Issue After Issue With You

Love Is Pain

A/N: Ok, so it's not perfect, but it's written......enjoy~

 

 

"Hyung?"

Kikwang's head snapped up at the familiar voice.

"Dongwoon" he breathed before he broke down again, tears streaming from his pained eyes, head lowered to the ground, loud aching sobs escaping his throat.

This was pain unlike anything he had ever experienced before.

It hurt to breathe.

Every single solitary beat his heart took, felt as though, the organ was encased in a tight fist, threatening to squeeze the very life right out of it.

The maknae stood stock still for a minute, taking in the heartbreaking scene before him. He had never seen his hyung look so broken; it was an upsetting sight, to say the least.

Kikwang was crouching on the ground, his arms wrapped tightly around his own body, his face buried in his knees, wails breaking the stillness of the night, as the older man wept like he never had before.

Dongwoon felt his own chest tighten at the sight. He had to do something, anything was better than standing there gawping at his hyung whilst the other sat in pieces on the cold cement ground.

He rushed towards the older man, kneeling beside his hunched over frame, Dongwoon reached his hands out to caress the others back, just as his fingers brushed against the fabric of his hyungs wife beater, Kikwang jumped at the touch, whirling his whole body around and smashing himself right into his dongsaeng's embrace. Almost sending the younger man crashing backwards with the weight of his muscled form.

Dongwoon's eyes widened as Kikwang wrapped his arms around him, very nearly cutting off his oxygen supply. He slowly raised his own arms, before softly placing them against his hyungs back, not wanting to startle the man again.

"Kikwang, what..."

"It’s over"

He felt his hyung breathe against his collarbone, between gasps for air. His worked up body was shuddering against Dongwoon's still form, as they sat there holding one another.

The maknae's brow was firmly furrowed.

'What the hell was that supposed to mean?'

Before he could voice his question, Kikwang pulled back, his eyes meeting with his dongsaengs. He smiled through the tears, not his usual, wide happy grin. It was lifeless, like his eyes at that moment. It really pained the younger man to see him like that.

Kikwang brought his hands up to clasp Dongwoon's face

"I love you Woonie"

The maknae's confusion only deepened.

Seeing the questions in the younger man’s eyes, Kikwang laughed a little

"Does it surprise you that I love you?" he asked, his tone slightly teasing

Dongwoon shook his head. He brought his own hands up to grasp his hyungs forearms. Kikwangs smile faded

"I do, I love you all, but......" he exhaled loudly into the air, causing a little puff of visible breath to appear between the two for a second, before it diminished into the night.

"But what hyung?" the maknae was more confused now than ever. He couldn't figure out just what the hell the other trainee was trying to say to him. He reached over and took hold of the older man's jawline, bringing his face up so their eyes met.

Kikwang exhaled again, before he spoke

"I have to leave, I......I.......have to......." his voice cracked, tears began to fall from his tightly clenched eyes

"What? Leave? What do you mean?" Dongwoon felt the wetness at the corners of his own eyes. He really hoped his hyung wasn't saying what he thought he was.

Kikwang continued to cry, he couldn't even look at the other man. His heart was breaking twice as bad now.

Dongwoon gripped hold of the dancer’s broad, muscled shoulders, shaking him roughly in an attempt to get the older man to snap out of it and take back what he had just said. If he meant what he thought he did. There was no way he was going to just stand by and watch him go. No way.

Panic rose within the maknae

"ANSWER ME DAMNIT" his screech ripped through the night, forcing his hyungs eyes back to his own.

Kikwang stared open mouthed at his dongsaeng, tears silently trickling down his cheeks, his eyes wide. The younger man's face was also tear stained, but his eyes were narrowed at the man in front of him. He was getting angry.

"What's going on?" his voice was lowered, but his tone was the same as if he had have yelled the query.

Kikwang nodded

"I won’t be debuting with you guys" it came out just how he felt, broken.

"I got that part, but why?"

Seeing the other man shrug his shoulders, Dongwoon saw red. His grip on his hyungs shoulders tightened so much so that the older man winced at the feel of the fingers digging into his skin.

"Don't give me that " the maknae took a deep breath to calm his racing heart before he continued "I come up here to find you, to spend some time with you, because you look like you need a friend right now, only to find you laying on the ground, wailing like a tortured animal"

Kikwang winced at the analogy

"Looking every bit the ripped to shreds human being you no doubt feel, and now you won't tell me anything, other than 'well, it was nice knowing you, but I'm out, bye"

Dongwoon frowned at his hyung. Kikwang shrank back slightly under the intense gaze that came with the narrowed eyes, but the younger man held his grip.

"How do you think that makes me feel, huh?"

Kikwang opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off as Dongwoon continued

"You think I feel good, knowing like you feel that you can't trust me, can't tell me anything, and can’t tell me important things that happen in your life. I'll be there for you no matter what; I want you to know that"

He moved his hands back under the others chin, raising his face, so their eyes met again

"You" he exhaled, exasperated "you should already know that"

Kikwang felt a pang in his chest, and a sting in his eyes

"I do, I.....I.....I'm sorry....." he stuttered

Dongwoon smiled at him, it was warm, genuine, loving

"It's ok hyung. Just......"

He was cut off as Kikwang pulled his body flush against his own. His eyes widened, as for the second time that night, he was harshly tugged into the older man’s embrace. This time he didn't hesitate as he wrapped his arms back around his hyung. Pulling them impossibly closer, he buried his face into the crook of Kikwangs neck. He felt the older man lean his head on his shoulder.

"Woonie, I ed up tonight, but it’s not something I could control, I had to do it for my own sanity. It hurts, but I'm glad I done it. At least now maybe I can get over it and heal quicker" he let out a long sigh

Dongwoon nodded "Does this have something to do with Yoseob hyung?"

He felt the dancer tense against him, before he slowly nodded.

"I thought as much"

"How did you know?"

Dongwoon began to rub circles on the other man’s back

"You are so intense with Yoseob; it’s pretty obvious something had to give"

He felt Kikwang smile against his neck

"When did you grow up so much, huh?"

Dongwoon playfully smacked him upside the head

"You can't just be noticing" he smiled "I see things, more than people think I do. I understand a lot more than I get credit for"

Kikwang frowned "Sorry"

"Stop apologizing" the maknae laughed

"Sor...”the older man cut himself off before he continued the apology

Dongwoon laughed, pulling himself back, his hands resting on Kikwang knees, he saw the small smile on the others lips. His own grin split his face

"That’s better, I never want to see you this upset ever again, and if you are, you come to me, I'll help you out, ok?"

Kikwang nodded, his smile never once faltering

"Promise?" the younger man prodded

"Promise" Kikwang replied

He felt better. Not perfect, but a hell of alot better than he had when the younger man had first found him.

Dongwoon started to stand up, Kikwang reached out to stop him. The maknae paused all movement

"Thankyou" Kikwang smiled up at him

His grin getting wider, Dongwoon leaned forward and pressed his lips to his hyungs.

Kikwangs eyes were like saucers as the younger man broke the kiss

"Anytime" Dongwoon whispered

The sound of the roof door banging loudly, caused both men to turn in its direction.

Both sets of eyes fell upon Yoseob

"Just what the is going on here?" their furious sounding hyung demanded.