HE JUST SMILED (2)

Genie


Chapter 2

 

 

Choi Seunghyun, popularly know as T to the O to the P has been summoned to Incheon International Airport. He has been sitting at a hard bench for the past hour holding a sign, wearing a black bonnet, striped pants, plain white tees and a leather jacket. 

 

"Im looking like such an idiot when im picking up a supermodel." He hissed to himself. He's been pissed since he was waiting for an hour already. He was supposed to have a meeting with his sajangnim when he received a message saying that the meeting was moved to the airport. 

 

.. and since he is an idiot he believed it. And now here he is, waiting. The meeting was not moved, obviously. He was moved though, to being a welcome party to the niece of his boss who is back in Seoul for redemption, atleast thats what he thought. 

 

"Why would she go back anyway. She's already in Hollywood. It must be something big, its a scoop." Now Choi Seunghyun otherwise known as TOP is considering being an insider or a source to TMZ or something since he has seen it on TV before. He was smiling like a maniac alone and already daydreaming about his will be mansion in Cali and the life as a bachelor if he unfolds the supermodels' scandal.

 

"Hello?" A girl with sunglasses and a red coat approached her. "Im Dara. Are you the one picking me up?" 

 

TOP looked at her from head to toe. (note: italicized words with (') means that its the persons inside thoughts) 'hmp! this is not a models body. she looks like she hasnt eaten in a month! and her skin. God her skin its white but its not enough!' with this thought, TOP simply diverted his attention to the arrival gates, completely ignoring the girl.

 

"Excuse me? Do you not understand me?" Dara said slightly annoyed. 

 

TOP looked at her, "Joseong haeyo. Im not TOP, I just look like him." He smiled politely and turned his back on her. 

 

Dara thought, 'Geuneun mueos-eul malhago? And who the fck is TOP? Actually, why would anyone be named TOP?'

 

Still Dara followed him, "Mister whoever-you-are, you're holding the sign with my name which means you're here to fetch me, right?"

 

TOP sighed, "I can give you a sign, just stop bothering me, okay? Im waiting for someone. And dont tell anyone that its me." TOP looked for BIGBANG postcards in his pocket and signed on one, handing it to her and bowed. He walked away from her.

 

'Aish. He's twisted.' Dara looked at the postcard. "Oh? BIGBANG? What is that?" She looked at TOP's back and an idea ticked like a lightbulb in her head. "Yah!!!!" She hit his head. "Choi Seunghyun?"

 

TOP turned to her and immediately clamped shut. "Miss, I already told you not to tell anyone that Im here." 

 

Dara hit his hand so that he let go of which was answered by an "Ouch."

 

She removed her sunglass and smiled brightly at him. "Its me!"

 

Silence.

 

They looked at each other. Dara smiling, and TOP just looking.

 

Silence..

 

"And who are you?" TOP asked, puzzled.

 

"Me. Dara. Sandara Park."

 

TOP thought for a while. "Are you perhaps sajangnims' niece and Seungri's cousin?"

 

Dara smiled. Well she in the sajangnims' niece but she doesnt know who Seungri is but decided to agree anyway. "Thats right!"

 

TOP bowed. "Annyonghasseyo." 

 

Dara bowed too and smiled at him too. TOP smiled too, awkwardly. "And how do you know me?"

 

Dara chuckled. "I dont." 

 

"You dont? But you called me by my real name earlier, Miss Dara." TOP said, confused.

 

"Ah. Yeah, I read it on the postcard. Youre names are written below your picture. I figured it was you because you were the tallest in the picture. and you werent listening to me so I thought that if I act like I know you then you would pay attention."

 

TOP scratched his head, 'Well she's certainly something. Weird.

 

"This way, then." TOP gestured his hand to the way his car was parked.

 

 


*****  * *** * * ** **** *****

 

 

'Aish. Why are there so many papparazis here. Did they know of my arrival?' Dara thought as she saw the swarmed reporters and fans outside her uncle's building. It got even crazier when they saw the car approaching. 

 

"Excuse me?" TOP looked sideways at her still trying to maneuver the car without actually crashing somebody. "Uhm, is there like an underground parking or something since it looks like the media has found out about my arrival and I dont think I can get out of the car with everyone taking a picture of me." She said, slightly boastful while smiling. 

 

TOP smirked. 'What. And she thought these people are waiting for her? God. She doesnt even know the first thing about KPOP. And thats B to the I the G BANG'

"Dont worry. They wont take pictures of you." He smiled at her as he parked the car. 

 

Dara looked at him, her brows raised. "Why would you say that? They came here for me. Look. Theyre already swarming the car." 

 

"Dont worry." TOP chuckled. "Just get out of the car."

 

Dara shook her head. 'This man is already annoying. He's not even a gentleman. And why wont he listen to her?' She took a deep breath and opened the car door.

 

There were millions of flash but she kept her head low. She stepped out of the car gracefully keeping her sunglass on and covering her body with her coat. 'Its hard being famous.' She thought but as she close the car door she realized that the mass of people have left her and all went to drivers' side.

 

'Mwo?! Theyre ignoring me and going to that tall guy??!' Dara gaped at how may people are going to him when security arrived to her and most especially him out of the crowd of people. She can hear some of their questions.

 

"TOP-ssi who is she? Is she your secret girlfriend?"
"When is Bigbangs' most awaited comeback?"
"We heard about you collaborating with Gummy, is this true?"

 

'Hul. I doubt anyone would date this guy.' She scoffed as she arrived at safety of the lobby of YG Entertainment. 

 

"Dangsin-eun gasu ya?" Dara asked him pointedly. 'Because you certainly dont look like one.'

 

"Neh. Sasil laepeo iya" TOP said scratching his head.

 

Dara faced him, "So you knew that they were there for you thats why you said that in the car?"

 

"Well yes, I saw the fans' banner and it always happens so I expected it." 

 

Dara nodded and looked at the reception. "Hi. Can you tell Uncle Yang that im here."

 

The receptionist smiled respectfully, "Do you have a reservation, Ma'am?"

 

"I dont think I need a reservation to meet him and this isnt even a restaurant to have reservations, just tell him Im here. And tell him, ppalli." 

 

'Certainly something.' TOP thought, "I guess I'll take my leave then, Miss Park." He bowed and Dara just nodded at her as she took a seat in the sofa. TOP scratched his head, 'Redemption, it is.


 

 

**********  ** **** ** *** * ** * * * *

 

 

Dara rolled her eyes for the nth time. She had been reasoning that she could just stay in the hotel while she's here or maybe rent a condo. But her Uncle said that he arranged for her to stay at one of his artists' dorm. 

 

"I cant stay at an artists' dorm. I won't. Why do I even have to." She pouted and immediately regretted it as soon as her Uncle gave her a hard gaze. 

 

"I already arranged it, Dara-ah. And besides youre here under my supervision. So you follow whatever I say." He sternly says. "Go have lunch in the cafeteria or wait at one of the practice room. Just do whatever you want. In the bulding. I'll take you to the dorm after I'm done with todays work."

 

Dara shrugged and bowed. Leaving the room quietly. And when she shut door. "UGH CHINCHAAAAAAA!!!" And stomped her feet. 

 

Seungri dropped his yogurt in shock. 'Oh? Who is that babe over there?' He said as he quietly approach the fueled Dara. 'I think I know her. Could it be?'

 

"Dara noona?" 

 

Dara immediately stopped her stomping and look at the guy who looks more like a panda than a human. "Who?" She asked. 

 

"You? Dara noona!!!!!!!!!" He immediately hugged at her really tight as she try to escape his hugs. And shout for help.

 

"YAH!!! Yah. Who are you?" Dara hit his arm, his head, but no use. He just wont let go.

 

"YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"


 

 

***** **  * *** * * * * * * * **

 


"Pfffft" Sol spit his juice after getting shocked at a really loud scream. "Hyung, did you hear that?"

 

His hyung nodded and kept on smiling like an idiot at the corner. "Do you know whoever that is?" He nodded. Sol got annoyed on how his hyung wont answer him properly and just went out of the recording studio to see what happened.

 

His little eyes went wide at what he saw. "YAH! Seungri!! What are you doing???!!"

 

He ran and help contain the panda out of control. Their sajangnim was also out if his office and looking slightly annoyed. His hyung also followed him out and looked while still smiling. 

 

He shook his head, "Hyung. Whats so funny about this? Our maknae is harassing somebody."

 

TOP chuckled, "He's not. Its his cousin."

 

Sol looked shocked while Seungri nodded repeatedly, "Thats right. Dara noona., why do you not remember me??" He asked sadly while pouting. 

 

Dara looked at her uncle and the three guys in front of her. They seem oddly familiar. But thats not the problem. She's been harassed! "Uncle. You have to take him to prison. He was harassing me. He's a ert!"

 

TOP and Sol snorted. YG looked at them sternly which made them serious, "He wasnt. He's your cousin." 

 

Dara looked at him. "Unbelievable." She whispered.

 

"Thats right. Its really unbelievabe." Sol said in agreement.

 

TOP smacked his head. "Yah. Youngbae-ah." He said sternly. "Its alright. Dara-ssi. He's really your cousin. And he's also a real ert." 

 

TOP and Sol broke into a fit of laughter. While YG shook his head, helpessly.


 

 

********* * * * * ***** ***** * * *

 


Dara sat at the conference room with his Uncle, TOP and Sol. She met them earlier also this guy that was supposed to be his cousin. Seungri. There are also two other guy. One looks really nice since he's smiling, he's whole face is actually smiling, Daesung. And the other one looks like a snob. He has this aura. And he hasnt even glance at her one bit, his name is Jiyong. 'Does he not know me at all? Hul.'

 

"Noona. Dont be mad at me" Seungri whispered near her ear. And she nodded trying to get away with him. 'Personal space. Eeeeek!'

 

YG cleared his throat. "How's the renovation in your dorm, Jiyong-ah?"

 

The snob guy nodded, "Its good. But it will take more time for it to finish." 

 

YG nodded and thought for a moment. "Okay." He said, then stood up. "The reason you guys are here is because youre new housemate has arrived."

 

'Could it be?' TOP, Sol and Seungri thought and looked shocked at Dara.
 

'No! Please. Dont tell me..' Dara thought already closed to tears. 

 

YG clapped his hand. "Thats right. What you guys are thinking is right. Dara, my niece will start living with you guys from today on." 

 

"WHAT!!??" Dara asked, slightly shocked but really mad. 

 

"Yes sajangnim, I dont think itd be okay to let her stay in a place full of guys." TOP said, as Sol agreed. 

 

Seungri pouted, "Aw, gwenchana! I'll protect my noona." 

 

Dara smiled a really forced smile at him. "You cant mean that. I told you I'll just have a place for my own." She told her uncle. 

 

"Ani, Dara-ah. You have to be safe. And i trust these boys for anything. So you stay with them. Besides, you'll have a room of your own." YG said dismissively.

 

"But the renovations arent finished." Jiyong said. Looking at Dara stoicly and turning his attention back to his sajangnim.

 

YG smirked. "Then she should stay at one of your rooms."

 

"MWO?????!!!" Dara, TOP, Sol, Seungri and Jiyong said in unison. And Daesung?

 

He just smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

Cant believe I actually made it to Chapter 2. And if anybody can guess how I write my chapter titles, I'll update 2 chapters immediately!!! :)