난 집에 갈거야 (1)

Genie

 

Chapter 1

 


"You have got to be kidding me." Dara said as she tried to swallow her pancakes.

 

"Im not, actually and sadly." Her dad said while looking pointedly at her. "This.. whatever is happening with you and the social scene isnt good for us anymore."

 

Dara rolled her eyes. "Oh. So when I was walking for Marc Jacobs, Balmain and Calvin Klein fashion shows I was the gem of the company but now that the papparazi caught me drunk on the way home.. Im no good anymore?"

 

Her father sighed. "What happened Dara-ah? Why did you let all of this happen? And its not just getting caught drunk on the way home but there was this incident at some artist party, and that press conference where you just literally looked at your phone the whole event when you were supposed to actually deliver a speech."

 

Dara looked down but still not giving in. "I am not going back to Seoul, Dad." She sighed. And pushed her plate, leaving the table. 

 

"Too late, Dara-ah. Booked your ticket and your stuff is ready.Now spend your last day here at home and we'll have dinner tonight."

 

"What?" She turned around. "You're not even going to let me say goodbye to everybody? Not even to my boyfriend?" 

 

Her father smiled at her. "You've been with them straight for the past 6 or 7 years. You are not going out today. If you have to say goodbye to them, they will come here. You will not come to them." Her father finished his plate and stood up, "As for Donghae, I won't hinder your relationship with him anymore. Although, I know you  hate long distance relationships.. but it will still be your choice. Now, will you excuse me? I have a company to run."

 

She scoffed. "And thats the point, Dad. Run your company, not my life. Stop ruining it for me."

 

"Im not ruining it for you. Im saving it. And why are you so stressed about it? Its just a year. And besides, its an internship at an artists' company. You'll do well. And maybe even create a name for yourself there." Her dad chuckled. "And wouldnt it be fun to be supervised by everyones favorite uncle?"

 

Dara hated his father at the moment. Well, nobody loves that uncle, actually everybody is scared of that uncle.  

 

Dara rolled her eyes. "Stop rolling your eyes at me. Im a wonderful Dad!"

 

Dara turned around and ignored her childish Dad shouting for respect. She stomped her feet as she went up the stairs.

 

"Aigooo. That girl.. how dare she turn her back at me." He puffed his cheeks as he walks to his office. Still sulking.


 

* **** ** * * **** * *  * * *    ** * ***********

 


Dara sighed for the nth time its almost midday and she hasnt even talk to Donghae yet. Well she never really tried calling him and she's kind of scared to. What would she say? Why would she leave in a days notice? It was so annoying. And her Dad. Oh her dad.. just thinking about him makes her head pound.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHH appa youre so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She shouted on her pillow. "How can I go back there? I lived here all my life. I dont even know anyone. Aigooo." She began rolling on her bed. She isnt going to figure out anything by just laying in bed. But part of her seriously doesnt want to face any living creature right now, specially her Dad and Donghae. 

 

She'll miss him. She'll miss him so much. So much that thinking about it hurts. But she knows she cant escape this and part of her wants to go back, too. Wanting to explore a new place, new thing. She feels like she wants to change although she doesnt know why.

 

She was in the middle of rolling on her bed when somebody knocked. "Miss."

 

She sighed. Perfect. Butler Choi knocking means that her dad wants something of her. "Ne?"

 

The door opened. "Miss." Butler Choi bowed. "Mr. Park wont be able to make it to your dinner tonight. He had to leave for an urgent meeting overseas."

 

She scoffed. "He was the one who invited me and yet he cant make it?! He is annoying huh." 

 

Butler Choi cleared his throat. "With this reason Miss, your flight has been moved to tonight at 8pm."

 

"What???????????????!"

 

"Yes, Miss." 

 

"What????!!!"

 

"Yes, Miss." Butler Choi repeated.

 

"What????!!!!"

 

"Yes, Mi--"

 

"Stop Butler Choi." She said holding her hand up in the air. "You were not meant to answer. It was like.. I was talking to myself. And it doesnt need an answer. You know?"

 

Butler Choi looked shock. He stood motionless.

 

"Uh.." She scratched her head. "Hehe. Youre excused?"

 

Butler Choi hurriedly left her room. She plopped down the bed with a scream.


 

********************* * * * ** * ** *

 


 "Oh come on babe. Just one more round.." The girl said trying to put herself above the young man lying next to her. They have been at it all night and a little this morning too but she wants more. And she doesnt want to let him go. 

 

The young man blinked and then blinked again. His eyes hurt too much because of the sunlight peeking through the curtains. "Ugh." He groaned. He rolled so that he would get away from the girl, whom he thought is his girlfriend.

 

The girl pouted. He's regaining his consciousness, and once he does he'll hate her. Forever. "Come on, Donghae. Just one more and I'll leave baby." She tried reaching for him but as soon as she said baby he jumped up and looked at her with horrified eyes.

 

"Jessica?!! What are you doing?" He looked at her and himself, . "Why are you here? Why? Did we..?" He groaned and stood up while putting on his boxers.

 

"We obviously did, babe." Jessaica said, giving up and also starting to dress herself. "What are you so stressed about? Im your girlfriend."

 

Donghae scowled at her, "We were over 3 years ago! 3 years ago! When you cheated on me!" 

 

Jessica immediately wiped the tear that rolled down on her pretty face. She sighed. It was no use trying to reason to him. She didnt cheat on him. It wasnt a choice. She chuckled. "And you didnt? You were with Dara a month after we broke up, obviously you were the one cheating on me."

 

"I never cheated on you! I love you!" He paused. "I loved you, Jessica. Its just maybe were not meant to be together, you know?"

 

"And what?" Jessica smiled. "You and Dara, huh? You were meant to be together?" She bowed her head down. They were in the same group. They were friends. She and Dara used to be so close even when she knew that deep inside Dara really liked Donghae. She never got mad, never hated her. Maybe thats because Dara knew where she stand and she never tried stealing him away. She loved that girl as a sister. And then it all happened. And everybody hated her. "I love you. And I know you love me, still." She looked at him in the eye.

 

Donghae sighed. "I love Dara." He entered the bathroom but not before telling her to leave.

 

Jessica cried silently. She wont. She knows that Donghae loves her. Because last night when he was so drunk and making love to her. It was her name that he uttered and not Dara's.

 


***  * * **               * * * ** ** ***** * *

 

 

Dara walks solemnly at the stairs while looking around the house. Its the last time she was going to see this. It'll be two years and although she knows that its short, a lot of things will change and she wont be able to see it. 

 

She smiled at Nanny Lu, her babysitter or teensitter as her father calls her just to be "in". "Nan, take care of appa. I know he's old." She chuckled. "But he's still a child and he's going to be lonely by himself here." Nanny Lu nodded while holding her hand teary eyed. They walked hand in hand to the car.

 

She gave her one last hug and entered the backseat.

 

"Now, one more farewell." She whispered, looking at her iphone. 

 

There were three rings and no answer. She frowned. Donghae never lets her hear the second ring. He always answers the moment she calls. She got nervous but shook the feeling away. "One more time." She said as she press dial again.

 

"Hello?" She breathed. "Hello? Dara-ah? Baby?"

 

"Donghae.." She sighed his name. Tears pooled in her eyes and she wiped them immediately. 

 

"Whats wrong baby? Im sorry I didnt call earlier.. I was.. busy. I just got up and.." She frowned at his words but they werent important now. She had to tell him but he was too busy speaking she cant even interrupt him. 

 

"Im leaving." She finally said.

 

"What?" He half shouted. "What are you talking about?"

 

She shifted the phone to her other ear. "Im leaving tonight for Seoul." She chuckled despite the sadness. "Actually, im on my way to the airport now." She can only hear his breathing. "Im sorry, Donghae-ah. Its just that dad prepared all this. And i cant say no, especially its my uncle thats supervising me there."

 

Donghae sighed. "Uncle YG huh?" Donghae knew how terrified she is of that uncle. He used to visit her in LA and she introduced Donghae way way back when things where still different. "I'll miss you, Dara-ah. I wish I can come with you."

 

"I know." She badly wanted that but she cant. It wont work and she knows that Donghae doesnt want to go too. "But you cant. And Im sorry."

 

"Why do you keep on saying sorry baby. Its not your fault." She can hear the fear in his voice. Maybe he knows. Maybe he knew that it wont work out for her. Minutes passed and Donghae pleaded, "Dont do it, Dara-ah. Please."

 

She wiped her tears. "Im sorry. When I get back and youre still waiting. Then maybe.. I cant do long distance relationships. You know how much it broke me before. I wont do it again." she cried silently her voice cracking. "Im sorry. Just.. Im sorry. Nal gidaelyo" 

 

She cried as she hugged her phone. It hurt to break up with him but she knows that it'll hurt more if it continues. She watched the car window as the airport came to view. "Annyeong LA. Nan jib-e galgeoya"

 

 

 

 

 

I did not proofread this T______T