新朋友

Room 314

 

tnx for 30 subs ily 


Kyungsoo wakes up at 6 on the dot the next day.

She’s usually up early in order to make breakfast and get a little cleaning done before she leaves for school. Being the youngest child means that Minseok and Chanyeol are completely against her getting a part time job to help provide for the household so she makes up for that by taking care of their home to the best of her ability.

Careful not to make too much noise, Kyungsoo takes a long, hot shower and gets dressed before she starts on the task of thoroughly cleaning the house. Due to Minseok being a neat freak herself, even with Chanyeol’s inevitable clutter, the house is never too messy. It only takes ten minutes for Kyungsoo to clean up the leftovers from the night before and take care of the remaining dishes in the sink. Once she’s done, she turns on the stove and moves to cooking breakfast.

She’s just finished warming up the rice when Chanyeol finally strolls into the kitchen, still dressed in his pajamas and rubbing at his eyes. 

“Morning Soo,” Chanyeol yawns. He pulls out a chair and takes a seat at the table, folding his arms and resting his head on the table top. “Do you want a ride to school?”

“Not today,” Kyungsoo answers, her voice uncertain. She had made the decision to go over to Taeyeon’s house just before school began with home baked cookies as an apology but the more she thinks about it, the more stupid it sounds to her. Her cookies are delicious but they aren’t that good, no matter what Chanyeol claims.

“Suit yourself,” Chanyeol shrugs. Kyungsoo places a bowl of now warmed rice and beef with kimchi in front of him and he eagerly digs in, closing his eyes and letting out a pleased moan as soon as the chopsticks enter his mouth. “This is why you’re my favorite sister.”

Kyungsoo rolls her eyes, taking off her apron and sitting on the chair next to Chanyeol’s with a plate of food of her own. “Don’t let Minseok hear you say that.”

“I may be stupid but even I value my life too much for that,” Chanyeol’s expression suddenly turns into one of disgust. “Speaking of Minseok, don’t bother to save any for her or Luhan. I heard them last night and they definitely won’t be up anytime soon.”

“That’s disgusting,” Kyungsoo looks down at her meal. She’s been anxious all morning and coupled with the sentiment of disgust that's been generated from Chanyeol’s statement, she’s certain she won’t be able to keep anything she eats down. She knows about Minseok's and Luhan's capades. She just wishes she didn't.

“Tell me about it,” Chanyeol nods wholeheartedly. He surprises Kyungsoo the next second by suddenly wrapping his hands around her waist and burying his face in her hair. “Soo, promise Oppa you’re never going to get a boyfriend. You’re going to stay and take care of Oppa forever, right?”

Kyungsoo sighs but doesn’t push him off, allowing him to smother her in affection. When they were kids, Kyungsoo had been completely obsessed with her brother, forever trying hard to get his affection. He had never let her hang out with him and his friends or play with his toys but that hadn’t stopped Kyungsoo from thinking he was the coolest older brother ever. She had happily declared everywhere that when she grew up, she was going to be her older brother’s bride.  All that changed quickly enough but it doesn’t stop Chanyeol or Minseok from bringing to embarrass her from time to time.

Kyungsoo’s alarm goes off and she glances down at her watch to see that it’s already seven. After knowing Taeyeon for ten years, Kyungsoo knows that Taeyeon will leave her house at exactly 7:10 so she can be at school by 7:30 in order to do her duty as a class monitor. Kyungsoo looks at the plate of cookies on the counter that she spent her morning baking, debating whether or not to give them to Taeyeon. You think I was trying to sleep with your boyfriend so here are these cookies, I really hope we can be friends again. The idea would be laughable if it wasn’t so sad.

The sensation of her forehead being flicked by Chanyeol’s finger draws her out of her daydream. She her head to the side, blinking at him in confusion.

“You’re thinking too much,” Chanyeol grins as he pinches one of Kyungsoo’s soft cheeks. 

Kyungsoo slaps his hand away, smiling. She picks up her own plate and empties it into the garbage before placing it in the dishwasher. Hesitantly, she reaches for the cookies, hoping that going to see Taeyeon wouldn’t be a mistake. She says a quick goodbye to Chanyeol before heading to the front door and putting on her outdoor shoes so she can leave the house.

Taeyeon’s house is on the same street as Kyungsoo’s, so Kyungsoo is standing at her front door in no time. Kyungsoo presses on the doorbell, unconsciously holding her breath as she waits for a response.

It comes the next minute in the form of Taeyeon’s mother who looks surprised to see the girl standing in front of her. “Kyungsoo? Why are you here?”

Kyungsoo’s heart starts to beat a mile a minute. She should have expected Taeyeon to tell her mom about what happened, Taeyeon tells her mom everything, but at the same time, she hadn’t wanted to think about that. Mrs. Kim has always been a second mom to Kyungsoo, especially after Kyungsoo’s actual mother died, and the thought of the sweet woman hating her makes her heart hurt.

“I wanted to see Taeyeon,” Kyungsoo’s mouth feels like it’s full of wool and her words are hesitant but she forces herself to keep speaking. “I made cookies.”

“Taeyeon already left for school with a few friends,” Mrs. Kim is smiling but Kyungsoo can see the obvious concern in her eyes. “I thought she told you.”

“0-0h yeah, it totally slipped my mind. She mentioned that she would leave early yesterday,” Kyungsoo lies with a smile. She holds out the plate of cookies, bowing slightly as she does so. “Can you please give these to Taeyeon for me?”

“Of course. I’ll make sure to tell Taeyeon you came over,” Mrs. Kim accepts the cookies gladly. “Goodbye, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo mumbles a polite goodbye, waiting until the door is closed on her face before she starts to walk away. The chill of the February breeze suddenly hits her and she wraps her arms around herself. In her haste, she forgot to grab a sweater to wear and the decision was coming back to bite her in the .

She considers going back home and getting a sweater, and maybe a ride from her brother, then decides that it isn’t worth it. She resolves on heading to school early, even if Taeyeon isn’t there with her. 

Bringing out her cell phone, Kyungsoo sends a quick text to Taeyeon.

can we talk? 

It’s read ten minutes later but a reply never comes.


The school day is over and Kyungsoo has all but given up on seeing Taeyeon when she’s cornered in the bathroom.

It happens too fast for her to comprehend what’s going on. One minute she’s washing her hands in the bathroom sinks and the next she’s backed up against the wall by three senior girls.

One of them is Taeyeon, not surprisingly, but she doesn’t know the other two. They’re wearing the third year uniform tie so Kyungsoo guesses they must be Taeyeon’s senior friends. She’s seen them around school a few times but has never actually interacted with them, not until now.

The first one, who has short hair dyed blonde and a rather large chest, effectively traps Kyungsoo by stretching her hands out on either side of Kyungsoo’s head. Kyungsoo presses further back into the wall, wanting nothing more than to be able to sink into it at the moment. Out of desperation, she looks to Taeyeon for support but the older girl is stonily staring at the ground.

“Hey, ,” Kyungsoo winces at how easily the words roll off the girl’s tongue. “We heard about you trying to steal Baekhyun’s man.”

“It’s a misunderstanding. I was-“

“Shut up,” girl number two snaps. She’s tall with sharp eyes and a mean looking face if Kyungsoo has ever seen one. “You still have the guts to lie?”

“I can’t believe she had the guts to try for Baekhyun in the first place.” the first girl giggles, cruelly. “No offense love but you’re fat and plain. You wouldn’t be able to get the ugliest guy in school, let alone Baekhyun who’s already madly in love with Taeyeon.”

Kyungsoo forces herself to calm down. She isn’t going to cry, not in front of them. She isn’t going to give them the satisfaction of knowing they got to her. She blinks rapidly, looking at Taeyeon who’s still staring at the ground, tight-lipped. Taeyeon isn’t enjoying this, Kyungsoo can tell that much. But she isn’t willing to step up and tell them to cut it either.

“I hear that her family is poor too. No wonder she never wears name brand clothes.”

“She probably can’t even afford knockoffs.”

“Don’t you dare talk about my family,” Kyungsoo finally snaps, letting her anger bleed into her words. She can take people insulting her, but she can’t stomach people insulting her family, the most important people in the world to her.

For a second, the two girls look surprised that Kyungsoo would speak back to them and Kyungsoo takes pride in the small victory. They quickly recover from the surprise, their previous amusement turning into raw anger.

“How dare you speak to me like that?” the first girl hisses, grabbing a lockful of Kyungsoo’s hair and tugging on it sharply enough to make Kyungsoo’s eyes water. “Do we look like we’re the same status? .”

“You should teach her lesson.” 

“You’re right,” the grip on Kyungsoo’s hair loosens and she takes a gulp full of air, finally being able to breathe again. “How about we strip her and take pictures to upload online?”


Tao’s eyeliner wing is smudged.

School has just ended and she knows Sehun and Jongin will be waiting for her by the entrance so they can go pay a visit to the cake place that just opened by the school before they go home together.

She pouts as she stares into the bathroom mirror. Apart from the wonky eyeliner, her makeup is even better than usual. Her father has just come back from his latest business trip in Canada and a Chanel makeup kit was amongst the plethora of things he had gifted her with. 

Shrugging to herself, she focuses on the task ahead: reapplying her lip gloss. She opens the tube and is about to apply the shimmery lip gloss when an annoyingly nasal voice draws out her attention.

“How about we strip her and take pictures to upload online?”

Tao pauses, her lip gloss halfway to her face. She doesn't want to get invoked in other people's business but it's inconvenient to do her makeup with someone being bullied in the background. She spins on her Gucci sandals, clutching Burberry bag to her as she walks to the entrance on the door to see three girls surrounding another girl.

It takes her a moment but she recognizes the girl obviously being bullied as one of her classmates, a quiet girl who goes by the name of Do Kyungsoo. Tao is unsure why anyone would find the need to pick on the girl. Tao is regularly updated on all the gossip that's going on in school and Kyungsoo has never been involved in anything. The girl keeps mostly to herself, in class and out of it. But it's obvious she must have offended these three girls somehow or they wouldn't be hounding her right now.

"What's going on?" Tao asks, her voice casual. Her sharp eyes move from the girls to Kyungsoo who's standing tight-lipped and pale, in the center of the three of them.

"Tao," one of the girls, a third year who goes by the name of Yuna, responds. She turns away from her previous hold on Kyungsoo and gives an obviously fake smile. "We're just dealing with this who tried to seduce Taeyeon's man."

Tao raises an eyebrow, looking at Kyungsoo. The girl still isn't saying a thing. Growing up in the cutthroat life of being an heiress has led her to be able to tell someone's personality from just a look, and everything about Kyungsoo screams good girl.

"Are you sure?" Tao asks, folding her arms and standing to her full height, which is a full five inches taller than any of them.

"Completely," the second girl, Jimin, nudges the third who Tao now recognizes as Taeyeon. "Taeyeon saw it with her own eyes. Right Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon nods, looking hesitant. Tao can tell the older girl isn't comfortable with the bullying but doesn't want to step in and say anything. Tao pinches her nose and sighs, it's only her luck that she has to get involved in something like this when she's supposed to be on a cake date with Jongin.

"Really? Because I'm certain it's all a misunderstanding," Tao gives a smile that’s just as fake back. "If you have any issue with my friend, you should direct it to me but can you do it later? We have somewhere to be right now."

All three girls look shell shocked as Tao links arms with Kyungsoo, pulling the shorter girl out of the bathroom. Tao manages to get her all the way to the hallway before Kyungsoo finally reacts and tries to pull away.

"What are you doing?" Kyungsoo frowns, digging her heels into the floor so that Tao can't drag her any further. 

"I'm helping you," Tao rolls her eyes, dropping Kyungsoo's arm and turning around so that they're standing face to face. "You're welcome."

"I didn't ask for help," the shorter girl responds, but the frown drops from her face, leaving her expression open. "But thank you."

Tao is suddenly struck by how cute the girl is. She's much shorter than Tao, who's pushing 5'9 and still growing steadily. Her eyes are large in contrast to Tao's small ones and her skin is milky pale. She isn't chubby exactly, but she's got a nice amount of fat on her cheeks and thighs that complement her baby face nicely.

"You're so adorable!" Tao squeals, suddenly reaching out to pinch Kyungsoo's chipmunk cheeks. "Come home with me and let me feed you cake." 

Kyungsoo blinks, looking too surprised to manage a reaction. Tao smiles wider, flinging her long arms around Kyungsoo's shoulders. "Come on, It's my treat."

"Thanks but I've got to get home," Kyungsoo shrugs. She looks highly uncomfortable, standing there in her school uniform.

"Listen, sweetheart," Tao's tone is sweet but with a hard edge. "Those girls you pissed off aren't going to leave you alone. Not unless you've got someone like me watching out for you. If you want to continue with your peaceful high school life, it's best to do what I say."

Kyungsoo stares at her with an unreadable expression. Her eyebrows are furrowed as she bites her lip softly, appearing lost in thought. She finally sighs and gives a small nod, looking smaller than ever as her hands loosely gripped the hands of her backpack. 

Tao gives a victory smile as she links arms with Kyungsoo once more. The Korean girl doesn't appear to be wearing any makeup, Tao notices. She makes a mental note to do something about that later, and also to get her a decent pair of shoes, and a nice bag. Tao likes to think of herself as a nice person, but even she isn't nice enough to hang around someone who looks like they go shopping at street vendors.

"Let's go eat cake," Tao announces, pulling Kyungsoo determinedly. "You look like you'd enjoy that."

She doesn't give Kyungsoo enough time to respond to the double sided comment as she finally spots Sehun and Jongin. Tao gives a small yell, waving furiously. Sehun looks up immediately from his phone. His platinum blond hair is partly covered by a backward snapback and Tao internally rolls her eyes at his attempt to look cool.

"What took you so long?" the irritation in Sehun’s tone is apparent. He’s always been short tempered when it comes to waiting.

"I found a lost puppy. Isn't she cute?" Tao giggles, ing Kyungsoo forward. The shorter girl nearly falls over as she looks from Sehun to Jongin, uncertainly. 

Sehun's eyes glide over Kyungsoo and Tao can see how intimidated the girl is by him. Sehun has that effect on everyone who doesn't know him well. His inhumanely good looks and lack of smile lead people to think he's cold from first look, but Tao has been his closest friend since they were in diapers. She knows Sehun and she knows even though Sehun is cold to people he doesn't know, he cares about the people he loves about whole heartedly. She's reminded of this anytime he risks getting in trouble with his father for beating up one of her ex-boyfriends when they upset her or make her cry. 

Sehun shakes his head, looking fed up and Tao sticks out her tongue in response. She glances at Jongin to see that he's intensely staring at Kyungsoo, as if she's the first girl he's ever seen. Tao tuts under her breath, annoyed that her future boyfriend would pay attention to another girl while she's right there.

"Come on Kyungsoo, if these stupid boys don't want to hang out with us we can eat cake by ourselves." Tao proclaims, tossing her raven black hair and sending a pout in Sehun and Jongin's direction. 

Kyungsoo doesn't reply. Her gaze is focused on the ground and her cheeks have turned a noticeable soft pink. It doesn't take Tao long to figure out its because of Sehun and once she does, she gives an audible sigh. She knows many girls fall for Sehun for his good looks but she didn't expect Kyungsoo to be one of them.

"Like what you see?" Tao decides to tease Kyungsoo by leaning down whispering into her ear.

Kyungsoo flushes deeper and mumbles something under her breath that Tao can't quite catch. 

"Can we leave already?" Sehun says, raising an eyebrow. Tao has always admired his talent to look effortlessly bored no matter what he's doing.

Tao nods and with her arms still linked to Kyungsoo’s, she follows after Sehun and Jongin when they start to walk away.


Kyungsoo can’t believe that she’s about to get cake with Oh Sehun.

She doesn’t pay much attention to other people in her school, but even she knows Oh Sehun. He’s famous for being unbelievably rich, as well as unbelievably attractive and an unbelievable jerk. She had developed a small crush when she first entered school but Taeyeon quickly warned her against it, knowing what he was like.

And not only is Sehun there, there’s also his best friend Kim Jongin. Jongin is Sehun’s right-hand man, and the two of them are never seen apart from each other. Jongin isn’t as attractive or desirable as Sehun, at least according to the female portion of the school, but he’s a nice person. Kyungsoo still remembers him showing her the way to class on the first day.

Kyungsoo’s stomach is doing flips as she struggles to catch up to the three of them. She can’t help feeling excluded amongst them. All three of them are tall and glamorous and skinny but she’s just pale, plain, short Kyungsoo. She can’t resist taking notice of how much skinnier and taller Tao is than her. The Chinese girl is standing next to Sehun and even in their school uniform, they look like a beautiful model couple and Kyungsoo is certain that in her entire her self-esteem has never been as lower than it is at this moment.

Sehun is even more beautiful up close than he is from afar. Kyungsoo has never been able to get a proper look at him until now,  he’s always been surrounded by people, but she completely understands why the girls in school go crazy over him. His skin is pale and unblemished, his jawline well defined. His eyes are pretty. There’s no other word Kyungsoo can use to describe them, they’re just really pretty.

“Hey,” Jongin’s soft voice lulls Kyungsoo out of her thoughts. She looks at him, noting that he’s slowed down to step at her pace but doesn’t think much of it. From what she’s heard and seen, he’s the type of nice person that would do that. “You’re Do Kyungsoo, right? Chanyeol-hyung's sister?”

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo is taken aback at the fact he knows her name. They’re in the same class but she’s always been the quietest person in the class, forever sitting at the back and minding her own business. She’s certain most of her teachers don’t realize she exists. Her plain looks make it worse. She isn’t strikingly attractive. She isn’t even cute. She has the type of face that one would easily forget in a crowd. 

“Chanyeol-hyung sometimes helps me with my rapping after school,” Jongin explains without her asking him to. “He’s a really nice guy. I guess you two are alike that way.”

Kyungsoo internally snorts at that comment. She’s nothing like her siblings. Both Minseok and Chanyeol are friendly and outgoing and loved by their friends. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, has no friends. It's clear to her now.

Kyungsoo stares at Jongin, taking in his appearance. His dark hair is messy and falls across his forehead. The most striking characteristic about him is his golden bronze skin, which contrasts with the pale whiteness of hers. His looks draw out a feeling of nostalgia from Kyungsoo as if reminding her of someone she knew in the past, but she can't remember who.

A particularly cold wind blows at that moment and Kyungsoo can’t hide her shiver. Her school skirt stops mid thigh and the thin blazer is no match for the chill of February. She’s starting to think that she definitely should have gone back for the sweater.

Jongin looks down at her and before Kyungsoo can comprehend what’s happening, he unwinds the long scarf wrapped around his neck and drops it around her shoulders.

“It’s cold,” Jongin says. His cheeks are tinted with pink but Kyungsoo assumes it’s just due to the wind. “You shouldn’t be walking around without a sweater.”

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo surprises herself by giving a small smile. She moves her hand to take a small whiff of the scarf. It smells like rain and apple cinnamon.

Jongin mumbles something under his breath and turns away but Kyungsoo can see how red the back of his neck is, especially now he doesn’t have his scarf on. A warm hand bumps into hers and Kyungsoo looks up to see that it’s Tao.

“You two are having too much fun on your own,” Tao whines loudly. She moves from Kyungsoo’s side and squeezes herself in between Kyungsoo and Jongin. Her body feels extremely bony to touch and Kyungsoo can’t help but wonder how she isn’t freezing to death in her short skirt.

Sehun turns around to stare at the trio before visibly sighing and walking over so that he’s with them. Kyungsoo’s heart starts beating loudly again when she realizes that he’s standing right next to her. He smells like expensive cologne and vanilla and Kyungsoo thinks it’s a scent that she won’t be able to grow tired of.


an: so yeah sesoo is a thing in this but don’t worry bbys its endgame kaisoo

ik i need to chill with the sehun don’t judge i just rlly love him ok

but guys i wanna get to know you all better so can i ask what your exo otp is??

mine is lowkey xiuhan and taohun but kaisoo is A+++. when i first got into the fandom i only read sekai and i still like sekai but idk im so picky with sekai fanfics you wont believe. i dont ship hunhan at all and im not a big shipper of baekyeol or taoris (i know those are the popular ships dont kill me) in contrast i like rare ships like sesoo, chantao, chankai, chansoo etc

dont forgot tovote/suscribe/comment ur love guys. thats my motivationn to write.