5 out of infinity

drabble/one shot dumps

"so, what makes you want to meet here out of all places after, what, two years?" 

"two years. thanks for meeting me." sehun replies, "and stop being dramatic, it's not like we didn't keep in touch or anything." he laughs, eyes wandering around the diner. "nothing really changes here, huh?"

the man sitting across from sehun snickers before taking a sip of his coffee. "i guess so. you know i'm a busy man." he jokes. sehun snorts playfully.

they start catching up a little and reminiscing some old memories, sipping on drinks, munching on waffles and pancakes.

then, a pause. jongin wants to think that it's a comfortable silence, but he also couldn't help but notice the awkwardness between them.

"jongin."

the said man looks up from his waffles, waiting for the other to continue. sehun takes a deep breath.

"i just proposed to soojung. we are getting married." his voice is steady, but jongin could sense that he is nervous. 

oh.

that's why he wanted to meet here.

jongin knows sehun wants to continue; tell him, ask him something. so he waits. 

another pause.

"i'm letting you know because- i've been wondering-" his hands are moving as if trying to explain something. he doesn't need to.

so he reaches out his hand to hold sehun's, patting it gently. 

"i know what you were gonna say. please don't worry about it." a big smile curls up on his lips, something that sehun was hoping for but unsure he'd get and it's such a relief to see it. 

"and dude-" he gently pushes sehun's shoulder. "congratulations! i'm really happy for you guys! i better be the first one to know about this! am i?"

"sorry... suho hyung and jessica noona knew first. they were present when i did it."

jongin lets out a playful groan, his laughter and sehun's mix together. 

 

they bid each other goodbye after two hours in the diner. he watches as sehun brings his car out of the parking lot until it's out of his sight.

yeah, he is genuinely happy for them.

that pang in his chest was just a reaction to how surprised he was. 

he thought he'd be upset, but he actually didn't.

he is happy for them.

 

 

note: it's sloppy, i haven't written in a long time. sorry...