Coffee Love #13 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #13 - A Little Competition
Word Count: 2,632

Date in Chapter: 2016 December 17

Note: The little dance-off thing that Hoseok and Yoongi had been preparing for. Enjoy!

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “I’m not asking you make anything for my movie,” Taehyung says. He had come to the cafe early Saturday morning to meet with Jihoon who was here because Jungkook had work. He wanted to talk to Jihoon about helping him pick out some outfits for a short movie that he wants to film over the winter break. He says he already has some friends who agreed to act, and he even has his sets worked out. All he needs is a stylist for the clothes that the actors would be wearing. “I just want you to help me pick out the clothes.”

“Hyung, he’s a designer,” Jungkook says, handing Taehyung’s hot chocolate over to him. “Not a stylist. Besides, how hard can it be to pick out clothes?”

“Designer. Stylist.” Taehyung says, shrugging before he takes a sip of his cocoa. “What’s the difference?”

“The difference is—”

Here we go, Jungkook thinks as Jihoon goes on another rant about how being a fashion designer and a stylist are two completely different things. Jungkook had heard it all before during one of the little mini arguments between him and Jihoon, but he still likes to pick on his hyung by comparing the two. Jihoon is cute when he gets so into something like that.

“To sum it up, the designers do all the hard work of making something, and the stylists get the easy part of putting stuff together, am I right?” Jungkook asks when Jihoon finishes.

“I didn’t say that.” Jihoon says, as if to defend himself. As far as Jungkook knows, they don’t have any stylist friends that he could be offending, so he doesn’t have to defend himself so strongly. “I just talk up designing so much because I am a designer. A stylist could just as easily make styling sound superior.”

“The way I see it,” Taehyung says after listening to the two for a minute. “Without a designer to make the clothes, stylists wouldn’t have a job. You have every right to feel superior. Besides, a designer is a stylist, but a stylist isn’t necessarily a designer. I mean, you know how to put outfits together.”

Jihoon sighs, and he places his forehead to the counter. “All right, Hyung,” He says without lifting his head. “I’ll help you dress your actors if you really want me to.”

“Well, it’s not like you have anything better to be doing tonight.” Jungkook says, ruffling Jihoon’s hair. “You know, since I’m going to be hanging out with my brother.”

“Then it’s settled,” Taehyung says just as Jimin opens the door to the cafe, Pixie in his hands. They had left her with the groomers earlier, and Jimin had just went to go pick her up. Jungkook can’t complain. Seokjin decided that small dogs could be allowed in the cafe.

“What’s settled?” Jimin asks, taking his seat next to Taehyung.

“Jihoon is going to help me pick out some costumes for my short movie.” Taehyung says, and he presses his lips to to Jimin’s.

“Hey,” Jungkook whines, nudging Taehyung’s shoulder. “It’s not fair if you kiss him in front of me when I’m not allowed to kiss my boyfriend.” He has to be professional.

“I’m sure one won’t hurt,” Jihoon says, finally lifting his head from the counter. He looks at Jungkook with expectant eyes, and Jungkook has to bite his lip to hold himself back from kissing him immediately. “Please?” Jihoon asks, pouting and giving Jungkook a cute, puppy look. “Break the rules once. For me?”

“Just this once.” Jungkook gives in, and he gives Jihoon a quick peck on the lips.

“You two are so gross,” Taehyung says, sliding off the stool. “We’ll be heading out now.” He grabs Jimin’s arm and drags the smaller one with him.

“How are we gross?” Jihoon asks, frowning.

Jungkook can’t help it. “Maybe twice.” He says, and he kisses Jihoon again.

“Don’t make a habit of that.” Jihoon warns him.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        “Why didn’t we just adopt a child?” Seokjin asks, sitting down on the bench, watching as Seoyeon climbs up the stairs again, playing with the other kids on the playground. There aren’t many because of it being winter and all, but some people still enjoy the outdoors. Seokjin and Namjoon had agreed to watching her again while her parents have the day to themselves. “Years will have to pass by before we’re able to do this with our child.”

Namjoon’s exhale sound a little like laughter to Seokjin, and he takes the elders hand into his own. “Because being there to see the baby grow up is one of the best parts about being a parent.” Namjoon tells him.

“But we could adopt a baby.” Seokjin says.

Namjoon laughs again. “If we adopted a baby, Hyung, it would take just as long to grow up as any other baby.” He says.

“If we decide to have more children later, I think we should adopt.” Seokjin says, resting his head on Namjoon’s shoulder.

“As long as you don’t change your mind later, I don’t think that’s a bad idea.” Namjoon agrees.

Seokjin loves the days that he and Namjoon gets to spend with Seoyeon because it really puts him in the mindset of what it’ll be like when he and Namjoon are raising their own baby, which shouldn’t be long from now. It’s moments like these when he’s sure that he and Namjoon are ready for this.

“Uncle Seokjin!” Seoyeon cheers as she comes down from the slide. She rushes up to where Namjoon and Seokjin are, and she hugs Latte around the neck, probably because the dog is warm to cuddle with, and it’s cold out here right now. “I’m hungry.”

Namjoon pulls out his phone to check the time, and he removes his arm from around Seokjin’s shoulder. “It is about time to grab some lunch,” He says, looking at Seoyeon and then to Seokjin. “Where do you want to go eat?”

“Home.” Seokjin easily decides, but he knows that Namjoon won’t go for that. He’s been trying to get Seokjin to stop worrying about cooking every meal on the weekends.

“Mickie Ds!” Seoyeon cheers, but Seokjin has no idea what she’s even talking about. He had never heard of such a place.

“How about Burger King?” Namjoon suggests, and Seoyeon agrees, not seeming to care much.

“But I’m not really in the mood for burgers.” Seokjin complains, pouting.

Namjoon just rolls his eyes and kisses Seokjin’s lips. “Then we’ll stop and get you fried chicken first,” Namjoon promises. “Sound good?”

Seokjin agrees, and everyone is happy.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Taehyung always likes to change things up and try new things, and this weekend, he decided that the thing he wanted to do was visit the outdoor marketplace. It’s perfect because they can buy everything from little trinkets to food and clothes, and Pixie can come along, too, since it’s an outdoors thing.

As they walk, Taehyung shops more for Jimin than for himself. He keeps grabbing different shirts and jackets and hoodies and holding them up to Jimin’s chest, talking about how good Jimin would look in all of them. He doesn’t even seem to pay any mind to who’s around them when he talks about how he wouldn’t be able to resist Jimin in certain outfits, as if he wants the whole world to know that Jimin is his.

“You would look super hot in this,” Taehyung says, holding one of the oversized blouses up to Jimin. It’s a girl’s shirt, Jimin knows, but Taehyung doesn’t seem to care much.

“I thought you didn’t like me in women’s clothes.” Jimin says, lowering the shirt and looking Taehyung in the eye.

“I don’t like you in a dress,” Taehyung says, putting the shirt back on the rack. “Anything else is fine.”

“Even a skirt?” Jimin asks, raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t know.” Taehyung says. “I’ve never seen you in a skirt.”

And Jimin regrets it immediately when Taehyung hums, turning back to the clothes, as if to say ‘but we’re about to find out.’ He finds a regular black skirt with an oversized tank top, and he turns back to Jimin. “Let’s go try this on.” He says, pushing Jimin in the direction of the dressing rooms.

Since dogs aren’t actually allowed in the dressing rooms, they’re made to leave Pixie outside. Taehyung squeezes in with Jimin, saying that he doesn’t want to make him go out in front of everyone to see. Jimin makes Taehyung turn around while he gets changed, and he tells Taehyung when to look.

Taehyung smiles, looking him over, and he grabs the end of the tank top. “Yeah, I think this works on you,” Taehyung says.

Jimin hates Taehyung only for a second, and the only reason he changes his mind is because Taehyung kisses him. Jimin likes kisses. He’s always liked kisses. He would choose kisses over any day, but he’s especially weak to Taehyung’s kisses. The way he knows just how to kiss Jimin. Gentle when he needs to be, and rough when the situation calls for it. He always knows just how to take Jimin’s breath away and make him melt at the simple touch of their lips. Kisses are good. Taehyung’s kisses are the best.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        This is what they had been working up to. Yoongi didn’t think the day of this competition was ever going to come, and it felt like he was honestly forcing himself to learn some dance for no reason. When Hoseok woke him up this morning, he made some joke about how there’s not actually a competition, and he just used it as an excuse to get Yoongi to learn a dance with him. Yoongi was only furious for a moment before Hoseok went into a laughing fit, bubbly as always, and admitted that he was only joking.

“It’s not a big competition,” Hoseok says, lying on his back and pulling his knee up to his chest, working on his stretches. It’s being held in the auditorium of the building where Hoseok’s dance studio is located, and most of the people participating are people who have a studio there. “But I’m still glad you agreed to doing this with me.” He slaps the back of Yoongi’s leg and taps the floor next to him. “Get down here and stretch with me.”

“I’d rather not.” Yoongi refuses, but he sits down next to Hoseok nonetheless.

Just as Yoongi sits, another dancer comes up to join them. “Hoseok,” The dancer says, joining them on the floor, and Yoongi wonders who the hell this is to be able to greet Hoseok informally like that. Yoongi had met a lot of the dancers that Hoseok knows, but he’s never met this one in particular. “I’m assuming you got your husband to agree to dance with you?”

“Yep,” Hoseok says, easily changing to a sitting position and crossing his legs. “Yoongi hyung,” Hoseok says, motioning to Yoongi. “This is Jihwan. He’s kind of new to the building, but his studio is right next to mine.”

“Did you need any help with your stretching?” Jihwan asked, completely ignoring the fact that Hoseok just introduced Yoongi to him.

He’s about to say something, but Hoseok speaks before he gets the chance.

“Thanks, but, if I need any help, I’ll just ask Yoongi hyung.” Hoseok tells him. “Who is your dance partner? I didn’t think you were seeing anyone.”

“I’m not,” Jihwan assures him. “It’s a competition for couple’s dances, but anyone can be your partner. I asked my cousin, Eunjung to do it with me.”

He points somewhere behind him, but Yoongi has no idea who he’s pointing to.

“Oh, well, good luck.” Hoseok says.

“You too.” Jihwan gets up and goes to wherever he said his cousin was.

Yoongi watches as Hoseok begins stretching his arms and shoulders. “You never told me you got a new neighbor,” He says.

“Really?” Hoseok asks, holding one arm in the other, looking Yoongi in the eye. “I’m pretty sure I said something about it once.”

“Not that I recall.” Yoongi says.

“Then I guess I didn’t think it was important enough information to share.” Hoseok says.

With that, Yoongi can’t really argue much. It’s not like Hoseok has to tell him everything that goes on his daily life, and Hoseok is ultimately the one to judge if something important enough to share with Yoongi or not. It’s not like anything could be happening between Hoseok and this Jihwan person. Hoseok wouldn’t do something like that. Yoongi trusts him, so he assures himself that he has nothing to be jealous about.

The competition begins, and each of the teams go out one by one, Hoseok and Yoongi being the last ones to go. Yoongi watched all of the other dances from backstage, so he’s pretty confident that he and Hoseok can win this. Theirs is the best, after all.

When the results were announced later, the Sope dance unit didn’t place at all. From third to first place, Yoongi didn’t hear their name announced, and it hurt him more than he thought it would. Since he and Hoseok have been together, he’s only ever seen Hoseok take some place, first or not, he would at least place. This was the first time Hoseok didn’t make the cut, and Yoongi could only blame himself.

“We should still go out to celebrate,” Hoseok says, hugging Yoongi from behind and pressing a kiss to the side of his face. He doesn’t seem upset at all about having lost, and it pisses Yoongi off.

“I’m sorry,” Yoongi sighs, really hating himself right now. If Hoseok had asked anyone else to dance with him, they probably would have won.

“Hyung, I don’t—”

“It’s my fault.” Yoongi blurts out before he can stop himself. He knows he shouldn’t have a negative attitude about it, but Hoseok is an amazing dancer, and he knows that he did really well himself. Yoongi doesn’t like dancing, but he’s good at it when he puts his mind to it. He doesn’t understand how they could have lost. “You would have had a better chance of winning if you did this by yourself.”

Hoseok laughs, his arms still around Yoongi’s waist, and Yoongi feels Hoseok’s chest vibrating against his back. “I actually wouldn’t have.” Hoseok assures him, nuzzling his face into his neck. “Not having a partner would have been an automatic disqualification.”

“Why aren’t you upset?” Yoongi demands, removing Hose’s arms from his waist. He turns around to face Hoseok, and his own expression softens when he sees Hoseok smiling at him. “What?” He demands. “Why are you so goddamn cheeky all the time?”

Hoseok grips Yoongi’s hips and pulls him closer, and he kisses Yoongi’s forehead. “I don’t care about placing,” Hoseok tells him. “I’m just so happy because you agreed to do this with me.”

“Yeah, and for what? Nothing.” Yoongi says.

“Oh, it was for something.” Hoseok assures him. “The fact that you’re so upset about not placing proves that you cared about this more than I did. And, Hyung, that means everything.”

Moments like these, Yoongi would be lying if he said that they weren’t one of his favorite. He loves it when Hoseok is the collected one. He loves it when Hoseok is so reassuring and can make Yoongi feel safe.

“It means as much to me as you do,” Yoongi mumbles, gripping the hem of Hoseok’s shirt. “Because I did it for you.”

Hoseok can’t seem to wipe that stupid grin off his face, and, the longer he smiles at Yoongi, the harder Yoongi finds it not to smile back.

“In that case, Hyung, you won first place as far as I’m concerned.” He says.


End Note: About the note from the last chapter, I want to apologize. T_T I realize I didn't exactly say what I wanted to, and I think it came off as a little rude and inconsiderate? I guess.

I really just wanted to say that I don't actually expect comments from every one on every chapter. I was mostly concerned with the fact that one of my fellow authors would put so much work into something and not get feedback. I should have thought more about my words before posting, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone (including Yomi).

All of us worked on this chapter, so I hope you guys enjoy it! Maybe we'll do a part two? I don't know.