Out For Blood

A Million Reasons To Stay, One Reason To Leave

 

Chapter 3

On set…

“Are you sure no one saw you cut the rope for the stage light?” asked BamBam.

“Of course no one did,” said the stagehand.

“Good. Here’s your compensation. And remember this better not get back to me. Keep up the good work and you’ll never have to worry about money again,” said BamBam.

“Thanks. Let me know if you need anything else.”

“Now wait a few minutes after I leave, so no one sees us together,” dismissed BamBam.

 

Phase 1 is done, now time for Phase 2 thought BamBam as he was sitting in his car.

BamBam pulled up a voice distorting app on his burner phone and dialed a number.

Seoul Times, how may I help you?”

“I have some inside scoop on AmeriKong.”

“How do we know if your info is reliable?”

“I have pics for proof and I’m not trying to sell my info.”

“I’m listening. What do you have?”

“I’m sending the pics now. Do as you will. Just make sure, the newbie is mentioned,” said BamBam as he hung up.

 

Next morning at Heavenly Entertainment

“What is this?” said Youngjae, as he held up Seoul Times paper. The headline read Turbulence On Set For AmeriKong. “How come nobody told me about this?”

“How about we dial it down a few notches. It’s way too early,” said Jinyoung. “I didn’t mention it cause I knew you’d overreact; being the drama queen that you are.”

“Yah…you little brat. I am the CEO and one of my artists’ almost got hurt on set. That’s something I should know about. Plus I care for Mark and Jackson, no less than you do,” chastised Youngjae.

“Thanks for your concern hyung. But I was the one we asked Jinyoung not to make a big deal out of it,” said Mark. “I’m fine and nothing happened.”

“Well thanks to BamBam anyways,” said Jackson. “If it wasn’t for him screaming out, I wouldn’t have been able to grab Mark in time.”

“I was just at the right time and place,” said BamBam, shyly. “It’s nothing worth praising.”

“Modesty. I like that,” said Youngjae. “Maybe you can learn a thing or two from your dongsaeng Jackson.”

“Hyung...” pouted Jackson, which caused everyone to laugh.

Jinyoung was so caught up in the moment that he forgot JB was in the room until he made eye contact. The realization caused him to scowl and turned his head away, much to JB’s dismay.

“Now back to the topic at hand,” said Youngjae. “How did the photos get leaked?”

JB sneaked a look at BamBam; who just had a neutral poker face on.

“What did the article all say?” asked JB.

“Nothing damaging towards Mark and Jackson. Just your typical hero saving the damsel in distress…blah, blah, blah. It just makes our company look bad, indirectly portraying that our company can’t take care of our artists,” replied Jinyoung. “I’ll look into the leak and see if we can find the source.”

Good luck with that thought BamBam.

“Here that babe? You’re a damsel in distress,” teased Jackson.

“Whatever,” said Mark, as he got red and playfully slapped Jackson’s arm.

“That’s it?” asked BamBam meekly. “No one else was mentioned?”

“Negative,” said Jinyoung.

Idiots!!! I specially told them to specifically mention me.

“Well now that all of that is cleared up. Let’s talk about the upcoming showcase. We’ll use this opportunity to introduce BamBam as a new artist,” said Youngjae.

“But…,” started Jinyoung.

“No but. This is not a request brother,” rebutted Youngjae. “Mark and Jackson, do you guys have any objections of BamBam being featured in your showcase?”

“Not at all,” said Jackson and Mark in unison.

“See, why can’t you be more like Mark and Jackson and not try to fight with me over every little thing,” said Youngjae.

“Because I know the repercussions. I don’t have anything against BamBam joining my artists. He’s family now. It’s the leech that’s attached to him that I have a problem with,” stated Jinyoung.

“Leech. Really?” hissed JB. “Excuse us everybody,” as he grabbed Jinyoung by the arm and dragged him out of the office.

“Is Jinyoung hyung going to be okay?” asked BamBam.

Mark had an unsure look on his face.

“Should we go after him?” said Jackson.

“Oh don’t worry about him. Seems like JB is the only one who can talk some sense into him,” replied Youngjae. “Now let’s get back to planning the showcase.
 

In the bathroom…

“Let go of me leech,” screamed Jinyoung, as he pulled back his hand from JB. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Can you be anymore louder?” said JB.

“Who cares? This is my company.”

“Do you really want your employees to see our lover’s quarrel?”

“Key word….ex. But I guess you have a point. Why did you drag me out of the office anyways?” asked an annoyed Jinyoung.

“Why? You have the nerve to ask me why? You just called me a leech in front of everyone,” hissed JB.

“And your point is? It’s the truth,” shrugged Jinyoung.

“Is that how you really feel?” asked JB, the hurt shown in his eyes.

Jinyoung faltered for a moment, until he remembered the betrayal he felt when JB went solo.

“Of course. You were always chasing after the wealth and fame. And I was just a pawn in your little game,” scoffed Jinyoung.

Hearing those words, JB grabbed Jinyoung by the shoulders and pulled him into his chest.

“You know that was never the case. Yes I needed the money, but I always loved you Jirongie. And I still do,” pleaded JB. “Why can’t you just forgive me already? You can’t possibly hate me.”

“Love? You must be taking about loving yourself because if you were talking about me, you would’ve never left me. That’s not something you do to someone you claim to love,” responded Jinyoung.

“What do I have to do to prove myself to you that I still love you?” begged JB.

“It’s too late. There’s nothing you can do.”

“You’re lying. I know you still love me. You can’t just forget everything we had.”

“The past is the past. I moved on,” said Jinyoung.

“Apparently not, if you still haven’t forgiven me. And to prove my point, let me remind you of how it used to be,” said JB, as he pulled Jinyoung in for a heated kiss.

Jinyoung would be lying if he said he didn’t miss those lips, but pride reared it’s ugly head. And a broken heart is hard to forgive, let alone forget. To take back control of the situation, Jinyoung bit JB’s bottom lip and drew blood.

“Hey that hurt,” scowled JB.

“That’s not even a fraction of what I felt,” said Jinyoung as he pushed JB off him. “Let me make this clear to you one more time Im Jaebum. We’re done. And don’t you dare try something like that again. My mother and brother may have hired you, but I can easily fire you as well. Now if you’ll excuse me,” said Jinyoung as he wiped off his lips and walked out the door.

No one said it was going to be easy, but I’m not giving up Jinyoung. Not this time. I’ll win your heart once again thought JB.