Intro

The light in my eyes

Kim Youjin had always been free spirited. A little bit too free spirited, if it were up to his parents. But they blamed themselves for that. He never had a care growing up. He never had to work hard, and money was no issue.

He came from a good family, and he had a lot of charisma and charm. The combination was one that almost always guaranteed him everything in life, and getting away with almost everything in life.


 

He was the rebellious one. Loved danger, adrenaline rushes, he liked getting a kick out of life.

What he didn't like, was being tied down.

 

It had long been clear that Youjin, despite being the eldest of 4 boys, would not be the one to take over the family company.

His parents had made peace with that, not worrying because the second son was more than willing to take on the company when the time was there.

He moved out after finishing high school and they had at least hoped that his life would get calmer and that he'd settle down with a nice girl.

 

But that hope was flushed down the toilet as well when he visited home one day, and introduced his boyfriend to them, telling them he was gay. While it certainly explained why he never had a girl over before (though not for lack of trying, there were enough girls interested in the free spirited rebel), his parents hoped it was a phase.

Or that he’d at least be bi.

 

It was not a phase, and he was not bi.

 

So when he, much to everyone's delight, succesfully finished his first year of college, his parents hoped things would be alright.

 

He was the “princely rebel” in his parents’ social circles and everyone loved him for it. He was polite, well mannered and actually did really well in school, despite being a rebel.

So him announcing that he was going to put his studies on hold shocked everyone.

 

Just like his parents, the rest of their acquaintances (at least, those who cared), they had expected him to finally calm down. And now he announced he wanted to travel the world.

 

In the end, his parents agreed to let him travel, on one condition. He was to get married before his 21st birthday, effectively giving him about 2 years. If he did not get married by then, they would pick a partner for him.

He agreed, not worrying about the future. After all, he had 2 years right?


In the end, time might have gone by faster than he expected.