philtrum with the back of his index finger, trying to hide his amused expression.

Once the director was done with their briefing, the two were ushered away by their respective stylists for make-up and hair before either of them could exchange another word. Hayi tried to clear her head as much as she could, chewing on her inner lip a little.

She had no idea there was going to be a kiss scene in the music video. Heck, for her previous music videos she had Krunk. 'Hold My Hand’ was a huge upgrade - and even then it was two different guys (whose faces were never even shown) holding either of her hands in a green room while she awkwardly sang right into a camera.

But unlike the previous times, she had something new to worry about this time round: would Jiho be upset because of this? He knew she had a music video shoot today, even dropped a text before he went into the studio (because he usually didn't check his phone till he was out of the studio). She told him about Jaewon, and he said he'd try not to get too jealous and resist the want to punch the poor guy - although it was clearly a joke, she knew that he half (or more than half) meant it.

“You alright?” Kilju, Hayi's make-up artist asked as she dabbed some blush on her cheeks, “You're going to bruise your lip if you keep chewing it like that.” she added before leaning back to check her handiwork, nodding in approval when she decided she was satisfied with the outcome. She reached into her kit to pick out a few different shades of lipstick.

“Yeah, I'm fine eonni. Just… thinking about something,” she replied, looking at her reflection and forcing herself to stop her nervous habit so Kilju could put her lip tint on. “Well, whatever it is, I'm sure you're just brooding over it too deeply as usual,” she smiled, moving aside to give Hayi an unblocked view of the mirror to look at her finished product. “Voila. Now go get changed girl, you're gettin’ married.”

Hayi smiled at her reflection, Kilju never ceasing to amaze her with her skills. It didn't look like too much, but was still suitable for the wedding theme despite being a pretty simple, natural style of makeup. “Thanks, eonni,” she said as she got up, taking her phone with her. “Yah, put your phone away, will ya? I've never seen you so stuck to it during work, aigoo. You have to get changed and get ready for set already!”

Hayi gave a small smile while her manager put his hand out, wordlessly asking for her mobile. “Aing, oppaaa!” she whined, but he just looked at her sternly, hand still outstretched. She pouted but held up a finger. “Just give me a sec?” her phone was snatched away and locked, her manager being respectful enough to maintain her privacy.

“I'll hand it back to you after you change, okay? But only for a bit, ‘cause Jaewon will be ready soon too,” he negotiated with the frowning artist who begrudgingly conceded as she dragged her feet to the changing room. She changed in record speed and ran out to retrieve her phone, her hair stylist yelling as she scrambled along, trying to fix the veil to her bun with a bunch of bobby pins.

Hayi's manager sighed before handing back her mobile as promised. She found a chair to rest on while waiting, opening her messaging app but pausing, deciding to open up an app she recently downloaded instead. Good thing she did, because at this time her manager's curiosity got the better of him and he peeked over to see why she was so anxious to get her phone back. When he found she was on Snapchat playing around with filters, he shook his head in slight disbelief. This kid.

Once he had walked away, though, she opened up her messaging app, making sure no one was nearby as she texted Jiho.

l_dShkxdLJ7RDmVDtDbtl7YOLWz0jUe0YcMvpohlMmhUDjlRrAwBJxkqhf9JZcEt0V8v-fsazQyzSHjAOo7iDKKxBquCRwbozA6CciL9k25ouRimjgRNWVaim4NzwxAIxk5ITeJW

Hayi stood up and smoothed out the wrinkles in her dress, Kilju running over to give her makeup a final touch up before the director and cast took place Hayi gushed over the dogs as they took their places on set, trying not to laugh as the ‘pastor’ took his place at the altar.

The staff members ushered Hayi over to where Jaewon stood behind the doors they'd have to walk through together, the older offering his hand once she was next to him. She hooked her arm through his as she was passed a bouquet. The two stood awkwardly, not a word of conversation passing between them after their initial greeting. Hayi just stood looking around at the set, fidgeting a little before one of the staff members spoke up.

“Are you two close?”

She looked over and whispered, “No-” before Jaewon replied with a simple, “We're trying,” so she simply nodded and echoed his words, earning a laugh from the staff members. The cameraman shooting the behind the scenes footage was also holding back a laugh.

D1UvrhcXaGqDPRXgWJgre0mXvPWcVqZlZ_4R378sjv0DnyKphmEUE0CWEkL0QvsGDBnoG2gvawaGhT_KNZGk2ybg8ZkbCEyvetvCt9G4B_g5BqQOO9YQCOzlPsu2bAa_0jKOEudC

As everyone was preoccupied with their giggles and complimenting how good the two looked together, Hayi's eyes surveyed the set, wanting to familiarize herself with the whole feel of the ambience to be able to immerse herself in her role.

Imagine her surprise when her gaze fell on a particularly familiar army green jacket. She squinted, not really believing the sight. But there was no doubt. There he stood, all 5’11” of him, in the flesh. He seemed to be having a chat with an acquaintance.

What is he doing here? She thought to herself, panicking slightly. Was he out of his mind? If Hayi was nervous upon seeing him, her heart was straight up palpitating the next second as she watched him slowly advance towards her.

She froze, trying to telepathically yell at Jiho to get. The. . Out. Or so help her, she would faint. But just as he neared the two main stars of the day, he swiftly brought his gaze to Jaewon, giving him that handshake and half bro-hug guys like to do. Hayi raised a brow, watching as Jiho threw a small, inconspicuous smirk her way.

“Hyung, you made it!”

“I hope I'm not too early,” he said, giving Jaewon a glance over, “but I guess I'm just in time for your wedding?” he jested, glancing over at Hayi and raising his brow just a little, so much so that only she was able to notice it. She could guess he was putting together the pieces of her text from earlier to seeing her in a wedding dress now (which was very distracting and he had to try so hard not to stare at her and in particular her legs ‘cause damn in that dress).

“You actually are, but it's alright, I can spare a little time during my break cos Hayi is shooting solo after this. If you're okay with waiting, that is,” Jaewon continued to speak to his senior, oblivious to the small glances and little exchanges between his ‘wife’ and the man he was talking to.

“Yeah sure, no probs. I'll just chill around if that's okay with you guys?” this time he turned to Hayi quite pointedly and she almost gulped. Instead she bowed professionally, saying that of course, it would be no issue at all. Jiho smiled at this and went off, finding a chair to lounge in while some excited staff members chattered around upon noticing who had come on site.

Once he was a safe enough distance away, Hayi turned to her co-star and raised a brow. “Ah, right!” Jaewon pulled his lips into an apologetic grin. “Sorry I didn't tell you beforehand. I actually asked Zico to come,” he began to explain.

“I wanted some advice since I'm joining SMTM again this year. And since he's not judging but he mentored me last year, I just thought it would be a good opportunity, you know? I asked if we could meet up tomorrow but he said he was busy, but he said he was free today, but it clashed with the shoot… and so-”

Hayi held up a hand and shook her head. “It's okay, you don't need to keep explaining, I understand. Let's just focus on the shoot so we can get it done faster, yeah? Then you two can go have your meeting too,” she concluded. Jaewon nodded just as the director called for everyone to get in their places for the first take.

Hayi inhaled, mentally psyching herself that the shoot was gonna go just fine. But who was she kidding? She didn’t feel like a good actress in the first place, but with Zico there, she was hypersensitive. And the fact that he would be watching her as she had to do a kiss scene with another guy? All she could so was pray that she would survive the remaining 12 hours or so.


a/n: hey guys omg im so so so so soooo sorry i've been dead D"x i lost my muse for this fic but i hate leaving things unended, so i've actually been working on it still despite life being a and hating my guts a lot during this past year and a half long hiatus. that aside, the chapter I wrote ended up being too long so i split it up into 2 parts. If any of yall are still reading this please leave a comment to let me know you're alive :")